RF & LS enrollments

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

RF & LS enrollments

Post by BallinFreak »

Was looking over things and it just hit me that RF is a class 3A school and LS is a class 1A school. I am no longer residing in the area so I dont know what is happening, but what has led to such a gap in their enrollments? Historically they have been rather close to each other and for many years both were in the same class?

Dann Ellenwood

Re: RF & LS enrollments

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:29 am
Was looking over things and it just hit me that RF is a class 3A school and LS is a class 1A school. I am no longer residing in the area so I dont know what is happening, but what has led to such a gap in their enrollments? Historically they have been rather close to each other and for many years both were in the same class?
Does RF have an open enrollment policy?

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

BallinFreak wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:29 am

River was listed as having 513 students last year.
Boone Grove was at 495 and was 2A.... Lake Station has 389 teens and was 1A
I'm surprised River Forest has 500 students as well. but I'm not sure why Lake Station is 1A.

Speaking directly to what you're saying, LS and RF are not that much different in enrollment.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

RF is at the bottom of 3A, LS is at the top of 1A currently. (RF 513 LS 389 ) . In 19-20 RF was at 550, LS was at 373. RF dropping... LS increasing. Both could be in 2A a few years down the road if River Forest trends down and Lake Station trends up.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Thanks for the info guys, just seems strange that they are separated by a class when so simliar.

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Hmmm…Lake Station is 2A in basketball. How could they be 2A but 1A in football? Or are there that many small schools out there that don’t have a football program that it makes them 1A?

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Oh yeah. There are like 80 schools in the IHSAA that do not have football programs. More than I thought.