Region top 10 going into week 4

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Richielikelionel

Re: Region top 10 going into week 4

Post by Richielikelionel »

Valparaiso seems to have gotten better defensively after Penn. they kept a dangerous Michigan City offense in check tonight.

willyfundude

Post by willyfundude »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:33 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:59 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:15 pm
The NCC is not good this year, Hanover could win it. Right now I’d still take Hobart over them though. And them ranked #3 is insane. City and Merrillville would roll them.
I haven’t seen Hanover play and was wondering the same thing about City and Merrillville. I likely won’t watch a single Hobart game all year. Are they good enough to at least win a Sectional?
Don’t think Hobart is quite as good as everyone thought they’d be. Preseason I liked them to make a run in sectionals but we’ll see. New Prairie is still the biggest obstacle and what they just did to Lowell was impressive.
After what Hanover did to Lowell and such the tight match between Hobart and Kankakee Valley. I have a good feeling about Hanover sweeping the NCC

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:03 am
Valparaiso seems to have gotten better defensively after Penn. they kept a dangerous Michigan City offense in check tonight.
City is sloppy. Will never be they same. Valpo is a 6a team. Were is slappy bragging about his Pirates. Not enough transfers to keep that ship afloat.
I Captain. :D :D :D Got to love the effort from the Valley.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Kosmo wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:19 am
Richielikelionel wrote:
City is sloppy. Will never be they same. Valpo is a 6a team. Were is slappy bragging about his Pirates. Not enough transfers to keep that ship afloat.

Merrillville is way overwhelmed with injuries or suspensions to something. They had 26 players standing on their sidelines in just a jersey. No pads no nothing.

They are missing almost there whole Oline that started week 1,2,

Week 3 they had 2 o line starters out.. and the qb/Rb both hurt.

This week. Like I said 20+ players not dressed..

Not making excuses. Portage did good yesterday. As a pirate Superfan. I don’t like this team at all.. the back up qb needs to get in the game as the starter can’t throw. These coaches went with mobility and a crap arm.. over a pocket passer with a phenomenal arm. with okay mobility. The backup is averaging 400+ passing yards a game for the JV for 2 years now… (he is a sophomore).. and when he does step on the field. They let him play 3rd and long… and if he compeletes it they pull him for mobility again… just doesn’t make sense to me. 1st time in a long time merrillville doesn’t have a WR with a TD catch yet.. and no the WRs are not the problem it’s 1000% the starting QB and coaches.

The starting QB should be a Wr with his hands and speed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:13 pm
Kosmo wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:19 am
Richielikelionel wrote:

Merrillville is way overwhelmed with injuries or suspensions to something. They had 26 players standing on their sidelines in just a jersey. No pads no nothing.

They are missing almost there whole Oline that started week 1,2,

Week 3 they had 2 o line starters out.. and the qb/Rb both hurt.

This week. Like I said 20+ players not dressed..

Not making excuses. Portage did good yesterday. As a pirate Superfan. I don’t like this team at all.. the back up qb needs to get in the game as the starter can’t throw. These coaches went with mobility and a crap arm.. over a pocket passer with a phenomenal arm. with okay mobility. The backup is averaging 400+ passing yards a game for the JV for 2 years now… (he is a sophomore).. and when he does step on the field. They let him play 3rd and long… and if he compeletes it they pull him for mobility again… just doesn’t make sense to me. 1st time in a long time merrillville doesn’t have a WR with a TD catch yet.. and no the WRs are not the problem it’s 1000% the starting QB and coaches.

The starting QB should be a Wr with his hands and speed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Injuries are apart of the game. Valparaiso has 3-4 starters out. It happens. Pretty sure their best defensive end broke his collarbone in the second quarter this past game. He never returned.