What happens with new Hammond schools?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Clistonb

Re: What happens with new Hammond schools?

Post by Clistonb »

Portagefan23 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:46 pm
I predict in 10 years the DAC and NCC will be this

DAC
Andrean
Munster
CP
LC
Merrillville
Portage
Chesterton
Valpo

NCC
Hobart
Lowell
Highland
Griffith
Hammond Central
Morton
KV
Hanover Central
What about LaPorte and Michigan City? They're not going anywhere. The NIC isn't a sensible option for either of them.

Andrean, a 2A school with less than 500 students, in the DAC? Not gonna happen. As good as their athletic program is, they would get their brains beaten out every week on the football field. By the end of the year, they'd be so worn out and beaten up that they might not be at full strength for the postseason.

I'll be generous and say Andrean, in a really, really good year, might go 4-5 in a ten-team DAC. But Munster football would be cannon fodder in that league. They would go years without winning a game. Maybe every three or four years they might trip up Lake Central. I just can't see Munster signing up to get pounded every week in the Duneland. Let's face it, they're already getting pounded every week in the NCC. Now, sure, their basketball team and a lot of their non-revenue sports would do very well in the DAC, but football's king of the hill in the Region, and Munster cannot compete at that level.

Now, as to the NCC, I agree that Hammond Central and Morton ought to end up there, but I'm not sure they will. Griffith isn't going back. They decided to leave the NCC after looking at their long-term trends. Hanover Central might eventually end up there, but they've got a long way to go to compete with the likes of Hobart, Andrean and Lowell in football. At this point, the Wildcats still lose to 2A Boone Grove almost every year.

My best guess is that the DAC in 10 years will have the same lineup it has now, and that the NCC might have its current lineup plus Hanover Central.