Pre-Season Top 10

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
NWI10

Pre-Season Top 10

Post by NWI10 »

What is everyone's preseason top ten looking like?

Nutsy

Re: Pre-Season Top 10

Post by Nutsy »

Overall or by conference?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

1. Valpo- We bring a good group back and I think we are a tough game for anyone.
2. Crown Point- Buz has been nothing short of impressive since he took over the program, transfers will help
3. Merrillville- That Defense will be really good
4. Michigan City- New Coach but they have some really good players like Jaden Hart
5. Hanover Central- WIll be interesting to see what they can do in the NCC but their non-conference will allow for 3 additional wins
6. Hobart- Bricks are always tough, transfers will help
7. Lowell- RDP always plays hard
8. Chesterton- Kids play hard and played us tough last year
9. Lake Central- Iowa Commit in the backfield
10. Andrean- Hard to put them in the top 10 with the amount that lost from last year and the transfers, could see them winning 3 games and getting upset in the sectional or regional

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

1. Crown Point
2. Valpo
3. Hobart
4. Lowell
5. Griffith
6. MC
7. LC
8. Chesterton
9. Hammond Central
10. Andrean

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

1. Crown Point - Best coaching staff in area + almost all defensive starters returning + multiple high profile offensive transfers = #1 preseason ranking. Expectations are high this season for good reason, hopefully they can make up for last year’s disappointing finish.

2. Valpo - Return the bulk of the talent that drove them to the state title last season. They’ll be a favorite in 5A again, but like last year it won’t be easy.

3. Merrillville - Lose a lot of talent but still have the pieces to be dangerous. They have essentially a bye into regionals, so if they get hot at the right time, maybe they could finally make that dream run to LOS.

4. LC - Team started to play better towards the end of last year and I think they’ll continue that momentum into this year. They’ve got a punishing Big Ten Commit RB and a quality coach. Think they’ll surprise some people this year.

5. Chesterton - The Trojans have some good returning offensive pieces and always seems to be tough on defense. They were more physical running the ball last year too which was nice to see. They’ll be a tough out.

6. Hobart - Caldwell coming in from Calumet to pair with Sorensen is big for them. They were young last year so they’ll return a lot of guys. They’ll be dangerous in 4A North.

7. MC - They’ve got enough talent that you’d think they’ll be in almost every game they play, but it’ll be up to a new, young coaching staff to put that talent in the best position to win.

8. Portage - Richards is one of the best coaches in the area. Portage had some nice young pieces last year and if they’ve bought in and put in the work this offseason, I think we’ll start to see the program turnaround in year 1.

9. Hanover - Lost some studs but still have some too. Interested to see what they do in the NCC, it’s obviously a lot more physical than the GSSC and they won’t be able to running clock every team by halftime, so how they deal with that added physicality and the attrition that comes with it in year 1 will be big. Unfortunately being in the sectional with WL is pretty tough.

10. Andrean - Everyone seems to be writing them off but there’s still some studs roaming the hallways of 5959 Broadway. Last season left a bitter taste, but that can all be corrected this season.

Slicer46

Post by Slicer46 »

1. Valpo
2. Crown Point
3. Michigan City
4. Merrillville
5. Hobart
6. Lake Central
7. Hanover Central
8. Andrean
9. Portage
10. Griffith

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Some really solid choices out there.

Nut, curious what you see at Hammond Central to get them in your list?

Like seeing Gtown and Portage in some peoples lists. Definitely hoping to see both of them made some big strides this year

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Adam has a few tricks we are not privy to.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

Overall:

1. Crown Point- Loaded with talent. Semi-State or bust for this team IMO. The defense returns 10/11 starters. Will be interesting to see how the offense gels as the weather gets colder. I would expect it to be a pass heavy offense with two D-1 receivers and a D1 QB.
2. Valpo- Early pick for OPY Travis Davis comes back. I would expect big things from him this year.
3. Merrillville- Defense will be stount/offense will be explosive. Week 3 vs CP will be interesting.
4. Hobart- My 4A North pick. I have them going 8-1 in the regular season and winning the NCC outright. Only loss coming to Merrillville week 2.
5. Lake Central- Iowa commit at RB.
6. Chesterton- Always plays hard.
7. Andrean- They will find a way. State winning QB returns from 2021 as well as some young studs.
8. Hanover- I think they translate to the NCC really well. Week 4 vs Lowell will be really interesting.
9. Portage- Roy will have this program as a power in three years. I see a similar effect that Buz has had on CP coming to Portage
10. KV- Year two of the Kennedy experience.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

1. Valpo
2. Crown Point
3. Hobart
4. Merrillville
5. Michigan City
6. Lake Central
7. Chesterton
8. Griffith
9. Lowell
10. Portage

No Hanover Central, they have played a very weak schedule for years and I think they will struggle this year in the NCC.

No Andrean, Bowen was a beast but he was that whole team last year. Who is even going to run the ball for those guys because they just gave it to him every play. Defensively, they lose a lot and they will have a young, small defensive line, and inexperienced linebackers and secondary. Life is easy as a defense when you have a 4 star recruit making all the tackles and big plays for you. They will make a deep run in the play offs because they play in 2A but when it comes to best teams in the region I do not think they are top 10 this year.