Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BallinFreak

Sectional Draw

Post by BallinFreak »

Any thoughts on how things break down?

Class 6

Crown Points looks to be able to roll to a sectional title.

Class 5

Merrillville will completely destroy everyone in that sectional.

Valpo will surely want a regional rematch with Merrillville. But they better not overlook anyone. Strange things happen between those schools at times. Could be a sectional with an upset waiting to happen.

Class 4

Hobart and New Prairie look to be destined for a meeting for the crown.

Class 3

RF has had a nice season. How strange is it to see them and Griffith playing in round 1?

Hanover and West Layfette look to be favorites to play, but Hanover better not look past the Bombers.

Class 2

Andrean in class 2 is just not right. They will roll thru that sectional.

Class 1

No region teams have a shot. Look out for North Judson!

Nutsy

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by Nutsy »

Westside will come to play... will not be a cakewalk for Hobart.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:00 pm
Westside will come to play... will not be a cakewalk for Hobart.

Nut
No doubt that is a tough draw for the Bricks to open up play. But I cannot see a team that got blown out by Calumet giving them too much trouble. No disrespect to Calumet, they are a good team. But Hobart would beat them rather easily.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

It's all about peaking... Calumet was almost beaten by Griffith... WS is jelling and will give Hobart a game. They are much improved from week two of the season. Coach Boz is doing good things over at Cougar Stadium.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Wouldn’t say Andrean will roll. LaVille is undefeated and will be looking for revenge from last year. I don’t like that Andrean got the bye first round, seems like that could make them come out flat against LaVille and that wouldn’t be good. The Lancers can beat the Niners. But admittedly if they get past LaVille they should have no trouble dispatching whoever they play in the title game.

Stop It

Post by Stop It »

STOP IT

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:31 pm
Wouldn’t say Andrean will roll. LaVille is undefeated and will be looking for revenge from last year. I don’t like that Andrean got the bye first round, seems like that could make them come out flat against LaVille and that wouldn’t be good. The Lancers can beat the Niners. But admittedly if they get past LaVille they should have no trouble dispatching whoever they play in the title game.
It seems it the second round that trips up some teams. We will just have to see how that one shakes out.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Stop It wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:09 am
STOP IT
Why?

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Unfortunately, LaVille lost their starting QB, so I’m calling it now and they will lose to Whiting in the opening round.

Coach Boz is the man and has done a great job with West side but I think Hobart takes the sectional

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:58 pm
Unfortunately, LaVille lost their starting QB, so I’m calling it now and they will lose to Whiting in the opening round.

Coach Boz is the man and has done a great job with West side but I think Hobart takes the sectional
Didn't know that LaVille's starting QB went down. But from what I've heard they are predominantly a running team on offense so maybe they can overcome. Either way big loss. Changes my perception of the game somewhat if true. A 2A team beating the Niners being one-dimensional on offense is a tall task, but we saw Pioneer do it a couple years ago.

Hobart will need to be prepared for New Prairie. That game won't be easy for the Brickies. Wouldn't pencil them in for the sectional just yet.