Region top 10 going into week 5

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Region top 10 going into week 5

Post by DACfanatic »

1. Crown point
2. Valpo
3. Hanover central
4. Merrillville
5. Hobart
6. Hammond central
7. Chesterton
8. Andrean
9. Michigan city
10. Boone grove

HM: KV, Chesterton,

Portagefan23

Re: Region top 10 going into week 5

Post by Portagefan23 »

1. CP
2. Valpo
3. Hanover Central
4. Hobart
5. Merrillville
6. Hammond Central
7. Boone Grove
8. Michigan City
9. Andrean
10. Highland

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

HC is ranked too high...

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Portagefan23 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:40 pm
1. CP
2. Valpo
3. Hanover Central
4. Hobart
5. Merrillville
6. Hammond Central
7. Boone Grove
8. Michigan City
9. Andrean
10. Highland

Can’t put merrilllville under Hobart. Especially when merrillville held them to 100 total yards and blew that game open

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:15 am
HC is ranked too high...

Nut
Why you say that? They started getting top 10 votes in 5A..

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

I see two losses in the next five games.

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Nutsy wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:18 pm
I see two losses in the next five games.

Nut
California team yes…

But I’m taking them over morton. Morton is way over hyped

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

1. CP - Lived up to their preseason hype so far. But still not sure this team can make it out of Regionals. 6A is tough folks.

2. Valpo - Putting it together after loss to Penn. Only team in the Region with a real shot to beat CP. Obviously they could make a run in the playoffs, but if they get rematches with Chesterton, MC, and Merrillville all in a row, that’s going to be tough.

3. MC - Best of the rest. The gap between CP/Valpo and the rest of the Region is large right now. Think MC beats Ville this week to claim the #3 spot outright. They potentially could make it interesting in a rematch with Valpo in Sectionals.

4. Ville - Obviously not as good as they have been the past 4 years or so. The Region is down as a whole though so still good enough for the #4 spot. Think Valpo pushes them around similarly to what CP did.

5. Hanover - They’re going to win the NCC in their first year. Hope that wakes up the rest of the teams. West Lafayette in the Sectional is still their roadblock.

6. Hobart - Preseason hype was overplayed but they’re the only team in the NCC that can beat Hanover. New Prairie is their roadblock now in the Sectional.

7. LC - With Williams healthy I’d put them above Hanover and Hobart but with him out their offense is bad. They hung tough defensively with CP for a half last week but CP’s big line eventually wore them down. Think a potential Sectional rematch with Williams healthy could be a little more interesting.

8. Morton - With the hard part of their schedule over I think they’ll start to rack up some wins here. I think they beat Hammond Central this year. The matchup with Hobart will be interesting. Not sure they have enough to challenge Merrillville in the Sectional.

9. Chesterton - Even with all their injuries and their record, I still have to put this team here because I think they’re still better than the rest of the teams in the Region below them. Maybe if they’re healthy in a rematch with Valpo in Sectionals they can make it close.

10. Andrean - One of the worst Andrean teams in recent memory, and the rest of the schedule is brutal. Realistically looking at a 3 or 4 win regular season. But overall still a top 10 team in the Region this year and good enough to make a sleeper run in 2A.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

#5... When donkeys fly!

Nut
Wheeler, IN . 46393

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:05 pm
1. CP - Lived up to their preseason hype so far. But still not sure this team can make it out of Regionals. 6A is tough folks.

2. Valpo - Putting it together after loss to Penn. Only team in the Region with a real shot to beat CP. Obviously they could make a run in the playoffs, but if they get rematches with Chesterton, MC, and Merrillville all in a row, that’s going to be tough.

3. MC - Best of the rest. The gap between CP/Valpo and the rest of the Region is large right now. Think MC beats Ville this week to claim the #3 spot outright. They potentially could make it interesting in a rematch with Valpo in Sectionals.

4. Ville - Obviously not as good as they have been the past 4 years or so. The Region is down as a whole though so still good enough for the #4 spot. Think Valpo pushes them around similarly to what CP did.

5. Hanover - They’re going to win the NCC in their first year. Hope that wakes up the rest of the teams. West Lafayette in the Sectional is still their roadblock.

6. Hobart - Preseason hype was overplayed but they’re the only team in the NCC that can beat Hanover. New Prairie is their roadblock now in the Sectional.

7. LC - With Williams healthy I’d put them above Hanover and Hobart but with him out their offense is bad. They hung tough defensively with CP for a half last week but CP’s big line eventually wore them down. Think a potential Sectional rematch with Williams healthy could be a little more interesting.

8. Morton - With the hard part of their schedule over I think they’ll start to rack up some wins here. I think they beat Hammond Central this year. The matchup with Hobart will be interesting. Not sure they have enough to challenge Merrillville in the Sectional.

9. Chesterton - Even with all their injuries and their record, I still have to put this team here because I think they’re still better than the rest of the teams in the Region below them. Maybe if they’re healthy in a rematch with Valpo in Sectionals they can make it close.

10. Andrean - One of the worst Andrean teams in recent memory, and the rest of the schedule is brutal. Realistically looking at a 3 or 4 win regular season. But overall still a top 10 team in the Region this year and good enough to make a sleeper run in 2A.
You will be rethinking this list soon.

City doesn’t have anywhere near the talent of merrillville.

Merrillville has been injured since week 2. But should have most back this week. We will see!