Andrean

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Bearcat Nation

Re: Andrean

Post by Bearcat Nation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 am
School Choice Program (aka vouchers).
School vouchers a) are not available to every family (nor can they be used at every p/p) and b) school vouchers do not cover the entire cost of tuition at many, if not all, the p/p's.
Ratball wrote:Expelling kids, the entrance exams, etc. are all bogus arguments. I can guarantee you that Andrean is probably accepting 98% of the kids who are applying there. I bet over a quarter of the kids there are using a voucher.
Are you suggesting that p/p's cannot, and do not, expel students much easier than public schools can?

Are you suggesting that the student body of a typical public school would pass the entrance exam at the same rate as the applicants to a p/p?

See comment above regarding vouchers - an argument that you admitted made sense to you, yet you continue to argue against it.
Ratball wrote:The point of bringing up Noll is that, by these arguments, Noll has every advantage that Andrean has, and yet their football program is not competitive at all.
Yes, there are p/p's that do not have very competitive football programs. That not every p/p has capitalized on these advantages doesn't mean that the advantages do not exist.

P/p's can, and do, exclude students from their student body that public schools cannot exclude and must admit. A comparison of a p/p student body to a public school student body within an IHSAA athletic class generally isn't an "apples to apples" comparison.
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Bearcat Nation wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:58 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:05 am
School Choice Program (aka vouchers).
School vouchers a) are not available to every family (nor can they be used at every p/p) and b) school vouchers do not cover the entire cost of tuition at many, if not all, the p/p's.
Ratball wrote:Expelling kids, the entrance exams, etc. are all bogus arguments. I can guarantee you that Andrean is probably accepting 98% of the kids who are applying there. I bet over a quarter of the kids there are using a voucher.
Are you suggesting that p/p's cannot, and do not, expel students much easier than public schools can?

Are you suggesting that the student body of a typical public school would pass the entrance exam at the same rate as the applicants to a p/p?

See comment above regarding vouchers - an argument that you admitted made sense to you, yet you continue to argue against it.
Ratball wrote:The point of bringing up Noll is that, by these arguments, Noll has every advantage that Andrean has, and yet their football program is not competitive at all.
Yes, there are p/p's that do not have very competitive football programs. That not every p/p has capitalized on these advantages doesn't mean that the advantages do not exist.

P/p's can, and do, exclude students from their student body that public schools cannot exclude and must admit. A comparison of a p/p student body to a public school student body within an IHSAA athletic class generally isn't an "apples to apples" comparison.
I think you may want to check again.

Bearcat Nation

Post by Bearcat Nation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:26 pm
I think you may want to check again.
What statement of mine, particularly, are you disputing?
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

AD#8

Post by AD#8 »

I think you're going to be waiting a while on a response from Mr. Ellenwood because nothing you stated was false regarding vouchers. Andrean is $10K a year and the most a person would get from EC or Gary via their voucher would be $7K ish. Most from CP or LC wouldn't qualify for the full $5K they are eligible to receive.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

..... "Sponsorships?"

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

Mr. Ellenwood clearly doesn't know how the "voucher" system works or who ACTUALLY gets that money. Spoiler alert, in Indiana, it ain't poor kids from "failing schools" as AD#8 kindly pointed out. He couldn't be more wrong here.

BallStateGreat

Post by BallStateGreat »

I do not understand why the NCC lets them in their conference. Hey guys, can we play with you after we take 3 or 4 of your better players? Put them in the GSSC and see how long they stay relevant.

The advantage Andrean has going into sectionals just based on schedule is incredible. If private schools don't have any advantages why are they in bigger conferences?

Does Drake Bowen ever workout with the team, or only in his Garage?

Bishop Noll still isnt over the hiring of Paul Douglas. That put the football program back 10 years. What was he 25 and only an assistant down in Indy?

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

So what do you base the garage workout information on ?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Cubs#8

Post by Cubs#8 »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm
Mr. Ellenwood clearly doesn't know how the "voucher" system works or who ACTUALLY gets that money. Spoiler alert, in Indiana, it ain't poor kids from "failing schools" as AD#8 kindly pointed out. He couldn't be more wrong here.
I got locked out of my AD#8 account so I had to create a new one, but to clarify, I never said it was for poor kids, however, there is an income threshold that is attached to the voucher. If Mr. Ellenwood takes advantage of the program as you say, it is quite possible that he does not exceed the income threshold. I also never said it was for students of failing schools, a student from any school can use them, but the receiving school only receives the ADM attached to their home school, which is why I gave the examples I did, because students from EC/Gary get closer to 6k while a student from LC/CP only receive 5K, assuming the student receives the full amount. Spoiler alert, I wasn't wrong.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm
OK, Jimbo :)