Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Dann Ellenwood

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Stop It wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:46 pm
Saw that games were back up and running and figured to log in see what is going on in NWI and I had a notification of a reply, so clicked it saw it and decided to remind folks that an Average Andrean team will always destroy random public school from the sticks
I would hope so.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Stop It wrote:
Saw that games were back up and running and figured to log in see what is going on in NWI and I had a notification of a reply, so clicked it saw it and decided to remind folks that an Average Andrean team will always destroy random public school from the sticks
I think always is a little hyperbolic. 2019 and 2020 aren't that far away. Still in the Skinner era.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:50 pm
Stop It wrote:
I think always is a little hyperbolic. 2019 and 2020 aren't that far away. Still in the Skinner era.
I hate to say it, but truth be told the 2019 team was by-far the worst Andrean team I've ever seen, them getting to semi-state honestly proves the point.

2020 they ran into the anomaly that was the Lellewen twins.

But as an Andrean guy who played in 3A, I think beating your chest over destroying a lot of 2A teams is pretty weak...

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:02 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Stop It wrote:
I hate to say it, but truth be told the 2019 team was by-far the worst Andrean team I've ever seen, them getting to semi-state honestly proves the point.

But as an Andrean guy who played in 3A, I think beating your chest over destroying a lot of 2A teams is pretty weak...
Ha! You're fortunate enoght to have not seen some of the Ivan Zimmer teams in the '90's. Yikes. Great guy. Probably a great coach as well. But they just didn't win. They couldn't even win with the oldest Finn boy who was a very good football player.

I get what you're saying. I NEVER expect Andrean to lose those types of games. Thought they would beat Pioneer and Eastbrook and both were VERY good 2A teams.

Honestly, how do you feel about baseball? Has it reached a point where they should just stay at 4A in baseball? Kind of reminds me of Cathedral or Chatard. What's the point in another Title at a lower level? Cathedral should always be 6A for football and Chatard at least 4A in football. It must feel wild to win a Station Championship and never feel like you were even challenged. Just breezed through the playoffs. Granted, it's not every year. But it's pretty common.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:20 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Boilernation wrote:

Ha! You're fortunate enoght to have not seen some of the Ivan Zimmer teams in the '90's. Yikes. Great guy. Probably a great coach as well. But they just didn't win. They couldn't even win with the oldest Finn boy who was a very good football player.

I get what you're saying. I NEVER expect Andrean to lose those types of games. Thought they would beat Pioneer and Eastbrook and both were VERY good 2A teams.

Honestly, how do you feel about baseball? Has it reached a point where they should just stay at 4A in baseball? Kind of reminds me of Cathedral or Chatard. What's the point in another Title at a lower level? Cathedral should always be 6A for football and Chatard at least 4A in football. It must feel wild to win a Station Championship and never feel like you were even challenged. Just breezed through the playoffs. Granted, it's not every year. But it's pretty common.
Ha, good point. I've heard the stories. But to give Coach Zimmer credit, he did win some sectionals in 4A.

Honestly I expected them to lose vs Eastbrook (remember they did have that onside kick recovery at the end called back on a bogus penalty, not to say they would've scored again). Pioneer they choked horribly. Worst coaching job of Skinner's tenure (until the state game last year).

As for baseball, they did just lose in the 3A finals, albeit with one of their worst teams in recent memory. Last year they beat a 1st round pick Vandy signee in the title game. I don't think Andrean Baseball in 3A is near on the level of Cathedral/Chatard football in 5A/3A. If you look at the results, most years the Niners won state it wasn't easy at all. But it is hard to ignore that prior to last year, they had won 3A every year they had played in it, going back to when I was in school ten years ago.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:48 pm
Boilernation wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Ha, good point. I've heard the stories. But to give Coach Zimmer credit, he did win some sectionals in 4A.

Honestly I expected them to lose vs Eastbrook (remember they did have that onside kick recovery at the end called back on a bogus penalty, not to say they would've scored again). Pioneer they choked horribly. Worst coaching job of Skinner's tenure (until the state game last year).

As for baseball, they did just lose in the 3A finals, albeit with one of their worst teams in recent memory. Last year they beat a 1st round pick Vandy signee in the title game. I don't think Andrean Baseball in 3A is near on the level of Cathedral/Chatard football in 5A/3A. If you look at the results, most years the Niners won state it wasn't easy at all. But it is hard to ignore that prior to last year, they had won 3A every year they had played in it, going back to when I was in school ten years ago.
Last year was Brebeuf, right? I watched that game. That kid was a stud. He had never seen a team hit him like that. Possibly Andrean’s best hitting performance in a State Title game. They didn’t hit like that off the kid from Jasper who went to IU.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:53 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Boilernation wrote:

Last year was Brebeuf, right? I watched that game. That kid was a stud. He had never seen a team hit him like that. Possibly Andrean’s best hitting performance in a State Title game. They didn’t hit like that off the kid from Jasper who went to IU.
Last year, as in 2023? Andrean lost to Silver Creek, 4-2.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:48 am
Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:53 pm
scarab527 wrote:

Last year, as in 2023? Andrean lost to Silver Creek, 4-2.
Yeah, bad take on my part. Referring to 2022.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

He said Public Schools from the sticks.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393