DAC power rankings and predictions week 5

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

DAC power rankings and predictions week 5

Post by DACfanatic »

Power rankings going into week 5 for the DAC

1. Crown point (@ portage)
2. Valparaiso (@ Chesterton)
3. Merrillville (@ michigan city)
4. Michigan city ( vs merrillville)
5. Lake central ( @ Laporte )
6. Portage ( vs crown point)
7. Chesterton ( vs Valpo )
8. Laporte ( vs lake central)

Preview and predictions

Crown point @ portage: last week crown point had another impressive showing over the lake central Indians. They have got it done through the air and on the ground. And their defense is good too. As for portage they held their own against a depleted/injured merrillville team and this game wasn’t over till the final 3 mins of the game! Portage has a solid team that is much improved from years past Unfortunately though this game shouldn’t be close as crown point should steamroll again to a victory! I’ll take crown point by a score of 35- 10!

Valpo @ Chesterton: here comes another big rivalry game in porter county! These two teams don’t like each other! Valpo has owned this rivalry for many years now! The last win for Chesterton came in 2015 under a whole different coaching staff! Valpo should be able to run the ball consistently Friday night! Chesterton defense is solid but they don’t have the fire power to compete with the top duneland teams! Valpo wins this game running away 45-14!

Lake central @ Laporte: last week lake central held their own for a while against CP! While Laporte got their clock cleaned again. Even with Xavier Williams potentially still out lake central has been a suprise team in the area. Laporte Well as I have said every week… good luck on your winless duneland season. Lake central wins this game before half time 35-0

Game of the week:

Merrillville @ Michigan city: this game features the two teams with the best athletes in the conference. Both teams need this win moving forward! Merrillville last week struggled with portage, you can blame injuries or coaching the game shouldn’t have been that close. Michigan city on the other hand got destroyed by Valpo in a game that wasn’t even close after the 1st qtr. This game is my game of the week because merrillville should have almost all their players back. While Michigan city always plays merrillville tough. Michigan city has a solid front 4 that can get after the QB but they seem to give up the run a lot. Merrillville in the other hand when healthy has a nasty front 7 that hasn’t been together since week 2. Michigan city will have to test the pirate DBs because their run game won’t go anywhere. As for merrillvile they will have to test that DLine for the wolves and see if it’s as fragile as Valpo made it look. This game will be close early but I expect the………….. pirates to pull away late and win by a score of…… 28-17

Richielikelionel

Re: DAC power rankings and predictions week 5

Post by Richielikelionel »

DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:10 pm

Preview and predictions

Crown point @ portage: last week crown point had another impressive showing over the lake central Indians. They have got it done through the air and on the ground. And their defense is good too. As for portage they held their own against a depleted/injured merrillville team and this game wasn’t over till the final 3 mins of the game! Portage has a solid team that is much improved from years past Unfortunately though this game shouldn’t be close as crown point should steamroll again to a victory! I’ll take crown point by a score of 35- 10!

Valpo @ Chesterton: here comes another big rivalry game in porter county! These two teams don’t like each other! Valpo has owned this rivalry for many years now! The last win for Chesterton came in 2015 under a whole different coaching staff! Valpo should be able to run the ball consistently Friday night! Chesterton defense is solid but they don’t have the fire power to compete with the top duneland teams! Valpo wins this game running away 45-14!

Lake central @ Laporte: last week lake central held their own for a while against CP! While Laporte got their clock cleaned again. Even with Xavier Williams potentially still out lake central has been a suprise team in the area. Laporte Well as I have said every week… good luck on your winless duneland season. Lake central wins this game before half time 35-0

Game of the week:

Merrillville @ Michigan city: this game features the two teams with the best athletes in the conference. Both teams need this win moving forward! Merrillville last week struggled with portage, you can blame injuries or coaching the game shouldn’t have been that close. Michigan city on the other hand got destroyed by Valpo in a game that wasn’t even close after the 1st qtr. This game is my game of the week because merrillville should have almost all their players back. While Michigan city always plays merrillville tough. Michigan city has a solid front 4 that can get after the QB but they seem to give up the run a lot. Merrillville in the other hand when healthy has a nasty front 7 that hasn’t been together since week 2. Michigan city will have to test the pirate DBs because their run game won’t go anywhere. As for merrillvile they will have to test that DLine for the wolves and see if it’s as fragile as Valpo made it look. This game will be close early but I expect the………….. pirates to pull away late and win by a score of…… 28-17

Michigan City with the upset.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

I can stand by that.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:02 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:10 pm

Preview and predictions

Game of the week:

Michigan City with the upset.

Wouldn’t call it an uoset when city is favored by 2.. merrillville should be healthy for the 1st time since week 2. It’s gonna be merrillville D vs city passing.

Or city D against merrillville running