Merrillville done?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
CPbulldogs2024

Merrillville done?

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

Hearing rumors that merrillville has lost a lot of players! There apparently were 15 Illinois high school coaches in their stands during their scrimmage and they had meetings with players on Saturday. I can confirm that Trey stephens has left merrillville and is headed to Morgan park high school. Anyone know of anyone else?

Boilernation

Re: Merrillville done?

Post by Boilernation »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:10 pm
Hearing rumors that merrillville has lost a lot of players! There apparently were 15 Illinois high school coaches in their stands during their scrimmage and they had meetings with players on Saturday. I can confirm that Trey stephens has left merrillville and is headed to Morgan park high school. Anyone know of anyone else?
Is this a joke? 15 Illinois coaches showing up to a Merrillville scrimmage to poach players sounds like a poorly crafted rumor.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Yeah no way that is true about the number of coaches, the player in question has removed the school from his Twitter account so that might be accurate but why would players leave a week before first game and 2 days before school starts? If you go to another school it would be very difficult to get up to speed enough to play on friday

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

I mean that would be outrageous if true but the crazy thing is almost every transfer rumor on here has been turned out to be true so who knows.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:23 pm
Yeah no way that is true about the number of coaches, the player in question has removed the school from his Twitter account so that might be accurate but why would players leave a week before first game and 2 days before school starts? If you go to another school it would be very difficult to get up to speed enough to play on friday
Idk ablut the number of coaches… but heeed they had almost 2,000 people there for a scrimmage.. I can confirm tre stephens is now at Morgan park.. and they lost 2 sophomore DL and a Rb to joilie catholic.

Homewood
Lincoln way east

Slicer46

Post by Slicer46 »

Looks like Stephens is no longer listed on the team’s Hudl page

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Slicer46 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:52 pm
Looks like Stephens is no longer listed on the team’s Hudl page
He I’m in fact at Morgan park. He got an offer this morning and thanked Morgan park.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:19 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Is this a joke? 15 Illinois coaches showing up to a Merrillville scrimmage to poach players sounds like a poorly crafted rumor.
Stranger things have happened.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Boilernation wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:19 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

I can confirm that the following schools had someone from there staff there..

Joliet catholic
Lincolnway east
Homewood floosmoor
Mt Carmel
St. Rita
Hersey
Marist
Brother rice.

Those are the ones that I saw at their scrimmage. There may be more I do not know.

But I can also confirm.. that I heard many of them say merrillvilles junior and sophomore classes are potentially top 5 in the entire state. They potentially have 17-20 division 1 prospects. But I don’t judge talent. They looked really good. But Trey leaving will hurt them to start year.

I can also confirm.. that they have a sophomore that looks like Michigan player Kenneth grant. He is a big boy listed 6’4 395lbs. He can move.. and is strong. But he is a back up NT. Saw a video of him squating over 700lbs. Reminds me of that grant kid. Guess we will see how he turns out too!

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

It’s true. But believe what you want. Not sure how many have left. But officially there is 1 in Trey stephens