Pre-Season Top 10

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: Pre-Season Top 10

Post by Boilernation »

NWI10 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:59 am
Overall:

4. Hobart- My 4A North pick. I have them going 8-1 in the regular season and winning the NCC outright. Only loss coming to Merrillville week 2.
Nice to see the Brickies being highly thought of again. I would currently give the edge to NorthWood now that NiTareon Tuggle didn't end up at IMG Academy and is back in NorthWood. Having a Georgia (Tuggle) AND Michigan (Edmond) committ at WR is going to make the Panthers offense very tough to handle. Plus, I'm sure they'll be playing with a chip on their shoulder after their shocking loss to Northridge last year. Can the Brickies go back to the Bowl, keep the grass high and the field freshly watered like they did in the '80's and '90's if they play NorthWood? :D

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

I'm surprised by how high Michigan City is in most of these posts. The Wolves won only 2 games under Phil Mason last year. Granted, I hear they were young, but I'd still say they're a complete unknown considering they have a very young HC with no HC experience at a higher level. I would be surprised if they don't lose to Warsaw and Lafayette Jeff. A loss to Chesterton and they could be staring at an 0-5 start with Valpo and The Ville next on the schedule.

Jimbo23

Post by Jimbo23 »

I was equally surprised to see the Michigan City love given the way last season went for them and the new coaching hire but if people have seen them and like em, who am I to judge? Lol but after seeing the RSN Top Ten I felt compelled to make my own so here we are.

1. Defending 5A State Champs: Valpo Vikings
2. Crown Point
3. Merrillville
4. Lake Central
5. Hobart
6. Hanover Central
7. Chesterton
8. Andrean
9. Portage
10. Morton
Bubble: Highland

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

VikingNation wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:54 am
1. Valpo- We bring a good group back and I think we are a tough game for anyone.
2. Crown Point- Buz has been nothing short of impressive since he took over the program, transfers will help
3. Merrillville- That Defense will be really good
4. Michigan City- New Coach but they have some really good players like Jaden Hart
5. Hanover Central- WIll be interesting to see what they can do in the NCC but their non-conference will allow for 3 additional wins
6. Hobart- Bricks are always tough, transfers will help
7. Lowell- RDP always plays hard
8. Chesterton- Kids play hard and played us tough last year
9. Lake Central- Iowa Commit in the backfield
10. Andrean- Hard to put them in the top 10 with the amount that lost from last year and the transfers, could see them winning 3 games and getting upset in the sectional or regional
Not bad so far.. might be dead in in the end.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:28 pm
I'm surprised by how high Michigan City is in most of these posts. The Wolves won only 2 games under Phil Mason last year. Granted, I hear they were young, but I'd still say they're a complete unknown considering they have a very young HC with no HC experience at a higher level. I would be surprised if they don't lose to Warsaw and Lafayette Jeff. A loss to Chesterton and they could be staring at an 0-5 start with Valpo and The Ville next on the schedule.
This one aged well. Nice start for Coach French. I them losing to Valpo, but that Merrillville game could be winnable.