My top 10 region after tonight

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
warrior

Re: My top 10 region after tonight

Post by warrior »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:34 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:24 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:04 pm

Lowell is rumored to be closing and sending their kids to crown point and Hanover in about 3-5 years. But I can confirm that Lowell is on our schedule for at least 5 more years as the AD and coach buzz have renewed the contract for a minimum of 5 years. But I’m hearing it’s closer to 8-10
I gotta give you credit Parkhurst, whenever I think you've came up with the most braindead, 70 IQ rumor you possibly can, you somehow stoop even lower and make up something even more ludicrous. This Lowell closing scenario is absolutely hilarious. Thank you for always saying the dumbest, wildest things that pop up in your head. Never change bud.
He has a fair point. Nothing that he has said wrong in rumors in the last 5 years hasn’t come true. Lowell does have to big of a school for there student population and the town is dying when it comes to “kids” it was said during Covid that there were talks of them turning the school into a junior high. And sending kids to crown point and Hanover for high school. Head coach Keith even said to the newspaper I believe it was last year. That he didn’t know how many years lowell football has left. It’s a great school but it’s slowly dying. The enrollment is shrinking every year. Little by little. The facts support the statement. Plus with Hanover projected to be a 5A school in 2/3 years they will definitely have the room.

Lowell is being left behind in all
Aspected when it comes to sports so it does make sense. Not saying it will happen. Just saying there have been many many people who have brought this forward.
I can't believe I am responding to this nonsense, but you are a MORON. Lowell currently has over 1000 houses plotted for construction: 500 lots currently being excavated and 500 more paused due to the high mortgage rates. That is just two subdivisions and excludes random additions to existing subdivisions, etc. In addition, several chain businesses and restaurants have sought and have been given approval for construction. Let's just say I am in a position to know this kind of stuff.

If you have any common sense (which you clearly don't), you would know the population of Illinois and Lake County is moving south and east, respectively. CP is CP, Hanover is blowing up and Lowell is next.

Misinformation, stupidity and laziness is going to be the death knell for this country. Americans will all be speaking Chinese in about 100 years, maybe less.
Last edited by warrior on Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

I thought I read where Lowell HS is also doing a major athletic facilities "upgrade".

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:51 am
According to hanovers enrollment for this school year. They are already a 4A school they have roughly (estimated)
980 students. That would put them mid pack in 4A. That’s another reason they joined the Andrean confrence according to Brian Parker. Because they are moving up in the reclassification this winter,

They are also trying to get dunleand schools on schedule because they are one of the faster growing communities in NWI. Parents at the school are saying they are in talks for a big expansion that can potentially allow for another 2-300 more students. They are the ones saying their school board is saying there are talks for Lowell to be turned into a junior high for CP/Hanover.

If you haven’t noticed Lowell is losing all there athletes to cp and Hanover anyway. I have way too much free time to actually knkw this stuff.
Hanovers enrollment for this classification cycle, when the count was done at the start of last year, was 763. So that would literally be an increase of over 25% student population in one year. Gimme a break.

You know nothing Parkhurst, just stop. It’s beyond pathetic.

warrior

Post by warrior »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:12 pm
I thought I read where Lowell HS is also doing a major athletic facilities "upgrade".
This is correct and one more reason to invalidate the claim Lowell is closing. In time, Lowell will have new facilities for all outside sports including field turf for FB, baseball and softball as well as a new pool.