Region contenders

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Beastmode

Region contenders

Post by Beastmode »

I think the region has 4 solid contenders this year

6a Merrillvillle- they bring alot back to a solid squad. Also getting 2 D1 transfers helps a bit.

5a Valpo... Same story. They bring alot back, plus the edition of the transfer qb from Jeff.

4a Hobart... Hobart brings back a lot from last years team. Couple D1 prospects, size, and speed. NO NEW TRANSFERS

2A Andrean... as is typical. Andrean lands the starting qb from Marian Catholic in Illinois. This along with the addition of another recruit in a 6'5" 315 OT from Mt Carmel should make them a formidable 2a team. They also bring back alot. Still early, may land more recruits..

Thoughts?

Coach Nowlin

Re: Region contenders

Post by Coach Nowlin »

OL from Mt Carmel was enrolled last year, but lost the year from season ending injury from the summer.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

This could definitely be a fun season for the region.

BrickieJanet

Post by BrickieJanet »

I hear Hobart is loaded. I was able to watch games online last year and they were solid. They are to be just as solid at minimum.

MT88

Post by MT88 »

Beastmode wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:33 pm

6a Merrillvillle- they bring alot back to a solid squad. Also getting 2 D1 transfers helps a bit.

5a Valpo... Same story. They bring alot back, plus the edition of the transfer qb from Jeff.

4a Hobart... Hobart brings back a lot from last years team. Couple D1 prospects, size, and speed. NO NEW TRANSFERS

2A Andrean... as is typical. Andrean lands the starting qb from Marian Catholic in Illinois. This along with the addition of another recruit in a 6'5" 315 OT from Mt Carmel should make them a formidable 2a team. They also bring back alot. Still early, may land more recruits..

Thoughts?
Are we really still having to be subjected to the Andrean recruiting argument/accusations? It is so overly more than stale and most of/worst of all...not true to boot. The short answer is this: Andrean does NOT recruit, they don't need to.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Beastmode wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Thoughts?
Hobart should make the run this year. Team has been together for a long time and is the best team Hobart has had in about 15 years.

Valpo just lost their star recruit from Lafayette Jeff to an ACL injury so they will be good but not sure if they are making it to the Lucas Oil

Merrillvillle/Morton: Looked good against Andrean and the kids they recruited from Morton are looking tough.

Andrean plays in 2A so no real competition in the area and only a few teams in state so I expect them to walk to the final four like last year. Walsh, Felsher and number 1 recruit in the state of Indiana for 2023 Drayk Bowen (not sure how to spell it)

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Andrean should make it through their sectional, but Pioneer would be waiting in that Regional. They could be tough.

pvsharks

Post by pvsharks »

Well here we are with the sectional draw out. Wondering about posters thoughts on tournament.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

pvsharks wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:51 pm
Well here we are with the sectional draw out. Wondering about posters thoughts on tournament.
I think the original thoughts here are going to be pretty accurate.

Valpo has be to a little nervous though without getting as many games in this year but I still think they make the regional at least.

Hobart will make the run, Merrillville vs Jeff in the sectional will be interesting, and I think Andrean makes the regional at least and gets in a dogfight with Pioneer.

Is Hanover Central going to win that sectional ?!?!

Clistonb

Post by Clistonb »

VikingNation wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:34 pm
pvsharks wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:51 pm
I think the original thoughts here are going to be pretty accurate.

Valpo has be to a little nervous though without getting as many games in this year but I still think they make the regional at least.

Hobart will make the run, Merrillville vs Jeff in the sectional will be interesting, and I think Andrean makes the regional at least and gets in a dogfight with Pioneer.

Is Hanover Central going to win that sectional ?!?!
I doubt Hanover gets out of the first round. They're at Twin Lakes again, and Twin Lakes annihilated them last year, 63-35. By the way, last year's Twin Lakes team came into sectionals 3-6. They're 4-2 this year. I'd give Hanover better odds if they hadn't gotten beaten like a rented mule at Griffith.

I'm not as high on Hobart as a lot of folks. The way they got beat down at home by Andrean has to be concerning. I figure they get out of sectionals, but I think they're going to stumble in the regional.

I would not be in any way surprised if Merrillville beat Lafayette Jeff again, but semistate is as far as they're going to get, and I'm not even sure they get that far. I like Westfield to be Center Grove's sacrificial lamb in the 6A finals.

Valpo is likely going to be hurt by not having played very many games. They probably have a glide path to semistate, and may even get back downstate if they max out, but Cathedral will blow them off the field.

If Andrean gets past Pioneer, the Niners will probably win the state championship. But Pioneer will not be an easy out.