My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Post by DACfanatic »

DAC Power rankings and previews/predictions for week 2

DAC Power Rankings week 2

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville:
3. Valparaiso
4. Chesterton
5. Lake central
6. Michigan city
7. Portage
8. Laporte

DAC week 2 Preview and predictions:

Chicago taft (IL) @ Crown Point: after dominating Lowell in every aspect of the game the bulldogs take a huge step up in competition and play a great quality school from Illinois. I think taft takes this one as the bulldogs have played a game and taft is coming into a week 1 game for them! It’s all about scouting!

Taft wins 24 - 17

Hobart @ merrillville: Hobart held their own with a solid defense against the Chesterton Trojans! They have a QB/WR combination of Sorensen/Caldwell that has potential to be elite! Hobart will have their hands full this week with a pirate team that has shown a new wrinkle with a very fast/mobile QB. And a pirates defense that has a chip on their shoulder! This game will be close early but I expect the pirates to pull away!

Pirates win 35 - 14

Laporte @ Lowell: Lowell got handled easily by a good crown point team. But they have some big boys and definitely can run the ball. While Laporte upset a team in new prairie that no one saw coming. Was this a fluke by the slicers on a night they did something for Jake west? Or are the slicers potentially a decent team this year. I’m gonna go with…..

Lowell in a tight game at home 21-20

Michigan city @ Lafayette jeff: Michigan city was in a defensive battle with Warsaw that they lost. You can’t win games when your QB throws 3 INts. Jeff on the other hand got manhandled by a great cathedral team at LOS! Jeff has the edge in this game by who they played week 1! Still early but..

Bronco 35 city 17

Providence catholic (IL) @ lake central: I don’t have much to say about this because I don’t know a whole lot about providence catholic. They won last year 16-14 so I’m gonna reverse the scrip and go LC!

LC 21 - 17

Valparaiso @ andrean: valpo is still your reigning 5A state champs and had a good game with Penn! andrean is still working out some things with their young team! I expect them to fix some things and have a better game but I’ll still take…

Vikings 40-14

Warsaw @ Chesterton: warsaw is a young team that took down a Michigan city team last week in a defensive battle! Chesterton lost a close one to a rejuvenated Hobart team! This is the hardest one for me to pick. I’ll take warsaw 21-17!

CPbulldogs2024

Re: My DAC week 2 power rankings and preview/predictions

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:37 pm

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville:
3. Valparaiso
4. Chesterton
5. Lake central
6. Michigan city
7. Portage
8. Laporte

Chicago taft (IL) @ Crown Point: after dominating Lowell in every aspect of the game the bulldogs take a huge step up in competition and play a great quality school from Illinois. I think taft takes this one as the bulldogs have played a game and taft is coming into a week 1 game for them! It’s all about scouting!

Taft wins 24 - 17

Hobart @ merrillville: Hobart held their own with a solid defense against the Chesterton Trojans! They have a QB/WR combination of Sorensen/Caldwell that has potential to be elite! Hobart will have their hands full this week with a pirate team that has shown a new wrinkle with a very fast/mobile QB. And a pirates defense that has a chip on their shoulder! This game will be close early but I expect the pirates to pull away!

Pirates win 35 - 14

Laporte @ Lowell: Lowell got handled easily by a good crown point team. But they have some big boys and definitely can run the ball. While Laporte upset a team in new prairie that no one saw coming. Was this a fluke by the slicers on a night they did something for Jake west? Or are the slicers potentially a decent team this year. I’m gonna go with…..

Michigan city @ Lafayette jeff: Michigan city was in a defensive battle with Warsaw that they lost. You can’t win games when your QB throws 3 INts. Jeff on the other hand got manhandled by a great cathedral team at LOS! Jeff has the edge in this game by who they played week 1! Still early but..

Bronco 35 city 17

Providence catholic (IL) @ lake central: I don’t have much to say about this because I don’t know a whole lot about providence catholic. They won last year 16-14 so I’m gonna reverse the scrip and go LC!

LC 21 - 17

Valparaiso @ andrean: valpo is still your reigning 5A state champs and had a good game with Penn! andrean is still working out some things with their young team! I expect them to fix some things and have a better game but I’ll still take…

Vikings 40-14

Warsaw @ Chesterton: warsaw is a young team that took down a Michigan city team last week in a defensive battle! Chesterton lost a close one to a rejuvenated Hobart team! This is the hardest one for me to pick. I’ll take warsaw 21-17!

I agree with power rankings but I was a tad more impressed by merrillville with the back up QB. He is phenomenal! And the fact they ran for almost 400 yards with 3 people that’s cool! But I disagree with crown point losing. We are the top team in DAC and we will beat taft by 17 and next week we’ll merrillville is taking that L

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:14 pm
DACfanatic wrote:

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville:
3. Valparaiso
4. Chesterton
5. Lake central
6. Michigan city
7. Portage
8. Laporte

Taft wins 24 - 17

Pirates win 35 - 14

Bronco 35 city 17

LC 21 - 17

Vikings 40-14

I agree with power rankings but I was a tad more impressed by merrillville with the back up QB. He is phenomenal! And the fact they ran for almost 400 yards with 3 people that’s cool! But I disagree with crown point losing. We are the top team in DAC and we will beat taft by 17 and next week we’ll merrillville is taking that L

I don’t know much about taft. I just did that off last meeting prediction. Uhhh merrillville/Cp will be interesting..

Cp struggled with mobility on defense. And the mobile QB is a game changer. But I’m not sure merrillville will stop CP either in the secondary

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

I mean you cant jump Merrillville above Valpo in the rankings after Merrillville beats a 2A team that is clearly retooling themselves. Andrean had 4 freshmen hit the field and still kept it pretty respectable until late. You just can't put any stock in that game if you are Merrillville.

DACfanatic wrote:

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville:
3. Valparaiso
4. Chesterton
5. Lake central
6. Michigan city
7. Portage
8. Laporte

Taft wins 24 - 17

Pirates win 35 - 14

Bronco 35 city 17

LC 21 - 17

Vikings 40-14

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:31 am
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville:
3. Valparaiso
4. Chesterton
5. Lake central
6. Michigan city
7. Portage
8. Laporte

Taft wins 24 - 17

Pirates win 35 - 14

Bronco 35 city 17

LC 21 - 17

Vikings 40-14

I don’t know much about taft. I just did that off last meeting prediction. Uhhh merrillville/Cp will be interesting..

Cp struggled with mobility on defense. And the mobile QB is a game changer. But I’m not sure merrillville will stop CP either in the secondary
Taft has NEVER won an Illinois HS playoff game in football. This game shouldn't be a problem for Crown Point if they're seriously a contender for the 6A North. Frankly, Taft and Lowell (I know it's a HUGE rivalry game) were a complete waste of OOC scheduling for the 'Dogs. They should have went the same route the 6A Fort Wayne schools are going now that the SAC isn't locked into Conference only play and get some Indy teams on their schedule. Homestead and Carroll's first 2 games are both against Indy teams.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

1. Crown Point
2. Merrillville
3. Valparaiso

I’ve watched a lot of Valpo games since coach Marshall took over and Valparaiso got good again. The only reason why I have them third right now is because I think the defense has a lot of questions. They returned a lot of players from last seasons team but where they lost talent was in the front 7 of the defense. I thought the front 7 was largely the reason they made the playoff run. Holding Snider to 21 and Mville to 15. Valparaiso has had a really good defense the past 4 or 5 seasons and I’d say right now this might be the weakest group. Just a one game observation but I’m not even sure Penn is that good and they ran on them at will. Wouldn’t surprise me to see valpo go 6-3 in the regular season again. I think Merrillville speed is going to give Valpos defense a lot of issues. I think Crown Point might have the best defense in the area.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:49 am
1. Crown Point
2. Merrillville
3. Valparaiso

I’ve watched a lot of Valpo games since coach Marshall took over and Valparaiso got good again. The only reason why I have them third right now is because I think the defense has a lot of questions. They returned a lot of players from last seasons team but where they lost talent was in the front 7 of the defense. I thought the front 7 was largely the reason they made the playoff run. Holding Snider to 21 and Mville to 15. Valparaiso has had a really good defense the past 4 or 5 seasons and I’d say right now this might be the weakest group. Just a one game observation but I’m not even sure Penn is that good and they ran on them at will. Wouldn’t surprise me to see valpo go 6-3 in the regular season again. I think Merrillville speed is going to give Valpos defense a lot of issues. I think Crown Point might have the best defense in the area.
Good perspective. I will say I thought their front 7 was atrocious against Penn.

cridge

Post by cridge »

I have crown point winning 45- 6 0r 12. CP 35-0 at the half. If Cp has problems then it's Duneland and done
Last edited by cridge on Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Boilernation wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:38 am
DACfanatic wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

Taft has NEVER won an Illinois HS playoff game in football. This game shouldn't be a problem for Crown Point if they're seriously a contender for the 6A North. Frankly, Taft and Lowell (I know it's a HUGE rivalry game) were a complete waste of OOC scheduling for the 'Dogs. They should have went the same route the 6A Fort Wayne schools are going now that the SAC isn't locked into Conference only play and get some Indy teams on their schedule. Homestead and Carroll's first 2 games are both against Indy teams.
Much more to the CP/Taft game than just a "normal OOC opponent". Should be quite a fun and uplifting night in CP this Friday. Best wishes to both teams.

It has been well documented on CP Football's social media pages.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:27 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:38 am
DACfanatic wrote:

Much more to the CP/Taft game than just a "normal OOC opponent". Should be quite a fun and uplifting night in CP this Friday. Best wishes to both teams.

It has been well documented on CP Football's social media pages.
Yes, I think we all understand and can appreciate the meaning of the game on Friday, however if you want to win a 6A state championship you need to get a schedule that will allow that level of competition. It is the same point I made on another post about Merrillville-Andrean, that game doesnt get Merrillville much. Im not thrilled we play Andrean Friday because I dont think that really gives us much.