Best chance of what region team goes to state each class.

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

Re: Best chance of what region team goes to state each class.

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 4:39 pm
Former Region Guy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:21 pm
I love how people are just ignoring that Hanover is losing a 2000 yard passer and their best O lineman.
I’m willing to say Hanover is the 3rd best in region behind merrillville and crown point. I think Hanover could take Valpo this year with what they got coming back
And this is why no one takes a word you say seriously Parkhurst lmao. Valpo would dogwalk those boys

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

What makes you think that? Hanover has held there own in scrimmages against merrillville and crown point the last few years. And are adding Michigan city to there schedule. Hanover is probably the fastest growing team/school in the region. Hanover in my opinion is not a push over. I personally believe Hanover has the best coach in the area. Plus if I’m not mistaken Hanover gained more yards in Andrean last year than merrillville and Valpo did.

Time will tell. But if Valpo felt that way then why are they running from them? Reports out of Hanover are that Valpo declined to play starting 2025 season. You know when Penn drops Valpo for merrillville supposedly.

Plus there team numbers are relitivly close to the DAC schools

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Former Region Guy wrote:
I love how people are just ignoring that Hanover is losing a 2000 yard passer and their best O lineman.
I’m willing to say Hanover is the 3rd best in region behind merrillville and crown point. I think Hanover could take Valpo this year with what they got coming back
That cannot be a serious comment, you honestly think Hanover could beat us? They cant even win a 3A sectional against a bunch of West Lafayette Sophomores with a ton of talent on that team. Everyone wants to crown this program after they win the NCC in a year which the whole conference is down. Come on man.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VikingNation wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:22 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Former Region Guy wrote:
That cannot be a serious comment, you honestly think Hanover could beat us? They cant even win a 3A sectional against a bunch of West Lafayette Sophomores with a ton of talent on that team. Everyone wants to crown this program after they win the NCC in a year which the whole conference is down. Come on man.

I have been saying they are top 4 in region for almost 5 years now. And that west laffyette team could beat over half the duneland also.

Hanover this year will walk into semistate and lost to Indy chatard.

And again I’ll say it. Hanover with the transfers this year would be top 3 in DAC

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 11:59 pm
VikingNation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

I have been saying they are top 4 in region for almost 5 years now. And that west laffyette team could beat over half the duneland also.

And again I’ll say it. Hanover with the transfers this year would be top 3 in DAC
top 4 for last 5 years, what big games or good teams have they beaten in the last 5 years?

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VikingNation wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:13 am
DACfanatic wrote:
VikingNation wrote:

top 4 for last 5 years, what big games or good teams have they beaten in the last 5 years?

Andrean/hibart/portage/knox/ lake central.

Mind you… Hanover beat Andrean worst than both merrillville and Valpo did if I’m not mistaken.

Also whooped in portage with ease.

I’ll say it again. Hanover central would be a co tender in the DAC.

They tried to schedule both merrillville and Valpo and we both declined. According to there school we declined because playing them is to dangerous as we don’t know what type of team they bring to the game.

But from what I’m hearing out of Valpo fans th try don’t even know what type of team Valpo is bringing to table this year. Heard a handful of kids quit/walked away that were starters to pursue other opportunities. Just a. Handful. Like 5-7 starters.

And starting next year they will be smoking Michigan city

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:29 pm
VikingNation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Mind you… Hanover beat Andrean worst than both merrillville and Valpo did if I’m not mistaken.

They tried to schedule both merrillville and Valpo and we both declined. According to there school we declined because playing them is to dangerous as we don’t know what type of team they bring to the game.

But from what I’m hearing out of Valpo fans th try don’t even know what type of team Valpo is bringing to table this year. Heard a handful of kids quit/walked away that were starters to pursue other opportunities. Just a. Handful. Like 5-7 starters.

A lot of inaccurate statements

- Not going to count the win against Andrean as a good win as this board has discussed how bad that team was in 2023, they are all time 1-3 against Andrean
- They did not beat Andrean worse than Merrillville or Valpo (Hanover beat Andrean 33-9, Merrillvile beat Andrean 40-13, and we beat Andrean 55-18)
- Hanover has never played Lake Central
- Hanover beat Portage 42-40 in 2020, did not beat them with ease and Portage was 3-7 that year, very bad team
- False Statements on 5-7 starters leaving Valpo

Good Try though Cody, Always good for a laugh

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VikingNation wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:32 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:29 pm
VikingNation wrote:

A lot of inaccurate statements

- Not going to count the win against Andrean as a good win as this board has discussed how bad that team was in 2023, they are all time 1-3 against Andrean
- They did not beat Andrean worse than Merrillville or Valpo (Hanover beat Andrean 33-9, Merrillvile beat Andrean 40-13, and we beat Andrean 55-18)
- Hanover has never played Lake Central
- Hanover beat Portage 42-40 in 2020, did not beat them with ease and Portage was 3-7 that year, very bad team
- False Statements on 5-7 starters leaving Valpo

Good Try though Cody, Always good for a laugh

You just proved me right..

They had better defense which in return yes they beat them worst. It’s not margin. It’s the fact they held them to less.

And portage wasn’t a bad team at all. You can’t just look a record. You know how many teams go 1-6 or 2-8 and they make the title game? Because of schedule. Portage is filled with talent and there isn’t a single team in our confrence that walked in and ran away at the beginning.

Hanover walked in and walked through them. Film shows the truth.

And Andrean that Andrean team wasn’t bad. Honestly they played us tougher than they did with Bowen.

Fadely23

Post by Fadely23 »

Portage beat Hanover in 2020…

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Fadely23 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:26 pm
Portage beat Hanover in 2020…
I misread that on John Harrell, looks like Cody is yet again talking nonsense.