NWI Teams to watch next year

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

NWI Teams to watch next year

Post by scarab527 »

Never too early to start talking about next season. Who does everyone think has a shot of making some noise next year? I'll start:

- Valpo: Obviously they just won state, and they have Clark and Davis coming back, along with 4 of 5 OL I believe. They have great numbers as well and never have trouble finding kids to step up and fill in graduation holes. They'll have a chance to make another run next year.

- Michigan City: A disappointing season but they'll literally have almost the entire team coming back, including Bush and Hart. Their teams at the lower levels had some success this year as well. Think they might be a big sleeper.

- Crown Point: A team that exceeded all expectations put on them this year but ultimately ended their season in a letdown. The Ehrlich kid transferring over from Hobart will be a big boost, and the numbers they have, similar to Valpo, will allow them to fill their gaps from graduation. I believe I also saw they'll be returning something like 9 starters on defense. Combine that with one of the best coaching staffs in the state and you have to think they'll be solid again.

What say you?

Ballout595922

Re: NWI Teams to watch next year

Post by Ballout595922 »

CP and Valpo for sure will be in the mix as the top teams in the region. City will be improved but I don't think they will turn the corner like some people think. They will have a big win against a top team.

I'll be interested how Hobart will be next year??

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Yes, we bring everyone back and hope to make another run.

Crown Point will continue to be tough but the rest of the DAC will be interesting. Merrillville will be down next year for sure, program has a blackeye right now being on probation.

Hanover in the NCC will be a good tape measure for their program.

Andrean's regular season is never a good indication of how good they really are because they are still in a 2A and will make a tournament run. They were good before Bowen and will be good after him.

Hobart brings back a lot but that loss of Noah Elrich to CP is a big loss for them.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Hanover will get taken to the woodshed next year.

Hobart will be lucky to win six games next year. More transfers out before the season starts?

Valpo will have a good deep run to the SCG.

CP, who can say enough about this program. Stand back and watch.

You think the Transfer Portal is bad… just wait for the action in ‘Da Region.
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Fred Jones field

Post by Fred Jones field »

KV will beat the Bombers. Heard it here first.

Ballout595922

Post by Ballout595922 »

KV will not beat the Bombers. KK will take another Loss

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Fred Jones field wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:58 pm
KV will beat the Bombers. Heard it here first.
You keep saying it enough and maybe o ne day you will get it right!

Ballout595922

Post by Ballout595922 »

Your crazy Fred