Game of the week thread: merrillville @ crown point

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: Game of the week thread: merrillville @ crown point

Post by Boilernation »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:56 am
VikingNation wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:00 am
Parkhurst getting the thread going, I hope Crown Point pounds Merrillville by 21
Potentially a Parkhurst double post! I'm going with elder statesman in this one. I knew Buzea when he was much younger and a fierce competitor on the sidelines at Portage. He would use a game like this to send a message. I have to believe that guy is still there. 'Dogs by double digits.
Message sent. Figured double digits. Will settle for triple. Let's here your analysis Parkhurst.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:52 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:56 am
VikingNation wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:00 am
Parkhurst getting the thread going, I hope Crown Point pounds Merrillville by 21
Potentially a Parkhurst double post! I'm going with elder statesman in this one. I knew Buzea when he was much younger and a fierce competitor on the sidelines at Portage. He would use a game like this to send a message. I have to believe that guy is still there. 'Dogs by double digits.
Message sent. Figured double digits. Will settle for triple. Let's here your analysis Parkhurst.
No spinning that one. The Dogs took em to the Woodshed

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Ouch!

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:10 pm
Merrillville And crown point both enter this week 3 contest with a 2-0 record. This game is being billed up as a potential DAC championship game already! Merrillville played Andrean and Hobart winning by scores of 40-13; 31-12! Crown point played Lowell and Chicago taft (IL) winning there games by scores of 42-7; 49-7;

Crown point is led by their electric defensive line that hasn’t had any problems causing issues in the backfield this season.
Allowing an estimated 87 yards total a game. While their offense has been throwing the ball all over! This team is a complete reverse from last year. Great passing attack! Stellar defense. But their biggest weakness is their O-line this year. As Lowell and Chicago taft were breaking through consistently just were u able to bring Noah down heifer he completed quick passes.

Merrillville is also led by their electric defense. They have 3 D1 players to anchor their D- line, and a fast junior filled secondary to rely upon to make plays, their defense is only giving up an estimated 160 yards a game. Merrillville defense has produced more sacks/ints/gum ales than crown point too!
Merrillville offense is a compete twist form years past as they had a okay passing attack. But they have a QB/RB duo that is averaging a combine 387 yards rushing a game. And that doesn’t Include the jet sweeps that the pirates offense has been running. They average over 517 yards a game! Merrillville weakness seems to be there pass game that hasn’t found any rhythm yet.

I believe merrillville played the better non confrence schedule. And will be ready for this game. Crown point has the better coaching staff. If I had to break it down by position.

QB: crown point
RB: merrillville
WR: merrillville
TE: crown point
OL: merrillville (close one)
DL: merrillville(close one)
LBs: crown point
DBs: tied(nither one has been tested)
S: merrillville
ST: crown point

Coaching: crown point

Most dynamic player: merrillville dontae pope

This game will be a great battle of what I have written on papers comes to fruition! Last years game merrillville dominated 3.5 qtrs before coughing the ball up and allowing CP to take the lead. The bulldogs stayed on task and won that game. I see a repeat happening with the type of game. It can go either way. Could we Be In for an overtime game? Is merrillvilles athletes to much? Is crown point coaching staff too much? What do you all
Think? This game won’t be a blowout
This didn’t age well…