ncc week 1

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
stackalee

ncc week 1

Post by stackalee »

0-6. Did the great lakes conf join them too?

junior11

Re: ncc week 1

Post by junior11 »

stackalee wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 am
0-6. Did the great lakes conf join them too?
Wow. When was the last time that happened?? DAC had a great night!

I wouldn’t count NCC out as they have a couple teams that should make deep playoff runs….Andrean and lowell/Hobart winner. NCC just Had incredibly tough schedule last night

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Nothing that happened last night is indicative of how any of the conferences will be.

The DAC should do well in out of conference games.

Many in the NCC had a really tough game last night.

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

The top of the NCC all played up to 6a teams. Honestly the only surprise to me was Crown Point handling Lowell. Two years ago Chesterton beat Hobart with about the same score and Hobart was 5 pts away a from a state title bid. When Hobart went back to counter game in second half they started have some success. First half they looked like they were trying to get to fancy and be a pro style run team. They have had success with spread power/counter the last two years…Andrean was leading most of the first half. KV was….KV. Highland was Highland. Munster was better than I thought.

RollTribe

Post by RollTribe »

Beastmode wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:12 pm
The top of the NCC all played up to 6a teams. Honestly the only surprise to me was Crown Point handling Lowell. Two years ago Chesterton beat Hobart with about the same score and Hobart was 5 pts away a from a state title bid. When Hobart went back to counter game in second half they started have some success. First half they looked like they were trying to get to fancy and be a pro style run team. They have had success with spread power/counter the last two years…Andrean was leading most of the first half. KV was….KV. Highland was Highland. Munster was better than I thought.
I've gotta keep this respectful since they're kids, and coaches putting in a lot of time and effort. That said, saying Munster was "better than you thought" is interesting. They're... really going to struggle this year. The 28-0 score might have seemed a little inflated to some since LC broke it open in the 2nd half, but LC could have and probably should have had another 14 points on top of that if it weren't for deep balls dropped by open receivers that hit them on the hands, would have gone for 6. LC was far from impressive, at least in the 1st half, but most of their lack of success seemed to be shooting themselves in the foot. Munster is devoid of talent and numbers, and I can't see how they beat anyone but potentially EC Central on that schedule. They had 54 total yards on Friday, against a defense that is less than stellar. When the Munster team ran out onto the field before the game, I figured the other half should be coming out soon, and they never did. What do they have, 40 players? Again, respect is out for those coaches, but it's a bigtime uphill battle on Columbia Ave this season.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Beastmode wrote:
Lowell had 5 starters out for Covid so that was the difference maker in their game against CP

oldunclemark

Post by oldunclemark »

VikingNation wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:42 pm
Beastmode wrote:
Lowell had 5 starters out for Covid so that was the difference maker in their game against CP

Thanks, VN;
I knew a couple of boys were missing in that game but I didnt know how many.
I read that LaPorte had at least two starters out against New Prairie.

NP did win big but LaPorte was not 100%

AD#8

Post by AD#8 »

I've gotta keep this respectful since they're kids, and coaches putting in a lot of time and effort. That said, saying Munster was "better than you thought" is interesting. They're... really going to struggle this year. The 28-0 score might have seemed a little inflated to some since LC broke it open in the 2nd half, but LC could have and probably should have had another 14 points on top of that if it weren't for deep balls dropped by open receivers that hit them on the hands, would have gone for 6. LC was far from impressive, at least in the 1st half, but most of their lack of success seemed to be shooting themselves in the foot. Munster is devoid of talent and numbers, and I can't see how they beat anyone but potentially EC Central on that schedule. They had 54 total yards on Friday, against a defense that is less than stellar. When the Munster team ran out onto the field before the game, I figured the other half should be coming out soon, and they never did. What do they have, 40 players? Again, respect is out for those coaches, but it's a bigtime uphill battle on Columbia Ave this season.
[/quote]

I didn't make it to the game, but this is the exact synopsis I was given by a few people who were in attendance. They said LC was bad and Munster was abysmal. Munster was never elite with Leroy, but they were always formidable, since the coaching change they have been a laughingstock, a change on Columbia is long overdue, I'm not saying their current coach is a bad coach, but whatever he's doing, just isn't working.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

It is sad to see what Munster has become.

And there are no doubt athletes in that school where they should be competitive most years.