Andrean

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Jimbo23

Re: Andrean

Post by Jimbo23 »

Cubs#8 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:53 pm
Jimbo23 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm
Mr. Ellenwood clearly doesn't know how the "voucher" system works or who ACTUALLY gets that money. Spoiler alert, in Indiana, it ain't poor kids from "failing schools" as AD#8 kindly pointed out. He couldn't be more wrong here.
I got locked out of my AD#8 account so I had to create a new one, but to clarify, I never said it was for poor kids, however, there is an income threshold that is attached to the voucher. If Mr. Ellenwood takes advantage of the program as you say, it is quite possible that he does not exceed the income threshold. I also never said it was for students of failing schools, a student from any school can use them, but the receiving school only receives the ADM attached to their home school, which is why I gave the examples I did, because students from EC/Gary get closer to 6k while a student from LC/CP only receive 5K, assuming the student receives the full amount. Spoiler alert, I wasn't wrong.

Lets start here, the voucher program was created with the idea of "getting poor kids out of failing schools" which is absolute BS and has NEVER done that as I'm sure we can agree on. Now, I never once said that Mr. Ellenwood takes advantage of the voucher, I have no clue who he even is and won't pretend to. I also never said you were wrong. "He couldn't be more wrong here." was directed at Mr. Ellenwood and not toward yourself. As far as how much money is given to kids from certain areas, a kid's family can make up to $130,000 and get a 50% Voucher which certainly helps schools like Andrean land kids from certain areas (LC/CP) while keeping kids from other areas out because even a 70% Voucher won't help a family making $60,000 a year send their child to the "better school." Andrean knows how to play the game and the numbers here don't lie. 80% of the school plays a sport, the kids are coming from areas/ families with unlimited resources (in most cases), and as Private school they can do WHATEVER they want as far as admittance, enrollment, etc. Do I believe it's an excuse to lose to them? No, absolutely not. Not my style. I jumped into this conversation specifically because I want to know what Bearcat Nation said in his post on Monday at 8:58am that Ellenwood thought was false. Because, spoiler alert, he said nothing wrong in any of the 3 responses on that specific post, not to Ratball (twice) or Ellenwood.

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Lets start here, the voucher program was created with the idea of "getting poor kids out of failing schools" which is absolute BS and has NEVER done that as I'm sure we can agree on. ”

Look at the stats on how many kids from the poorer communities in NWI are using vouchers vs. from LC, Munster, CP, etc. They are using the vouchers way more.

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Bearcat Nation

Post by Bearcat Nation »

Bearcat Nation wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:39 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:26 pm
I think you may want to check again.
What statement of mine, particularly, are you disputing?
I'm still waiting....
October 21, 2011: Wheeler 12, Andrean 7
Click here

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Ratball wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:25 pm
https://www.in.gov/doe/files/2020-2021- ... Report.pdf

Stats are all right here.
Andrean award $886,553.00 . 152 students = $5,832.59
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

I think this has gotten a little sad. As a Hobart guy do I wish Andrean was not in our conference so all we had to do was beat Lowell and win a conference title yes. But that’s not the case private schools exist.

This thread was about congratulating the Andrean players coaches and parents on a great season. They were the only team from the region to make it to state and I’m very happy they won.

We need to have some area pride and root for each other!!

warrior

Post by warrior »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:40 pm
I think this has gotten a little sad. As a Hobart guy do I wish Andrean was not in our conference so all we had to do was beat Lowell and win a conference title yes. But that’s not the case private schools exist.

This thread was about congratulating the Andrean players coaches and parents on a great season. They were the only team from the region to make it to state and I’m very happy they won.

We need to have some area pride and root for each other!!
Nah....

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Why can't we all get along ?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393