My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Post by Boilernation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:48 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:07 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:07 pm

100%. My dad took me into an nfl sho store when I was 3 years old. And told me to pick out anything. Well I walked over and grabbed a Brett farve jersey. And that was that. Lol

I was a packers fan. My dads a Vikings fan. Bother is a bears fan. 😂
Wow...just shocking! I can get why people are on either side of the Sox/Cubs detabe, are meh about the Hawks. either care a lot or a little about the Bulls, but the Bears seem to be the one true team that brings Chicagoland together in agreeance. Crazy to me when I meet a non Bears fan. Moreso when it's the F'n Packers.

Don’t be mad because the bears are trash 🗑️ lol 😂 packers about to win by 17 week 1 lol 😂
17!?! No shot. Bears by 3-7. It's a new era in Halas Hall. The McCaskey's are finally getting out of the way for once and hired a competent team Pres in Kevin Wilson and an up and coming GM in Ryan Poles who cut is teeth in the Chiefs organization.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

it all depends on Love and Fields. Haven't seen enough of Love to really know if he is a legit NFL QB or not. Fields is a huge question mark. I sure hope he is legit.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:12 pm
it all depends on Love and Fields. Haven't seen enough of Love to really know if he is a legit NFL QB or not. Fields is a huge question mark. I sure hope he is legit.
Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with Justin in Sunday. Some of his throws were INT's in the regular season. Like you, I'm hoping for the best. And he definately only has one year or else that 2024 1st rounder pick is likely on a QB. I keep hearing Love has looked very good in Green Bay's summer camp. The Bears OL is the biggest concern, IMO, for Week 1. They are injured all over the place.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Boilernation wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:19 am
DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:48 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:07 pm

Wow...just shocking! I can get why people are on either side of the Sox/Cubs detabe, are meh about the Hawks. either care a lot or a little about the Bulls, but the Bears seem to be the one true team that brings Chicagoland together in agreeance. Crazy to me when I meet a non Bears fan. Moreso when it's the F'n Packers.

Don’t be mad because the bears are trash 🗑️ lol 😂 packers about to win by 17 week 1 lol 😂
17!?! No shot. Bears by 3-7. It's a new era in Halas Hall. The McCaskey's are finally getting out of the way for once and hired a competent team Pres in Kevin Wilson and an up and coming GM in Ryan Poles who cut is teeth in the Chiefs organization.
Come back to this in 2 weeks when the game is a blow out

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:51 pm
cridge wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:36 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:58 pm

Thank you. I was not talking about "the people up here". I was speaking of Center Grove, as the conversation shifted that way.
you on a region message board. I can see anyone in indy playing a school from Ohio, Michigan and anywhere else. Merrillville, Crown Point, Valpo not.
They happy playing Andrean, Lowell and Hobart
Breaking news: merrillville non conference schedule reported to change.

Hobart has dropped Merrillville for week 2.

Valpo rumored to be playing HSE week 1 next year. Penn week 2

Merrillville will move Andrean to week 2! And pick up Penn week 1!

Andrean is only on merrillville schedule for 1 more year and then rumor is we pick up snider
Hamilton Southeastern just signed a multi year deal with FW Carroll, with this year being the first year. So unless they break that contract after one year I don’t think any of this is happening

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:37 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
cridge wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:36 pm

you on a region message board. I can see anyone in indy playing a school from Ohio, Michigan and anywhere else. Merrillville, Crown Point, Valpo not.
They happy playing Andrean, Lowell and Hobart

Andrean is only on merrillville schedule for 1 more year and then rumor is we pick up snider
Hamilton Southeastern just signed a multi year deal with FW Carroll, with this year being the first year. So unless they break that contract after one year I don’t think any of this is happening
Might be homestead then. I just know it’s one of the two. But I can confirm Hobart dropped merrillville and Chesterton next year. To pick up portage(confirmed) . And I’m hearing Michigan city(unconfirmed)

Valpo is dropping Penn (confirmed)

Merrillville is taking Penn (confirmed)

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:53 am
scarab527 wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Might be homestead then. I just know it’s one of the two. But I can confirm Hobart dropped merrillville and Chesterton next year. To pick up portage(confirmed) . And I’m hearing Michigan city(unconfirmed)

Glad to see Merrillville finally not shy away from playing better competition. Ever since those beatings by Warren in the late 2000s-early 2010s, they’ve played smaller schools in non conference. They had the opportunity to add Center Grove a few years ago and didn’t want to pick them up.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:29 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Glad to see Merrillville finally not shy away from playing better competition. Ever since those beatings by Warren in the late 2000s-early 2010s, they’ve played smaller schools in non conference. They had the opportunity to add Center Grove a few years ago and didn’t want to pick them up.
Don't forget about Chatard giving them a beating as well! You think Andrean is regretting that one at this point? Seriously though, Penn is a very solid OOC pickup for Merrillville.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:58 am
scarab527 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:29 pm
DACfanatic wrote:

Don't forget about Chatard giving them a beating as well! You think Andrean is regretting that one at this point? Seriously though, Penn is a very solid OOC pickup for Merrillville.
Yes, how could I forget that embarrassment.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo »

This Merrilville vs Andrean is interesting.

Bring back the battle of broadway. 2009
Week 1 Ville 14. Warren 49
Week 2 Ville 28 Niners 13

Week 1 Ville 14 Warren 49
week 2 Ville 27 Niners 13

Now it gets Interesting !
Week 1 Ville 13 Warren64
Week 2 Ville 12 Niners 21
Week 1 Ville 7 Warren 35
Week 2 Ville 50 Niners 28

Now Real Interesting !
Week 1 Ville 41. SB Clay 7
Week 2 Ville 32 Niners 34
Week 1 Ville 35 SB Clay 28
Week 2 Ville 34 Niners 45
Week 15
Week 1 Ville 12 Niners 15
Week 2 Ville 12 Penn 31

Just my thought on playing better teams.
Granted those Andrean teams were really good.
Play Warren beat Andrean
Play Clay Lose to Andrean

If Andrean wants to play you play them. Play an Indy school or a Chicago CLS or HF of Lincoln Way. Week 2
Honestly compare yourself to Andrean as far as success and your not even close.

I know the Ville has dominated the series as of late. Again compare the success. No Blue for the Ville. And who do you play week 2.
This Ville clown gets all pumped up talking crap and then here comes .... This year Snider !!!

Best of Luck