Brickie Bowl

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
paintballer

Brickie Bowl

Post by paintballer »

It's a pipe dream but it would be great if somehow Hobart as a town could somehow revamp the Brickie Bowl and make it suitable for games again. Not for playing at every week but for a conference championship game if one comes to fruition naturally via the schedule or for sectional, regional, and/or semi-state championship games.

Wishful thinking I know but man I know anyone who had the opportunity to play in front of a packed house there or attend a packed game there it was an electric place to be.

Jimbo23

Re: Brickie Bowl

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm
It's a pipe dream but it would be great if somehow Hobart as a town could somehow revamp the Brickie Bowl and make it suitable for games again. Not for playing at every week but for a conference championship game if one comes to fruition naturally via the schedule or for sectional, regional, and/or semi-state championship games.

Wishful thinking I know but man I know anyone who had the opportunity to play in front of a packed house there or attend a packed game there it was an electric place to be.
Top 2 High School football atmospheres I experienced as a player. The ONLY game with a better atmosphere for me personally was a playoff game in front of a large crowd once upon a time. But playing vs Hobart on a Homecoming night at the Brickie Bowl was unforgettable.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

It would be amazing. I went to my first ever high school football game there probably in 1985 or 86. I had a cousin that played for them back then and got to go to all their games in the championship year of 87. I was 12 years old and it was electric. I can still feel the place shaking and hearing that train go by. Nothing like it.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:35 pm
It would be amazing. I went to my first ever high school football game there probably in 1985 or 86. I had a cousin that played for them back then and got to go to all their games in the championship year of 87. I was 12 years old and it was electric. I can still feel the place shaking and hearing that train go by. Nothing like it.
One of a kind place, truly.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:35 pm
How could I forget mentioning the train coming by. Was amazing in game when it went by.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

paintballer wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm

I wonder if the community could get together and rebuild it. And then Hobart can play at least 1 home game theere every year for football.. maybe soccer???

Just to bring in the past time?

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

Soccer??? The ghost of Don Howell would haunt you!

Fadely23

Post by Fadely23 »

Few years back there was a flag football league there and the field was in good shape. I think they could definitely hold a game there still with minor upgrades.

Dkg1

Post by Dkg1 »

Fadely23 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:14 pm
Few years back there was a flag football league there and the field was in good shape. I think they could definitely hold a game there still with minor upgrades.
It’s currently being user for Pop Warner practice and an occasional concert… it does look odd with out the wooden bleachers and press box

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VPISU wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:51 pm
Soccer??? The ghost of Don Howell would haunt you!
Hey now I was just throwing out ideas lol 😂