My top 10 region after tonight

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

My top 10 region after tonight

Post by DACfanatic »

1. Crown point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Hanover central
5. Hobart
6. Highland
7. Lake central
8. Michigan city
9. Hamlin central
10. Andrean

Boilernation

Re: My top 10 region after tonight

Post by Boilernation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:27 am
1. Crown point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Hanover central
5. Hobart
6. Highland
7. Lake central
8. Michigan city
9. Hamlin central
10. Andrean
We disagree just slightly. I would go:

1. Crown Point: Clearly the cream of the crop.
2. Valpo: Admittedly, I haven't seen The Ville play. Valpo to me against Penn looked very similiar in most areas to last years team. I'll give them the edge for now.
3. Merrillville: Has 2 clear chances to move up the table in here and in the DAC standings

This is where it gets tricky. I, seemingly similiar to you, believe Hanover Central is ready for the NCC. Just not sure I have them that high.

4. Hobart
5. Lake Central: Providence Catholic is hit or miss in the Chicago Catholic Leauge. That might be a "good loss" later in the year.
6. Havover Central
7. Chesterton
8. Michigan City.
9. Highland
10. Hammond Central

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Can I get a scouting report on Hamlin Central?

cridge

Post by cridge »

Boilernation wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:03 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
1. Crown point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Hanover central
5. Hobart
6. Highland
7. Lake central
8. Michigan city
9. Hamlin central
10. Andrean

2. Valpo: Admittedly, I haven't seen The Ville play. Valpo to me against Penn looked very similiar in most areas to last years team. I'll give them the edge for now.
3. Merrillville: Has 2 clear chances to move up the table in here and in the DAC standings

This is where it gets tricky. I, seemingly similiar to you, believe Hanover Central is ready for the NCC. Just not sure I have them that high.

4. Hobart
5. Lake Central: Providence Catholic is hit or miss in the Chicago Catholic Leauge. That might be a "good loss" later in the year.
6. Havover Central
7. Chesterton
8. Michigan City.
9. Highland
10. Hammond Central
Better wait one more week. crown point played chicago taft!!!

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

WIll be good to see Merrillville actually play someone Friday. Andrean is so young, they start 3 freshmen on defense and really playing us and Merrillville are not good tape measures for how good they are going to be or how good either Us or Merrillville are.

Still a ton to prove for mulitple Region teams who have had weak out of conference schedules and I'm including Crown Point in the weak schedule discussion as well.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Boilernation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:
1. Crown point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Hanover central
5. Hobart
6. Highland
7. Lake central
8. Michigan city
9. Hamlin central
10. Andrean

4. Hobart
6. Havover Central
7. Chesterton
8. Michigan City.
9. Highland
10. Hammond Central

We will see after this week. That 1/2 matchup is gonna be good to watch.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VikingNation wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:43 pm
WIll be good to see Merrillville actually play someone Friday. Andrean is so young, they start 3 freshmen on defense and really playing us and Merrillville are not good tape measures for how good they are going to be or how good either Us or Merrillville are.

Still a ton to prove for mulitple Region teams who have had weak out of conference schedules and I'm including Crown Point in the weak schedule discussion as well.
I can agree with you. Merrillville will test CP for the 1st time this year. And CP will test merrillville.

You got a reverse from last year.

It was CP rush vs merrillville pass. This year it looks like it’s
CP pass vs merrillville rush

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

cridge wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:21 am
Boilernation wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:
1. Crown point
2. Merrillville
3. Valpo
4. Hanover central
5. Hobart
6. Highland
7. Lake central
8. Michigan city
9. Hamlin central
10. Andrean

4. Hobart
6. Havover Central
7. Chesterton
8. Michigan City.
9. Highland
10. Hammond Central
Better wait one more week. crown point played chicago taft!!!
Fair point. But, I feel pretty confidant I won't have to eat any crow on that comment after next Friday. 'Dogs by at least 7. Won't be surprised if it's double digit MOV.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

VikingNation wrote:

No reason to hold back on Crown Point. Their OOC was easily the worst if you're looking at the top half of 6A. They really need to have some difficult conversations with Lowell. I get it's one of Indiana's oldest rivalries, but I think we're entering an era where it's going to get very ugly for Lowell.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Boilernation wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:10 pm
VikingNation wrote:

No reason to hold back on Crown Point. Their OOC was easily the worst if you're looking at the top half of 6A. They really need to have some difficult conversations with Lowell. I get it's one of Indiana's oldest rivalries, but I think we're entering an era where it's going to get very ugly for Lowell.
I’m about 90% positive that this game is in the schedule for like 15 more years.. they signed a 20 year agreement or some crap back in like 2017 or something