New Sectionals

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nutsy

New Sectionals

Post by Nutsy »

I'm surprised we have not had any chatter about the changes.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VikingNation

Re: New Sectionals

Post by VikingNation »

I thought the same thing so I guess maybe I will try to get it going with some of my thoughts.

6A: Sectional 1 loses Merrillville but I still think that Jeff will be a lot for Crown Point to handle.

5A: Seems like expectations are extremely high for the Pirates but MC or Valpo will be waiting in the regional. No doubt it will be a war!

4A: Lowell and Hobart lose quite a bit and New Prairie coming into Sectional 17 will be very tough.

3A: With West Lafayette coming into Sectional 25 I just do not see Hanover repeating.

2A: Andrean comes back loaded, will need to remain focused come playoff time to repeat

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Merrillville will easily make it to semi state, MC is weak and Valpo lost a lot.

4A Hobart should be able to handle Lowell and NP, would not be surprised if they went down to Lucas Oil again

Andrean should be able to make it far but would not be surprised if they get upset in the regionals/ semi state like they do most years. Great talent but usually lose to some random team not as good (i.e. Eastbrook, Pioneer)

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:47 pm
Merrillville will easily make it to semi state, MC is weak and Valpo lost a lot.

4A Hobart should be able to handle Lowell and NP, would not be surprised if they went down to Lucas Oil again

Andrean should be able to make it far but would not be surprised if they get upset in the regionals/ semi state like they do most years. Great talent but usually lose to some random team not as good (i.e. Eastbrook, Pioneer)
Not defending Andrean, but Eastbrook and Pioneer are not random teams and have GREAT programs.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Brickman2020 wrote:

Hobart and Lowell will be a good game.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Slicer46

Post by Slicer46 »

Brickman2020 wrote:

Speaking of Merrillville, heard a rumor on another board that they picked up some big name transfers. Any truth to this?

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Slicer46 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:05 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:

Speaking of Merrillville, heard a rumor on another board that they picked up some big name transfers. Any truth to this?
I know the post you are referring to, for those who are not aware:

"Transfers confirmed:
LB from portage that has D1 offers

RB from Joliet catholic that has D1 offers

WR from Valpo that is 6'5" good speed (2nd year of playing football)

The entire secondary is back. And so is offense (minus QB) which the QB was splitting time with his back up all year and they had same stats till backup went down with torn ACL.backup is mobile

aanotjer WR from Andrean that is over in summer"

I can confirm that there is no LB from portage with D1 offers, they might be getting a transfer from portage but not one with offers

Again there is no running back from Joliet catholic with D1 offers, they might be getting a transfer from portage but not one with offers

not sure about the Valpo kid

We are know the WR they are talking about from Andrean and I can confirm that he is not going to Merrillville.

But I really love this person putting this on the boards and getting people talking this offseason

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Some people just like to talk. Gives them a sense of power.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393