KK to KV

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nathan_Laird

KK to KV

Post by Nathan_Laird »

KV has officially hired Kirk Kennedy as their new coach.
There's nothing else going....so why not bring this back?

Nutsy

Re: KK to KV

Post by Nutsy »

The Big Tuna has returned to Region coaching.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

wow thats a great hire

Cubs#8

Post by Cubs#8 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:14 am
wow thats a great hire
What leads you to draw this conclusion? After Lowell, he's not done much. In retrospect, it seems that Lowell football and KK were a perfect match. Since he's left, Lowell football has been in good hands and continued to have success. The constant seems to be Lowell football and the community. I'd love to see him succeed, I'm a fan of a good story, I'm not sure things will be much different in Demotte.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Homerun hire.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Cubs#8 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:09 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
wow thats a great hire
What leads you to draw this conclusion? After Lowell, he's not done much. In retrospect, it seems that Lowell football and KK were a perfect match. Since he's left, Lowell football has been in good hands and continued to have success. The constant seems to be Lowell football and the community. I'd love to see him succeed, I'm a fan of a good story, I'm not sure things will be much different in Demotte.
Let's see what he can do. Others have been given a chance lets see what he can do facing the hurdles others have faced before him.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Cubs#8 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:09 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
wow thats a great hire
Good question. Reputation I guess is the answer. I will be honest I had not looked at his record much following his days at lowell. It is not spectacular. For some reason I have completely blanked out on him going to North Judson for a year. What was the story there? There a year and then gone again. He left Fountain Central in 2017. What has he been doing since then? Has he just been at home or has he been on a staff somewhere?

Cubs#8

Post by Cubs#8 »

I don't have any inside knowledge on KK, but recent history is not on his side when it comes to wins and losses. I guess it's a homerun hire from a name recognition standpoint, but turning a program around is a daunting process, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Cubs#8 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:05 pm
I don't have any inside knowledge on KK, but recent history is not on his side when it comes to wins and losses. I guess it's a homerun hire from a name recognition standpoint, but turning a program around is a daunting process, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
He didn't turn Lowell around over night. Things take time. He is an excellent coach. His track record speaks for itself.

Fred Jones field

Post by Fred Jones field »

I called this months ago. Coach looked good at the board meeting Monday night. I was there in person. He will bring us a Sectional Title. We have a great 8th grade class. I can not wait till he gets ahold of those guys.