My DAC WEEK 1 schedules and preview/predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Nutsy

Re: My DAC WEEK 1 schedules and preview/predictions

Post by Nutsy »

DACfanatic wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:07 pm
Andrean @ merrillville: merrillville won the last meeting 27-7! Both teams graduated some major players from their team. Andrean graduated do everything mr.football drayk bowen and lost returning WR Patrick clacks to another school. Andrean brings back experience at QB with Scott ballentine Merrillville lost D1 S phillip roche, all their DBs and their star WR Justin Marshall. Both teams have major gaps to fill to start the year. But I’m gonna lean on the pirates because they return 16 starters from last years team! Expect the pirates to win comfortably while Andrean is finding their stride. Merrillville wins 27-10

Chesterton @ Hobart: Chesterton won the last meeting 35-20. Chesterton was a handful for a few teams last year. They bring back a good athlete in Boswell to lead the Trojans. Will also have a new DC this year. While Hobart lost there so everything RB Trey Gibson. Hobart was blessed with the transfer portal after losing their starting QB to crown point. Hobart got LC QB Johnny Sorensen and WR TJ Caldwell from calumet. This is all I need to hear as that combo is gonna be high flying and their defense isn’t all that bad either.. Hobart wins a good game 21-17

Crown point @ Lowell: CP won last meeting 42-0. I’m not gonna say anything about this game except crown poker has the coaching staff and hit the transfer portal hard! Cp 42-0

Lake central @ Munster: LC won the last matchup 42-0. Not much to say here except Munster isn’t at the level of the DAC and LC should be just fine after finishing season strong last year! LC 35-0

New prarie @ Laporte: NP won the last matchup 35-0. New prarie were state runner ups last year: Laporte has a new coach for the 4th time in 5 years?? They don’t have the numbers this year to compete with any one.. What is going on at Laporte. New prarie 50-0

Penn @ Valpo: Penn won last meeting 35-7, Valpo is your 5A state champs. Penn made it look easy again then last year. Penne smallest WR is 6’2 I expect Penn passing game to be a handful. Valpo needs to run and control
The clock.. I don’t think they can do it here.. Penn by 21! 28-7

Portage @ Hammond Morton: portage won last meeting 46-27. Morton has some good talent and they are young. Last year was a growing experience and portage has a new coach that has already changed the culture. This game is the hardest to predict. But I’ll take portage in a tight game 21-20

Warsaw@ Michigan city: warsaw won the last meeting 35-7

Warsay was hit heavy by graduation. While Michigan city got players back hat decided not to play last season for what ever reason that may be. Warsaw has talent ready to step in. And is favored in the game.. but I expect city to be a darkhorse in 5A this season . I’ll take city 35-21
Use your spell checker... your lack of capitalization makes your post distracting. Other that that very informative and on point in many, many cases.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:27 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:16 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:37 pm

Dig deeper. The team that Penn beat wasn't even close to the same team that played against Snider and Whiteland. No possibly way Penn dismantles Valpo again this year.
Any real football fan knows the Valpo overachieved. Sniders coach said they prepared for merrillville for weeks. And whiteland said they prepared for snider. 😂 Valpo was so overlooked it wasn’t funny. And now Valpo probably won’t come out the sectional. Because if they do they going to 6A where they will be smoked
Anyone with common sense understands that Valpo was plagued by injuries all year. Davis and the QB who started the State Championship didn't even play together until possibly Sectionals.

The rest of your post is nonsense I would expect from a MS student. I'll be waiting for the documented quotes where both Snider and Whiteland's coaches said they didn't prepare for Valpo. I mean, it's not like Whiteland didn't have an ENTIRE WEEK of knowing they were playing Valpo.
That combination played 3 games together in regular season. It’s really not that special.. they got lucky because talent is down and everyone knew it was merrillvilles to take. Hell they gave us our only game all year. And we probably should of lost to them

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm
Boilernation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Any real football fan knows the Valpo overachieved. Sniders coach said they prepared for merrillville for weeks. And whiteland said they prepared for snider. 😂 Valpo was so overlooked it wasn’t funny. And now Valpo probably won’t come out the sectional. Because if they do they going to 6A where they will be smoked
Anyone with common sense understands that Valpo was plagued by injuries all year. Davis and the QB who started the State Championship didn't even play together until possibly Sectionals.

The rest of your post is nonsense I would expect from a MS student. I'll be waiting for the documented quotes where both Snider and Whiteland's coaches said they didn't prepare for Valpo. I mean, it's not like Whiteland didn't have an ENTIRE WEEK of knowing they were playing Valpo.
That combination played 3 games together in regular season. It’s really not that special.. they got lucky because talent is down and everyone knew it was merrillvilles to take. Hell they gave us our only game all year. And we probably should of lost to them
Lmao how many accounts do you have on here Parkhurst?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Great to see some action around here lately.

Going to be fun to see how it all shakes out.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:47 pm
Boilernation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Sorry Parkhurst, only you thought it was Merrillville's to take. Much like every year you proclaim them Champs and they pudder out of the playoffs.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Laporte over NP?

How in the world did that happen? Lapotre got more than people thought for this year or is this a really down year for NP?

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Yeah. LaPorte winning and the Portage score were very surprising to me. Granted I’m a Portage homer, but I thought Richards would turn the ship around quickly and Morton wouldn’t be a problem.

Penn/Valpo surprised me as well. IMO, Valpo looked just like the team that won 5A last year. Either Penn would be nothing more than a dominate 5A team or they’re back as a 6A threat in the North. I guess we’ll see as they still have some tough games outside of the NIC.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Boilernation wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:06 pm
Yeah. LaPorte winning and the Portage score were very surprising to me. Granted I’m a Portage homer, but I thought Richards would turn the ship around quickly and Morton wouldn’t be a problem.

Penn/Valpo surprised me as well. IMO, Valpo looked just like the team that won 5A last year. Either Penn would be nothing more than a dominate 5A team or they’re back as a 6A threat in the North. I guess we’ll see as they still have some tough games outside of the NIC.
In all reality morton has what? 4? 5? D1s?