My top 10 region after tonight

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: My top 10 region after tonight

Post by Boilernation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:49 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:10 pm
VikingNation wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:43 pm
WIll be good to see Merrillville actually play someone Friday. Andrean is so young, they start 3 freshmen on defense and really playing us and Merrillville are not good tape measures for how good they are going to be or how good either Us or Merrillville are.

Still a ton to prove for mulitple Region teams who have had weak out of conference schedules and I'm including Crown Point in the weak schedule discussion as well.
No reason to hold back on Crown Point. Their OOC was easily the worst if you're looking at the top half of 6A. They really need to have some difficult conversations with Lowell. I get it's one of Indiana's oldest rivalries, but I think we're entering an era where it's going to get very ugly for Lowell.
I’m about 90% positive that this game is in the schedule for like 15 more years.. they signed a 20 year agreement or some crap back in like 2017 or something
That's not going to bode very well for Lowell. Average MOV the past 2 meetings has been 38.5. I would expect it to balance out around 28-30 for the foreseeable future.

warrior

Post by warrior »

DACfanatic wrote:
Boilernation wrote:
VikingNation wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:43 pm
WIll be good to see Merrillville actually play someone Friday. Andrean is so young, they start 3 freshmen on defense and really playing us and Merrillville are not good tape measures for how good they are going to be or how good either Us or Merrillville are.

Still a ton to prove for mulitple Region teams who have had weak out of conference schedules and I'm including Crown Point in the weak schedule discussion as well.
No reason to hold back on Crown Point. Their OOC was easily the worst if you're looking at the top half of 6A. They really need to have some difficult conversations with Lowell. I get it's one of Indiana's oldest rivalries, but I think we're entering an era where it's going to get very ugly for Lowell.
I’m about 90% positive that this game is in the schedule for like 15 more years.. they signed a 20 year agreement or some crap back in like 2017 or something
1. CP/Lowell is the OLDEST non-continuous rivalry in Indiana, which means this game has been "paused" before so it's not unchartered territory to take a break until Lowell's enrollment goes up.
2. 20 year contract? This is absurd. No AD in their right mind would sign a 20 year contract since none of them have a crystal ball into the future (example: Hanover exploding in growth and joining the NCC).
Last edited by warrior on Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

warrior wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:18 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Boilernation wrote:

1. CP/Lowell is the OLDEST non-contiguous rivalry in Indiana, which means this game has been "paused" before so it's not unchartered territory to take a break until Lowell's enrollment goes up.
2. 20 year contract? This is absurd. No AD in their right mind would sign a 20 year contract since none of them have a crystal ball into the future (example: Hanover exploding in growth and joining the NC).
Lowell is rumored to be closing and sending their kids to crown point and Hanover in about 3-5 years. But I can confirm that Lowell is on our schedule for at least 5 more years as the AD and coach buzz have renewed the contract for a minimum of 5 years. But I’m hearing it’s closer to 8-10

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:04 pm
warrior wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

1. CP/Lowell is the OLDEST non-contiguous rivalry in Indiana, which means this game has been "paused" before so it's not unchartered territory to take a break until Lowell's enrollment goes up.
2. 20 year contract? This is absurd. No AD in their right mind would sign a 20 year contract since none of them have a crystal ball into the future (example: Hanover exploding in growth and joining the NC).
Lowell is rumored to be closing and sending their kids to crown point and Hanover in about 3-5 years. But I can confirm that Lowell is on our schedule for at least 5 more years as the AD and coach buzz have renewed the contract for a minimum of 5 years. But I’m hearing it’s closer to 8-10
I gotta give you credit Parkhurst, whenever I think you've came up with the most braindead, 70 IQ rumor you possibly can, you somehow stoop even lower and make up something even more ludicrous. This Lowell closing scenario is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for always saying the dumbest, wildest things that pop up in your head. Never change bud.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
warrior wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Lowell is rumored to be closing and sending their kids to crown point and Hanover in about 3-5 years.
I stopped reading after this doozie. Wow. Just wow.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:24 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
warrior wrote:

I gotta give you credit Parkhurst, whenever I think you've came up with the most braindead, 70 IQ rumor you possibly can, you somehow stoop even lower and make up something even more ludicrous. This Lowell closing scenario is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for always saying the dumbest, wildest things that pop up in your head. Never change bud.
He has a fair point. Nothing that he has said wrong in rumors in the last 5 years hasn’t come true. Lowell does have to big of a school for there student population and the town is dying when it comes to “kids” it was said during Covid that there were talks of them turning the school into a junior high. And sending kids to crown point and Hanover for high school. Head coach Keith even said to the newspaper I believe it was last year. That he didn’t know how many years lowell football has left. It’s a great school but it’s slowly dying. The enrollment is shrinking every year. Little by little. The facts support the statement. Plus with Hanover projected to be a 5A school in 2/3 years they will definitely have the room.

Lowell is being left behind in all
Aspected when it comes to sports so it does make sense. Not saying it will happen. Just saying there have been many many people who have brought this forward.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:34 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:24 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

He has a fair point. Nothing that he has said wrong in rumors in the last 5 years hasn’t come true. Lowell does have to big of a school for there student population and the town is dying when it comes to “kids” it was said during Covid that there were talks of them turning the school into a junior high. And sending kids to crown point and Hanover for high school. Head coach Keith even said to the newspaper I believe it was last year. That he didn’t know how many years lowell football has left. It’s a great school but it’s slowly dying. The enrollment is shrinking every year. Little by little. The facts support the statement. Plus with Hanover projected to be a 5A school in 2/3 years they will definitely have the room.

Lowell is being left behind in all
Aspected when it comes to sports so it does make sense. Not saying it will happen. Just saying there have been many many people who have brought this forward.
I shouldn’t even reply to this nonsense, but here I am lol. No, Kilmer never said that in the papers lmao. And if you actually look, Lowell’s enrollment has been pretty steady at 1000-1100 kids for a long time. And more than that, If you think the people in that town would let that school close, you’re even more delusional than I think you are. Hanover would also literally need to double in size in the next 2-3 years to become 5A, for the record, lol.

If you’re gonna make stuff up, at least try to make it sound remotely real.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

According to hanovers enrollment for this school year. They are already a 4A school they have roughly (estimated)
980 students. That would put them mid pack in 4A. That’s another reason they joined the Andrean confrence according to Brian Parker. Because they are moving up in the reclassification this winter,

They are also trying to get dunleand schools on schedule because they are one of the faster growing communities in NWI. Parents at the school are saying they are in talks for a big expansion that can potentially allow for another 2-300 more students. They are the ones saying their school board is saying there are talks for Lowell to be turned into a junior high for CP/Hanover.

If you haven’t noticed Lowell is losing all there athletes to cp and Hanover anyway. I have way too much free time to actually knkw this stuff.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Lowell is going to close in the next few years? what? :lol: :lol:

That is delusional

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

When donkeys fly.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393