DAC 2023

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Slicer46

DAC 2023

Post by Slicer46 »

1A Crown Point
After winning the DAC last year and getting several key transfers, the Bulldogs look to simply reload in Buz’s 3rd year. Offensively, expect a pass-heavy offense with a strong run game. Defensively, with basically every starter coming back, they should be hard to get past. The best Xs and Os coaching staff in the DAC will top this program off with an elite combination
1B Valpo
While CP had the best Xs and Os coaching, Valpo has the best culture and leadership of any team in the Duneland. That is why they went from 4-3 with 3 ugly losses to a state title. With basically every offensive player and half of the defensive players coming back, the Vikings should be right at the top of the conference. I simply cannot decide who is better between Valpo and CP, so I will let the week 6 matchup decide that.
3. Merrillville
While the Pirates have several question marks on offense, they have All-State RB/DB Trey Stephens and 3 All-State level D linemen coming back in Camphor, McGee and Elmore. That should be enough for the Pirates to place near the top half of the DAC
4. Michigan City
Initially, I had the Wolves at 3rd, but after watching their offensive line struggle against SB Adams, there is no way I can rank them ahead of Merrillville. Despite this, they have an elite RB in Jaden Hart, a few solid, yet young, receivers, and a dominant front 4. Expect an improved Wolves team in Cody French’s first year
5. Lake Central
I will admit, this team does have some holes, particularly on defense and on the offensive line, but that isn’t a deal breaker for them since they have Iowa commit Xavier Williams at TB and a solid QB and receiving unit.
6. Portage
Off of raw talent, this team deserves to be lower, but with a new coaching staff led by Roy Richards and a returning starter at QB, expect the Indians to start making improvements
7. Chesterton
I know that they are always a tough team to play, but outside of QB Boswell and TB Lewis and a few other spots, I am really not super impressed with this Trojan team. Then again, no one proves pre season takes wrong like Mark Peterson and the Trojans
8. La Porte
Where do I even begin. From the mess at the top with previous hires that led to this current disaster to the starting QB tearing his ACL during summer hoops, leaving the Slicers no choice but to start an undersized sophomore at QB, the Slicers will not be good this year. Offensive line averages a solid 205 across the board, so it’s gonna be a long one. Only thing to look forward to is that there should be several sophomores in key varsity positions this year, which will hopefully make this job somewhat appealing to anyone who would want it. At this point just pray that Salary still wants to come back after this season

scarab527

Re: DAC 2023

Post by scarab527 »

DAC has three tiers right now in my opinion:
Top Tier - CP, Valpo
Mid Tier - Ville, LC, MC, Chesterton
Low Tier - Portage, LaPorte

CP is the top dog right now based on last year, returning players, and the pieces they’ve added. They also have the best coaching staff top to bottom. Bringing in a QB who can throw and a D1 receiver will give them the passing game they lacked last year. They return multiple OL and almost the whole defense. They’re going to be very good.

Valpo is the clear #2 right now with all the players they have coming back. I don’t think they’ll be able to get by CP, but I don’t see them losing another DAC conference game. Clark and Davis in the backfield together is going to be hard for teams to stop and the way they play defense will keep them in games. Should be very good this year.

The teams in Mid Tier honestly could finish in any number of ways in my opinion. They all have solid players coming back but all have their own big question marks they’ll have to answer during the season. No combination of standings for these teams would really surprise me at this point, that’s how close I think they all are to each other. But I think these teams, as of right now, are a definitive step below Valpo and CP.

The teams in low tier I think could still win some upsets this year in conference. LaPorte won 2 conference games last year in upsets and Portage now has a really good coach leading the way. But the likelihood is overall these teams will struggle this year.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Both of the previous posts are very accurate, agree on both the rankings and tiers

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Slicer46 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:40 am
1A Crown Point
After winning the DAC last year and getting several key transfers, the Bulldogs look to simply reload in Buz’s 3rd year. Offensively, expect a pass-heavy offense with a strong run game. Defensively, with basically every starter coming back, they should be hard to get past. The best Xs and Os coaching staff in the DAC will top this program off with an elite combination
1B Valpo
While CP had the best Xs and Os coaching, Valpo has the best culture and leadership of any team in the Duneland. That is why they went from 4-3 with 3 ugly losses to a state title. With basically every offensive player and half of the defensive players coming back, the Vikings should be right at the top of the conference. I simply cannot decide who is better between Valpo and CP, so I will let the week 6 matchup decide that.
3. Merrillville
While the Pirates have several question marks on offense, they have All-State RB/DB Trey Stephens and 3 All-State level D linemen coming back in Camphor, McGee and Elmore. That should be enough for the Pirates to place near the top half of the DAC
4. Michigan City
Initially, I had the Wolves at 3rd, but after watching their offensive line struggle against SB Adams, there is no way I can rank them ahead of Merrillville. Despite this, they have an elite RB in Jaden Hart, a few solid, yet young, receivers, and a dominant front 4. Expect an improved Wolves team in Cody French’s first year
5. Lake Central
I will admit, this team does have some holes, particularly on defense and on the offensive line, but that isn’t a deal breaker for them since they have Iowa commit Xavier Williams at TB and a solid QB and receiving unit.
6. Portage
Off of raw talent, this team deserves to be lower, but with a new coaching staff led by Roy Richards and a returning starter at QB, expect the Indians to start making improvements
7. Chesterton
I know that they are always a tough team to play, but outside of QB Boswell and TB Lewis and a few other spots, I am really not super impressed with this Trojan team. Then again, no one proves pre season takes wrong like Mark Peterson and the Trojans
8. La Porte
Where do I even begin. From the mess at the top with previous hires that led to this current disaster to the starting QB tearing his ACL during summer hoops, leaving the Slicers no choice but to start an undersized sophomore at QB, the Slicers will not be good this year. Offensive line averages a solid 205 across the board, so it’s gonna be a long one. Only thing to look forward to is that there should be several sophomores in key varsity positions this year, which will hopefully make this job somewhat appealing to anyone who would want it. At this point just pray that Salary still wants to come back after this season

This is a solid take. Mine is close to this except if I’d switch 1/2/3.

Valpo, merrillville, cp

Crown point has 1 good year and everyone is blowing them up. They need to put more together for me. Merrillville is always loaded along with there new transfers. And Valpo well there the team to beat.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

1. Merrillville/cp
3. Valpo
4. City
5. Portage
6. Chesterton
7. Lake central
8. Laporte

Portagefan23