Hobart vs Andrean

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Brickman2020

Hobart vs Andrean

Post by Brickman2020 »

Andrean has snuck past the Brickies a few times over the past few years but that all ends this season. Andrean has lost big number 34 in the offensive backfield and at his linebacker spot and they clearly are not the same team. Bowen is extremely talented as he is going to start this saturday for ND against Central Michigan but he is not walking on the field friday so I think Hobart gets it done.

The defense is clearly not the same giving up big points in the first two games and the offense has really struggled only scoring 21 in a one possession game against Munster.

Hobart is winning 35-14, do not see the same team speed on defense or offense that Andrean has had in the past.

DACfanatic

Re: Hobart vs Andrean

Post by DACfanatic »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:36 pm
Andrean has snuck past the Brickies a few times over the past few years but that all ends this season. Andrean has lost big number 34 in the offensive backfield and at his linebacker spot and they clearly are not the same team. Bowen is extremely talented as he is going to start this saturday for ND against Central Michigan but he is not walking on the field friday so I think Hobart gets it done.

The defense is clearly not the same giving up big points in the first two games and the offense has really struggled only scoring 21 in a one possession game against Munster.

Hobart is winning 35-14, do not see the same team speed on defense or offense that Andrean has had in the past.

As a fan of a team that has played both. Andrean has a better offense. They have more people they can go to than hobart. Andrean has the better QB. But the best player on the field is TJ Caldwell. And he will get it done. But this will be a low scoring game 17-10 Hobart.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Andrean is really young but they have some good talent. Saw they had a DB-WR offered by Michigan State last week and LB-RB offered by Toledo. I thought they were just mismatched against us in week 2 but I think they will have a good game against Hobart but also think Hobart wins a close one of 17-10 unless Hobart tries to throw the ball every play. If Hobart wins its because they win in the trenches.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Ok someone needs to fill me in on the last part of this game. I was watching online and last I saw Andrean was up by 10 points, I got pulled away to something else to come back and see Hobart won by 3.

the dog

Post by the dog »

Andrean scored on a 66 yard pass on 3rd and 11 to go up 24-14 with about 6:50 left.

Last four series:

Hobart kickoff return to by Shearer out to the 47 gave the Brickies good field position. Hobart scored on an 8 play, 53 yard touchdrive as Sorensen hooked up with T.J. Caldwell from 8 yards out. Hobart went up tempo and mixed up the pass and run. Key pass interference on Andrean (it was a good easy call and a smart play by the Andrean defender as he was beat deep). Hobart pulls within 3 at 24-21 with about 4 1/2 minutes left and the Brickies still had all of their timeouts left.

Andrean was looking to milk clock and after a couple of runs that went nowhere did convert on a third and 11 on a Ballantine pass to Jenkins for 12 yards. They were unable to convert on third and seven on the next set of downs and punted to the Brickies. Brickies ball down 3 on their own 38, 2:33 left.

Brickies did not abandon the run and went uptempo. After an incompletion, the Brickies ran the ball four straight plays to put them on the Andrean 28. Back-to-back hookups between Sorensen and Aiden Leonard put the ball on the Andrean 5. Andrean had to burn time outs as the clock was ticking toward a minute left and they needed time if the Brickies scored. On first and goal, Willie Shearer ran it in. Extra point was no good, giving the Brickies a 27-24 lead.

Andrean received the kickoff and started with the ball on their own 29 and no time outs left and under a minute to go. After an incompletion, the Brickies sacked Ballantine on consecutive plays and with the clock running and the ball on the Andrean 8, the 59ers had to hurry to get a last play off at 3 seconds and Ballantine was pressured again and stopped after about a 10 yard gain.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

THanks for the recap, sounds like a great ending. Is the Leonard related to their former QB and the former Assistant coach at Hobart and head coach at RF?

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Shades of Don Howell.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Caught the stream, Andrean has improved for sure since they played us. Tough to lose when you have a 10 point lead late in the game but thats a game that they will learn from as they gear up for Playoffs.

Hobart pounded the run game and RB did a good job making cuts and finding running lanes. Im interested to see how they do against Hanover Central who runs a similar spread offense to Andrean. Ballentine threw for almost 300 yards so they will need to get that cleaned up quickly.

Dkg1

Post by Dkg1 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:20 am
THanks for the recap, sounds like a great ending. Is the Leonard related to their former QB and the former Assistant coach at Hobart and head coach at RF?
Yes grandson I believe. He’s joes kid!

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Dkg1 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:45 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:20 am
Yes grandson I believe. He’s joes kid!
Nice thanks! Broadway Joe!