Week 3 power rankings for DAC and previews/predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Week 3 power rankings for DAC and previews/predictions

Post by DACfanatic »

Power rankings going into week 3 for the DAC

1. Crown point (vs merrillville)
2. Merrillville (@crownpoint)
3. Valparaiso (@ Laporte)
4. Michigan city ( vs Chesterton)
5. Lake central ( vs portage)
6. Portage ( @ lake central)
7. Chesterton ( @ Michigan city)
8. Laporte ( vs Valpo)

Week 3 preview/predictions

Laporte vs Valpo: Laporte had a great week 1 win and the high ride came crashing to a fiery halt as Lowell dominated all aspect of the games winning the game with ease. Laporte is young in some spots but as I said before the season started Laporte will go winless in the DAC. Valpo has a 3 headed monster in the run game and the QB is capable of making some plays. Valpo wins this game running away!

Valpo: 40-7

Portage @ lake central: both teams have had some ups and downs so far this season. Portage led Hammond Morton week 1 for a good portion of the game. And then got there doors blown off by an Elite Northwood team.. lake central beat Munster week 1. But then lost a tight game to providence catholic in week 2. Lake central has looked the most consistent of the 2 teams this season. So I’ll take…

Lake central: 40-20

Chesterton @ Michigan city: Chesterton has had 2 close losses to Hobart and warsaw. And Michigan city lost to warsaw and beat laffyette jeff. Both teams have things to fix. When it comes down to it. I think right now I have more faith in Chesterton defense than the Michigan city offense. This game definitely has potential to be a blowout if Michigan city gets everything clicking. But I believe Chesterton wins a tight one

Chesterton: 21-20

Game of the week:

Merrillville @ crown point: both teams enter week 3 at 2-0! Crown point has dominated both games against Lowell and chicago taft. While merrillville handled Andrean and Hobart with ease also. This game in my opinion is for the DAC crown. So let’s get to the breakdown. Crown point runs a 3-3-5 defense and there LBs come from all directions no one has been able to figure out the crown point defense as of yet. And their offense isn’t bad either but there Oline isn’t as great as it was last year. they also haven’t been tested either against a quick pirate defense either. Merrillville on the other hand is avg 300+ rushing yards a game. And has a QB that is electric when running the ball. The pirate defense is fast and young and still not healthy! Still 2 players out will they return this week? Your guess is a as good as mine. This game will be tightly contested as the strengths for both teams are their defenses. The weakness in my opinion is the crown point O line vs the merrillville passing consistency!

This game comes down to who wants it more. I think
Merrillville shocks the bulldogs and wins the game on a late score by a score of 24-21!

CPbulldogs2024

Re: Week 3 power rankings for DAC and previews/predictions

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Power rankings going into week 3 for the DAC

1. Crown point (vs merrillville)
2. Merrillville (@crownpoint)
3. Valparaiso (@ Laporte)
4. Michigan city ( vs Chesterton)
5. Lake central ( vs portage)
6. Portage ( @ lake central)
7. Chesterton ( @ Michigan city)
8. Laporte ( vs Valpo)

Week 3 preview/predictions

Laporte vs Valpo: Laporte had a great week 1 win and the high ride came crashing to a fiery halt as Lowell dominated all aspect of the games winning the game with ease. Laporte is young in some spots but as I said before the season started Laporte will go winless in the DAC. Valpo has a 3 headed monster in the run game and the QB is capable of making some plays. Valpo wins this game running away!

Valpo: 40-7

Portage @ lake central: both teams have had some ups and downs so far this season. Portage led Hammond Morton week 1 for a good portion of the game. And then got there doors blown off by an Elite Northwood team.. lake central beat Munster week 1. But then lost a tight game to providence catholic in week 2. Lake central has looked the most consistent of the 2 teams this season. So I’ll take…

Lake central: 40-20

Chesterton @ Michigan city: Chesterton has had 2 close losses to Hobart and warsaw. And Michigan city lost to warsaw and beat laffyette jeff. Both teams have things to fix. When it comes down to it. I think right now I have more faith in Chesterton defense than the Michigan city offense. This game definitely has potential to be a blowout if Michigan city gets everything clicking. But I believe Chesterton wins a tight one

Chesterton: 21-20

Game of the week:

Merrillville @ crown point: both teams enter week 3 at 2-0! Crown point has dominated both games against Lowell and chicago taft. While merrillville handled Andrean and Hobart with ease also. This game in my opinion is for the DAC crown. So let’s get to the breakdown. Crown point runs a 3-3-5 defense and there LBs come from all directions no one has been able to figure out the crown point defense as of yet. And their offense isn’t bad either but there Oline isn’t as great as it was last year. they also haven’t been tested either against a quick pirate defense either. Merrillville on the other hand is avg 300+ rushing yards a game. And has a QB that is electric when running the ball. The pirate defense is fast and young and still not healthy! Still 2 players out will they return this week? Your guess is a as good as mine. This game will be tightly contested as the strengths for both teams are their defenses. The weakness in my opinion is the crown point O line vs the merrillville passing consistency!

This game comes down to who wants it more. I think
Merrillville shocks the bulldogs and wins the game on a late score by a score of 24-21!
I agree with lake central and Valpo.

But I’ll take Michigan city by 14 and crown point by 10! I don’t think Merrillville defense can contain Noah

Richielikelionel

Re: Week 3 power rankings for DAC and previews/predictions

Post by Richielikelionel »

Crown Point 35 Merrillville 28

Michigan City 28 Chesterton 21

Lake Central 28 Portage 14