Highland Opening

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

Re: Highland Opening

Post by scarab527 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:57 pm
warrior wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 pm
I have not looked at the data in as detailed a way as you have. Ironically, when you look at it from a distance it seems like NWI is seeing a bit of a football Renaissance given CP and Valpo becoming relevant in 6A/5A and what looks like a high number of D1 signings as opposed to previous decades. But, numbers don't lie.
Just curious why does everyone overlook merrillville. They have been the most consistent team in the entire area. Yes Valpo has a state title. And crown point has been there. But NOONE in region history has been to as many semistates in the last decade as merrillville. They have what? 5 in the last 6 years?
And they've gotten blown out in every one of those games.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

In the last 10 seasons (decade) or from 2014-2023:

Andrean 4 (3-1 record)
Valpo 4 (2-2 record)
Merrillville 4 (0-4 record)
Lowell 2 (1-1 record)
Hobart 2 (1-1 record)
CP 1 (1-0)

Merrillville is not disrespected in the area or in the State. They do need to win a Semi- State game then beat an Indy school in State Championship game.

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
warrior wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:36 pm
I have not looked at the data in as detailed a way as you have. Ironically, when you look at it from a distance it seems like NWI is seeing a bit of a football Renaissance given CP and Valpo becoming relevant in 6A/5A and what looks like a high number of D1 signings as opposed to previous decades. But, numbers don't lie.
Just curious why does everyone overlook merrillville. They have been the most consistent team in the entire area. Yes Valpo has a state title. And crown point has been there. But NOONE in region history has been to as many semistates in the last decade as merrillville. They have what? 5 in the last 6 years?

Doesn’t matter. Outside of 1 year for CP. Merrillville is the top dawg.

Valpo nor CP would contend with merrillville 5/6 years.

Heck the year Valpo won state. They got lucky and caught Merrillville on an off night at regionals. Everyone knows Merrillville was favored by 20+ according to John Harrell.

Merrillville defense did there job that whole game.

The offense with Justin Marshall didn’t show up. They all just disappeared.

And the coaching mistake of not kicking FG that wins the game for merrillville . Fact is no one has the talent or consist to compete year in and year out with merrillville. We are all quick to put CP there because they made state. CP just had 1 good season. They are top 5 in NWI but not top 3 yet. They gotta do it again. And I gurantee they won’t run the DAC or make it past semis.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:27 am
scarab527 wrote:
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:

Heck the year Valpo won state. They got lucky and caught Merrillville on an off night at regionals. Everyone knows Merrillville was favored by 20+ according to John Harrell.

And the coaching mistake of not kicking FG that wins the game for merrillville . Fact is no one has the talent or consist to compete year in and year out with merrillville. We are all quick to put CP there because they made state. CP just had 1 good season. They are top 5 in NWI but not top 3 yet. They gotta do it again. And I gurantee they won’t run the DAC or make it past semis.
How do you keep track of all your accounts parker? Ville hasn't done what Valpo or CP has so let us know when they get the job done when it counts. Woulda, coulda, shoulda world doesn't matter in sports. What was accomplished and every single team that's made a semi-state over the last decade has punched their ticket once except for your Pirates

Also still patiently waiting on the Portage players who are transferring that you have the names of.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

paintballer wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:51 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Also still patiently waiting on the Portage players who are transferring that you have the names of.
I am waiting as patiently for these names as I have been for the Pirates to break through and win the Semi-State... :o :lol: LOL

Seriously though, I've been waiting a LONG TIME for the Pirates to make a run to Indy. Some good friends of mine may not like this but I've always secretly been a Pirate fan (family ties). I know personally I have NEVER "overlooked" Merrillville in my 17 years of caring about/ being a part of/ following NWI (Region) Football. Regardless of how great Merrillville has been though (compared to many other NWI programs), I refuse to discredit the job that Valpo and Crown Point have done by suggesting "Merrillville had an off night on (insert side of ball here)" or "CP had 1 good season" when Merrillville's "off-night" is Valpo playing their butts off, coaching their butts off, and working their butts off to a Regional Crown and eventual state title (2nd appearance in 3 years at the time). Not to mention, NO ONE in the NWI has done what CP just did in that ONE SEASON. I HOPE Merrillville breaks through one day, but until they do, can't be mad at the facts.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Personally, I support all the NWI teams once they get out of sectional. Certainly not going to bash any school. Getting to semi state is no easy task and to win it even harder. Merrillville will get their’s soon. They are too good of a program and have tremendous talent not to get one.

Hanovergrad2019

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

paintballer wrote:
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

How do you keep track of all your accounts parker? Ville hasn't done what Valpo or CP has so let us know when they get the job done when it counts. Woulda, coulda, shoulda world doesn't matter in sports. What was accomplished and every single team that's made a semi-state over the last decade has punched their ticket once except for your Pirates

Who the hell is Parker? And the fact is it don’t matter if you win state. Valpo would never come past a regional in 6A! And crown point had 1 good year? So you think because they won a semi there better? Hell no. All accolades matter. And crown point finally broke through 1 time in school history.

Merrillville has been there 4 out of last 5… and 7 in last 20??

Crown point has to prove they can be consistent which I’ll gurantee they don’t win DAC or make it past sectional this year. That team is way over hyped. And if it wasn’t for injuries that happens in 4th. Valpo was dog walking them. So was Chesterton. Merrillville/cp game was over heifer it started with all the stuff they had. That game will be a toss up this year. Crown point may of been 3rd in DAC but we never will know.

Valpos Travis Davis couldn’t be stopped by CP they had no answer. Then he tore his acl in 4th and the whole game flipped.

And merrillville we all know they had injuries but they all played. But there other QB that didn’t get a lot of playing time that probably has best arm in region was out with a concussion and then next week he came back and broke his arm.. they were supposed to have a 2 qb system all year and it never got off the ground due to injury. I don’t even think that kid came back till week of semistate. And there crowd was calling for them to put him in. But coaches choose not to because he hasn’t played most of season. You can hear the audio for there snider game. Crowd was chanting we want Jordan.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

nwifbfan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:27 pm
Personally, I support all the NWI teams once they get out of sectional. Certainly not going to bash any school. Getting to semi state is no easy task and to win it even harder. Merrillville will get their’s soon. They are too good of a program and have tremendous talent not to get one.
Agreed! I'll be as shocked as I am now if they continue their trend of not winning one. There's NO WAY it continues forever, right?...

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 am
paintballer wrote:
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:

Who the hell is Parker? And the fact is it don’t matter if you win state. Valpo would never come past a regional in 6A! And crown point had 1 good year? So you think because they won a semi there better? Hell no. All accolades matter. And crown point finally broke through 1 time in school history.
I don't think he used the word "better." Not one time from what I can see. He DID say the Pirates are the only team in the last decade to go to the Semi-State and NOT punch a ticket to Indy. In fact, paint didn't say it but I will, they're probably (feel free to fact check me) the only team in NWI in the last 30 years to go to multiple semi-states and NOT punch a ticket to Indy at least once. That doesn't mean I declare program A or B better than Merrillville, just an observation made by paint, myself, and anyone else who has watched Region football in the last 3 decades.

See above response. FANTASTIC program achievement but we'd all LOVE to see the Pirates play in Indy.

Crown point has to prove they can be consistent which I’ll gurantee they don’t win DAC or make it past sectional this year. That team is way over hyped. And if it wasn’t for injuries that happens in 4th. Valpo was dog walking them. So was Chesterton. Merrillville/cp game was over heifer it started with all the stuff they had. That game will be a toss up this year. Crown point may of been 3rd in DAC but we never will know.
NO POSSIBLE WAY YOU BELIEVE ANY OF THIS?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Valpos Travis Davis couldn’t be stopped by CP they had no answer. Then he tore his acl in 4th and the whole game flipped.
They scored 14 points before his injury. Valpo wasn't "dog walking" anyone that night, mate. Valpo defense made it tough on Crown Point but hardly taking the Dogs for a walk.

And merrillville we all know they had injuries but they all played. But there other QB that didn’t get a lot of playing time that probably has best arm in region was out with a concussion and then next week he came back and broke his arm.. they were supposed to have a 2 qb system all year and it never got off the ground due to injury. I don’t even think that kid came back till week of semistate. And there crowd was calling for them to put him in. But coaches choose not to because he hasn’t played most of season. You can hear the audio for there snider game. Crowd was chanting we want Jordan.
And if you ACTUALLY believe there's a QB on the Merrillville roster better than Noah Ehrlich, last year, this year, or anytime in Noah's High School tenure, you're even crazier than everyone already knows you are.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 am
paintballer wrote:
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:

Where are the Portage transfer names!?!?!?!?!

It doesn't matter if you win state? That is rich :lol:

Parkhurst is you. You are Parkhurst. Miss spoke the first time. No Hanover grad of 2019 would defend the Ville this passionately. Only parker would have this much passion and information about the Ville and hatred for CP so readily available. You'll be eating a lot of crow this year because most of those statement about the CP games against those teams are comical at best. I broke down the film on all of those games and that is so far from what happened in each one.

No one called the Bills the best team of the 90's because they never got the job done.