Northwest Crossroads Conference

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Brickman2020

Northwest Crossroads Conference

Post by Brickman2020 »

Should the NCC teams hit the panic button after the whole conference goes winless in Week 1?

Nutsy

Re: Northwest Crossroads Conference

Post by Nutsy »

This week will tell the tale.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

28tossright

Post by 28tossright »

I think Highland losing to Griffith was the biggest surprise to me, and maybe KV not scoring against RC but I'm not surprised KV didn't win. Like Brickman said let's see what happens week 2.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Griffith is a much improved team.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Definitely not time to hit the panic button.

Hobart played a much larger school in Chesterton and yes Noah and Trey are good but they lost a lot to graduation and just need to find their footing as a team.

Andrean played the best team in the region and maybe in the state in class 5A, Merrillville game carries no weight in how the season will go for them. Especially when Merrillville uses the transfer portal better than most college teams.

Munster played 6A LC and was just overmatched.

KV getting shut out is surprising but new coach with new system.

Lowell got beat but a CP team that has much improved since last year. CP vs Andrean will be interesting matchup.

Highland played Griffith close but Griffith is also much improved from a year ago.

By the time all these teams hit conference play they will look completely different.

Stop It

Post by Stop It »

I would say it was a bad week for the NCC, not going to get better this week.

Andrean will get thumped by Crown Point, I went to the CP Lowell Game last week, what a huge jump Coach Buzea and his staff have made with this years Bulldogs, they win the DUNELAND.

Griffith vs Munster zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lowell at LaPorte: If Lowell wins, does it really matter for the NCC, not like LaPorte is upper echelon of DAC

Hobart will get thumped by Merrillville

Wheeler and KV, KV just got shutout, didn't see any post game reports, but Rennsselear beating them is not surprising, it happens more than other way, even if they beat a lowly 2a team this week, does this make KV any better? Looking down the road, playing a team out of South Bend, no thanks and then North Newton after that who is 1a, how is KV playing 1a schools, STOP IT

Whiting at Highland. A school that has been predominately 1a, now 2a, and struggling 2a is playing 4a Highland: STOP IT

I have this question, looking around state, NCC beats what other conferences? SAC out of Ft Wayne, nope, Hoosier Heritage, nope, Mid State, Nope, North Central, nope, NIC, nope, Northern Lakes, nope. NCC is probably most comparable to maybe the Hoosier Conference and Sagamore

SO, yes, the NCC is in trouble until Andrean gets to 2a tournament, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Stop It wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:56 am

I have this question, looking around state, NCC beats what other conferences? SAC out of Ft Wayne, nope, Hoosier Heritage, nope, Mid State, Nope, North Central, nope, NIC, nope, Northern Lakes, nope. NCC is probably most comparable to maybe the Hoosier Conference and Sagamore

SO, yes, the NCC is in trouble until Andrean gets to 2a tournament, zzzzzzzzzzzzz
So the NCC is most comparable to conferences that feature schools their own size, instead of conferences made up of bigger schools? That's some high-level analysis right there lol.

Stop It

Post by Stop It »

What can you say, I am sucker for the Venn diagram

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

CP and Merrillville are for real... expect good things in the future from these two.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Highland Gtown game was def biggest surprise to me.

I was really surprised to see the number of people picking KV to win in the pick em game. IMO it was a no brainer that Renns was winning.