2020 Top 10

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Regionnut2

2020 Top 10

Post by Regionnut2 »

We all know 1 & 1A are Valpo & Hobart. What does the rest of the region look like this year?

Nathan_Laird

Re: 2020 Top 10

Post by Nathan_Laird »

Merrillville has got to up there as well.
There's nothing else going....so why not bring this back?

MT88

Post by MT88 »

How does everyone think my Andrean 59ers will do this year? I am pretty much totally out of the loop, as I have been living down in the Gunshine State(not a typo, pun intended lol) for the last 7+ years...

LHS2012

Post by LHS2012 »

MT88 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:11 am
How does everyone think my Andrean 59ers will do this year? I am pretty much totally out of the loop, as I have been living down in the Gunshine State(not a typo, pun intended lol) for the last 7+ years...
Think Andrean goes 6-3, should be a top runner in the sectional as they normally are. In terms of top 10 I’d have them somewhere in the top half
Snowfall since moving: 0.00"

Regionnut2

Post by Regionnut2 »

Great point about Merrillville.

I think they will be a lot of fun to watch. The Hobart/Merrillville game will be a lot of fun.

It is obviously incredibly early but.... is it possible we have 4 teams at Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend?

Merrillville, Valpo, Hobart, and Andrean?

Fred Jones field

Post by Fred Jones field »

Look to see KV in the top 10 with return of the gun slinger Eli Carden under center.

Portagefan23

Post by Portagefan23 »

Top 4 for sure are Valpo,Merrillville,Hobart,Andrean

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

1. Valpo- Great run last year and bring back some solid talent including IU Commit Cooper Jones. Coach Marshall will have these guys ready to make another run
2. Merrillville- Another team who had a great run last year and acquired some Division 1 talent via transfers Jojo Johnson and Dierre Kelly from Morton.
3. Hobart- Great run last year and the defending NCC champions. Bobby Babcock and Zach Vode have a number of D1 offers and will lead one of the best defensive units in the Region.
4. Andrean- Team was a year ahead of schedule last year and is looking to end their season in Lucas Oil come November. They bring back 8 starters on offense and 7 Starters on defense. Led by D1 Recruit Nick Flesher at WR and 2019 Times Offensive Player of the Year RB Ryan Walsh, the Niners could be lethal come sectional time.
5. Chesterton- Mullen was one of top QBs in the area and is poised to have another great season.
6. Morton- Yes they lost 2 D1 players but they still have Ball State Commit LT Phil Gunn and a lot of other talented players that could lead to a winning season for Morton.
7. Crown Point- Will Petitt has been the QB now since his sophomore year and needs to make some noise this season. Granger always has the CP Defense ready to play and you know they want another shot at the Pirates after last year's sectional loss.
8. Calumet- Mark Flores had a good year leading the Warriors last year and Rick Goode has done a great job since he has taken over.
9. Portage- If there is one thing you know, Russ Radtke may be crazy but he is a winner. This will not be the same Portage team of the last few years.
10. Lowell- RDP did not show up last year and you have to imagine that with second year QB Cam Stojaevic (Sp) the Red Devils will be improved.