Hobart/Lowell

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BrickieJanet

Hobart/Lowell

Post by BrickieJanet »

Hobart vs Lowell

Have predictions? Let’s hear them.

warrior

Re: Hobart/Lowell

Post by warrior »

- it will be a good game
- if the weather is cool, I predict many Carhart jackets in the stands on both sides. If it's warm, then lots of shirts with cutoff sleeves
- alcohol may or may not be snuck in and consumed in Styrofoam coffee cups
- the over/under on 80's letterman jackets is 20
- several "back in my day" gridiron tales will be told. And the truth will not get in the way of a good story.
- the smallest coach on either sideline wears a XXXL

BrickieJanet

Post by BrickieJanet »

I actually enjoyed this.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Really nice preview by Mark Smith:

https://www.usa-365.com/week_5_2021_pre ... 6-2021.htm

I do agree that I do not see Hobart winning this game by 22.

Lowell's run defense has improved and I think they will pressure Hobart's freshmen QB all night.

Lowell may win a close one 21-14

warrior

Post by warrior »

Ok, time for a serious reply.

This was a 10-7 game last year. Is Hobart better after losing all those studs from a dome team? Even with the transfer from Wheeler it seems hard to believe, but we're going to find out. I think Lowell is better this year, primarily based on now having a true dual threat QB. Regardless, the game is going to be close and this is the battle with the actual war coming in sectionals. One of these two teams 100% plays in the Regional. My keys to victory for both teams:

Hobart
-Need positive plays from the Freshman QB
-Gibson needs 150+ yards
-Must win the TO battle (ideally no TO's).
-Time of possession has to be close to equal. They cannot let Lowell control the clock with long drives

Lowell
-Balance on the offensive side of the ball
-Pressure on the young QB and make Hobart one dimensional. #7 and #42 are the keys to success on D
-At minimum, be +2 on turnovers
-Win the battle in the trenches (this really goes for both teams)
-If drives stall, they must at least be long enough to "flip the field." 3 and outs giving Hobart a short field will be problematic.
-Limit Gibson to no more than 2 big plays. You're not going to completely bottle him up for 4 quarters. Limit the damage.

This game is what old school Friday Night Lights are all about. Get off your couch, GO TO THE GAME, and cheer for two great programs. Good luck to both teams!

BrickieJanet

Post by BrickieJanet »

warrior wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:38 pm
Ok, time for a serious reply.

This was a 10-7 game last year. Is Hobart better after losing all those studs from a dome team? Even with the transfer from Wheeler it seems hard to believe, but we're going to find out. I think Lowell is better this year, primarily based on now having a true dual threat QB. Regardless, the game is going to be close and this is the battle with the actual war coming in sectionals. One of these two teams 100% plays in the Regional. My keys to victory for both teams:

Hobart
-Need positive plays from the Freshman QB
-Gibson needs 150+ yards
-Must win the TO battle (ideally no TO's).
-Time of possession has to be close to equal. They cannot let Lowell control the clock with long drives

Lowell
-Balance on the offensive side of the ball
-Pressure on the young QB and make Hobart one dimensional. #7 and #42 are the keys to success on D
-At minimum, be +2 on turnovers
-Win the battle in the trenches (this really goes for both teams)
-If drives stall, they must at least be long enough to "flip the field." 3 and outs giving Hobart a short field will be problematic.
-Limit Gibson to no more than 2 big plays. You're not going to completely bottle him up for 4 quarters. Limit the damage.

This game is what old school Friday Night Lights are all about. Get off your couch, GO TO THE GAME, and cheer for two great programs. Good luck to both teams!

I would love to go to the game but seeing as I live in Pennsylvania, it makes it just a bit difficult.

Go Brickies!!!!!!

BrickieJanet

Post by BrickieJanet »

VikingNation wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:02 pm
Really nice preview by Mark Smith:

https://www.usa-365.com/week_5_2021_pre ... 6-2021.htm

I do agree that I do not see Hobart winning this game by 22.

Lowell's run defense has improved and I think they will pressure Hobart's freshmen QB all night.

Lowell may win a close one 21-14

I read “Renegades” analysis of the game. I see Lowell chasing Hobart a decent portion of the night.

Go Brickies!!!!!

route2andholtz

Post by route2andholtz »

who transferred from Wheeler?

warrior

Post by warrior »

route2andholtz wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:06 pm
who transferred from Wheeler?
The Hobart RB. Issues with the previous coaching regime from what my sources tell me. Not a shock if you know that Hudak guy....

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

The epitome of region football.

Sure it will be a great game and pulling for the Brickies to win it. Impressive that they have a freshman QB making plays. Bodes well for the future