My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
cridge

Re: My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Post by cridge »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:52 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:20 pm
warrior wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:09 pm
Keeping it real:

-With over 3,000 kids and some new "recruits," CP and Lowell need to seriously consider pausing the rivalry until the talent/enrollment disparity isn't so great. Nothing better than a David vs. Goliath story, but CP beats Lowell for the foreseeable future.

-CP needs to pick up a game against an Illinois Catholic league or Indy 6A mega. They looked great against an outgunned Lowell team, but I don't think they yet possess the team speed to compete with the Indy schools. A Region 6A title is not happening anytime soon IMO.

We don’t possess the speed the compete with the Indy schools AMD honestly we struggle with merrillville and Michigan city.

Only reason we beat merrillville last year was they made a mistake late to turn the ball over. Otherwise they scored at will on us. But they couldn’t stop our run either with our big O line. I think you replay that game Merrillville wins 8/10 times.

I expect next weeks game to be tight. We are throwing a lot now. But their QB is fast as F***. We will have an issue with that
Crown Point doesn't have the speed to play with Merrillvile / Michigan City and making excuses for beating Merrillville? Hmmmm, where have I heard that before?
.i don't know about making excuses about merrillville, he's right about not having the athletes,

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

cridge wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:01 pm
Boilernation wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

We don’t possess the speed the compete with the Indy schools AMD honestly we struggle with merrillville and Michigan city.

Only reason we beat merrillville last year was they made a mistake late to turn the ball over. Otherwise they scored at will on us. But they couldn’t stop our run either with our big O line. I think you replay that game Merrillville wins 8/10 times.

I expect next weeks game to be tight. We are throwing a lot now. But their QB is fast as F***. We will have an issue with that
Crown Point doesn't have the speed to play with Merrillvile / Michigan City and making excuses for beating Merrillville? Hmmmm, where have I heard that before?
.i don't know about making excuses about merrillville, he's right about not having the athletes,
I haven't seen Crown Point play so I can't really comment on how athletic they are this year. I tried watching the Lowell game streamed by Region Sports and had to turn it off. Way to choppy. CPbulldogs2024 is Parkhurst. He always has an excuse for Merrillville losses.

Stop It

Post by Stop It »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
warrior wrote:
Keeping it real:

-With over 3,000 kids and some new "recruits," CP and Lowell need to seriously consider pausing the rivalry until the talent/enrollment disparity isn't so great. Nothing better than a David vs. Goliath story, but CP beats Lowell for the foreseeable future.

-CP needs to pick up a game against an Illinois Catholic league or Indy 6A mega. They looked great against an outgunned Lowell team, but I don't think they yet possess the team speed to compete with the Indy schools. A Region 6A title is not happening anytime soon IMO.

I love how folks keep going to Merrillville and Michigan City in there speed, and just flat our disregard Lafayette Jeff who with an average LJ team beat them last year as well. STOP IT

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Stop It wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:13 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
warrior wrote:
Keeping it real:

I love how folks keep going to Merrillville and Michigan City in there speed, and just flat our disregard Lafayette Jeff who with an average LJ team beat them last year as well. STOP IT
I would give LJ a bit more credit than average. Didn't they take the eventual 6A North representative to the wire?

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:23 pm
Stop It wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:13 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

I would give LJ a bit more credit than average. Didn't they take the eventual 6A North representative to the wire?
That they did. LJ has a very good coach as well. I like their agressive OOC schedule approach as well considering they're stuck in a very putrid football conference. I'm surprised they voted to boot their neighbors out of the Conference and stay aboard the sinking ship.

warrior

Post by warrior »

No conspiracy theories being espoused by this guy; just responding to the title of the thread with an opinion, which is what this board is about.

My opinion on CP is based on what I saw, albeit one game against an outmatched opponent. Regardless, speed is speed and I didn't see any of the game changing type you're going to need to overcome the Indy mega schools and win a 6A championship. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat some crow as a post Thanksgiving meal.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

warrior wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:40 pm
No conspiracy theories being espoused by this guy; just responding to the title of the thread with an opinion, which is what this board is about.

My opinion on CP is based on what I saw, albeit one game against an outmatched opponent. Regardless, speed is speed and I didn't see any of the game changing type you're going to need to overcome the Indy mega schools and win a 6A championship. If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat some crow as a post Thanksgiving meal.
Why is that though? I've lived in Hoosier Crossroads Confierence territory for the past 15 or so years and watch a lot of their games each Friday night as most are streamed. Both Lake Central and Crown Point are comparable to the HCC
Large Entrollment
Similiar Demographics
Similiar Resources

I get why Lake Central isn't very good compared to where they were with Britton. Maybe times have changed in St. John and they're finally all in on football again. But, Crown Point is all in. They brought in an Indy quality coaching staff with Buzz and Co. They have players wanting to transfer to CP. They SHOULD have athletes and be in contention for the 6A North.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

I think everyone needs to take a step back here and look at the bigger picture with CP.

No one thought they'd run the table last year, but they did, in pretty dominant fashion, only being tested by Merrillville. You can say their season was disappointing because of the loss to Jeff, but if you had said that CP was going to go 10-1 and lose in the Sectional Championship before the season started no one would've believed you. Not like Jeff was a slouch either, they have a Power 5 RB and were a dropped INT away from beating Carroll the next week.

The only time a Region team has been competitive with an Indy team since 6A came about was when Valpo played Carmel to the wire in a 13-10 loss a few years ago, and Carmel truthfully wasn't great that year and got blown out by Warren at state the next week. We saw Merrillville get the breaks beat off them by Carmel and Westfield (2x) for 3 years in a row.

To compete with the HCC/MIC teams, you generally need both speed AND size. A couple years ago, I saw MC get ran over by a Zionsville team that was mediocre in HCC play, because Zionsville had an overwhelming advantage in the trenches. As soon as their OL came out to warm up I knew City was in trouble. And all that D1 skill Merrillville had did nothing when they were getting bludgeoned by North Indy's best for 3 years in a row.

Generally, the Region teams that have size (Valpo, CP) will lack the requisite speed and the teams with speed (Merrillville, City) will lack the necessary size to compete with whoever they need to beat from Indy to get to state. Whether CP has done enough to address this through transfers will have to be wait and seen. But in Buz's 3rd year at the helm its impossible to deny that the Bulldogs are the team with the most potential we have seen here to make a run in 6A at some point. They were basically stuck in mediocrity for ten-plus years, but now they've clearly gone all-in on football.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:57 pm
I think everyone needs to take a step back here and look at the bigger picture with CP.

No one thought they'd run the table last year, but they did, in pretty dominant fashion, only being tested by Merrillville. You can say their season was disappointing because of the loss to Jeff, but if you had said that CP was going to go 10-1 and lose in the Sectional Championship before the season started no one would've believed you. Not like Jeff was a slouch either, they have a Power 5 RB and were a dropped INT away from beating Carroll the next week.

The only time a Region team has been competitive with an Indy team since 6A came about was when Valpo played Carmel to the wire in a 13-10 loss a few years ago, and Carmel truthfully wasn't great that year and got blown out by Warren at state the next week. We saw Merrillville get the breaks beat off them by Carmel and Westfield (2x) for 3 years in a row.

To compete with the HCC/MIC teams, you generally need both speed AND size. A couple years ago, I saw MC get ran over by a Zionsville team that was mediocre in HCC play, because Zionsville had an overwhelming advantage in the trenches. As soon as their OL came out to warm up I knew City was in trouble. And all that D1 skill Merrillville had did nothing when they were getting bludgeoned by North Indy's best for 3 years in a row.

Generally, the Region teams that have size (Valpo, CP) will lack the requisite speed and the teams with speed (Merrillville, City) will lack the necessary size to compete with whoever they need to beat from Indy to get to state. Whether CP has done enough to address this through transfers will have to be wait and seen. But in Buz's 3rd year at the helm its impossible to deny that the Bulldogs are the team with the most potential we have seen here to make a run in 6A at some point. They were basically stuck in mediocrity for ten-plus years, but now they've clearly gone all-in on football.
Great perspective. Don’t forget to mention for Cody that Merrillville couldn’t even handle Chatard’s lines. The differences in the HCC is generally who has the athletes. The teams are all big on the lines. I was at the Zionsville game last Friday. Their lines kept them in the game and TY Hilton’s kid along with a small RB provided the athleticism they needed to get past Pike.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:09 pm
cridge wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:01 pm
Boilernation wrote:

I haven't seen Crown Point play so I can't really comment on how athletic they are this year. I tried watching the Lowell game streamed by Region Sports and had to turn it off. Way to choppy. CPbulldogs2024 is Parkhurst. He always has an excuse for Merrillville losses.

No I’m parkhurst. Idk who the bulldogs guy is