Portage Opening

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nutsy

Re: Portage Opening

Post by Nutsy »

Fadely23 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:56 am
I don’t think that’s true. Talked to the AD just last week and they haven’t even started interviews yet. Said they would be looking to hire just before Christmas time.
What does your buddy the AD have to say now? Inquiring minds want to know?

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Fadely23

Post by Fadely23 »

Wouldn’t say he’s my buddy. He’s a nice guy though. I just coached there last year and asked him. Did see that merrillville’s OC interviewed last week, and I know klimzack will interview tomorrow. These are just rumors from reliable sources, not 100% true.

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

I almost wish our family friend didn't tell me their nephew was talking about a new HC walking the halls at Griffith if I'm having to wait this long to find out if they've accepted the job or not :lol:

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:52 pm
I almost wish our family friend didn't tell me their nephew was talking about a new HC walking the halls at Griffith if I'm having to wait this long to find out if they've accepted the job or not :lol:

Grapevine says.... undecided at this time.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

I feel like Adam Schefter with my hometown connections coming through and getting back to me the information. It will be announced in the coming days. Now about that Portage gig :?:

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

paintballer wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:47 pm
I feel like Adam Schefter with my hometown connections coming through and getting back to me the information. It will be announced in the coming days. Now about that Portage gig :?:
The interviews continue.... selection will be made in coming days. Everyone is pretty well on the mark as to has been interviewed. Portage is taking their time this time. Program is a diamond in the rough, the new guy has to establish tradition and be a step ahead of the rest of the pack in the DAC to make the program successful. A few missing elements instituted and the program will succeed!

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Nutsy wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:37 pm
paintballer wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:47 pm
The interviews continue.... selection will be made in coming days. Everyone is pretty well on the mark as to has been interviewed. Portage is taking their time this time. Program is a diamond in the rough, the new guy has to establish tradition and be a step ahead of the rest of the pack in the DAC to make the program successful. A few missing elements instituted and the program will succeed!

Nut
I would agree, but from everything I've heard about the administration over there idk...

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

You would think the parents and community would take issue with the administration. I have heard this before but have never been presented with any solid evidence of the roadblocks they have erected. The school board has the ultimate power and you would think some changes should have been made 10 years ago.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

The official announcement will be forthcoming.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

paintballer

Post by paintballer »

I was told it would be announced today. We're looking at you GHS :lol: