Region contenders

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
BrickieFan

Re: Region contenders

Post by BrickieFan »

Beastmode wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:52 pm
Broadway Joe... haha, funny. Its always interesting each year to see what new public school will loose their players to devout Catholicism. For a religion built on standing by your brothers.. seems weird that this year they had a 4 year program player not even get a shot because this new QB1s dad just happened to land a job in NWI when Illinois cancelled the season. Coincidence? I think not. Unless he is a priest or bishop, its fishy and always will be. 5 out of the 6 favorites for state this year are private "religious" schools in 1a Indy Lutheran, 2a Andrean, 3a Bishop Chatard, 4a Indy Roncalli, 5a Cathedral. I mean comon next thing you know we will be playing the state games on Noah's Ark.
Okay, Ive been on and off these forums for years. I had to comment that the Andrean’s QB move from Illinois was 100 percent legitimate. His dad got a promotion out here and it made sense to move closer. I know this for a fact. Quit with the speculation.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

CB4 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 am
Tradition never graduates is the biggest load of crap I ever heard. It never graduates because it moves in every year. When's the last time they fielded a freshman team for football. Don't tell me they're building a solid program from ground up. Didn't a LC kid move in for his senior year to play QB last year? Highly competitive athletic teams? Their wrestling problem is terrible along with alot of their other teams. Quality education? Why because they only let in the kids they want to let in. Public schools have to take everyone, so of course the private schools test scores are going to be better.
If there was a better private school (not even a catholic school ) to go to in the region we wouldn't even be talking about Andrean. It really comes down to the travel ball mentality, I'm better then you, I'm going somewhere else to play. They don't care about the kids they grew up with or their community they live in. They want to win and beat up on small rural schools to win state championships. It's sad, Lafayette Central Catholic, Fort Wayne Luers and andrean have no business playing 1a and 2a schools. Cathedral should never go back to 4a also.
Illinois does it right! They put a multiplier on their enrollments and bump the private schools up to a class that more suitable for their special advantage. Would the privates still win absolutely but when Cathedral and LCC bumped up their run of consecutive titles stopped.
My advice for younger kids, stay home and work harder to win a state championship for the community that your from. It will mean so much more winning it with the boys you grew up with not the kids that just moved in.
But what if you live in a district where the head coach is terrible and does not prioritize winning it building a program. Examples here would be Munster and LC. So why stay in the district to go 3-6 and lose in the first round when you could go to Mt. Carmel and compete for State titles and get recruited

Coach Nowlin

Post by Coach Nowlin »

And I too am not thinking Andrean did anything outside the fact that they are Andrean. Andrean sells itself because of the long history of academic success and athletic as well. I do not fault this particular family for looking at their options when they moved into NWI and wanting to continue their catholic based education for their child. Nor would I for anyone. I mean, QB did attend a catholic school in Illinois, so when family moved it would make sense that the 2 options are Andrean or Noll, I think at this time, we know where that is going to land. Nothing shady about it.

I am very pleased that I coach on a staff that when we played Andrean in 2011, 2019, LCC each year, Mater Dei in state, not one time does anyone on our team, coach/player even say the "r" word. Its lets go and compete against Andrean, LCC, et al. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you are paying attention, the transfer rates in and out of Public to Public is more prevelant than the other way around. School choice is real.

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack »

CB4 wrote:
Tradition never graduates is the biggest load of crap I ever heard. It never graduates because it moves in every year. When's the last time they fielded a freshman team for football. Don't tell me they're building a solid program from ground up. Didn't a LC kid move in for his senior year to play QB last year? Highly competitive athletic teams? Their wrestling problem is terrible along with alot of their other teams. Quality education? Why because they only let in the kids they want to let in. Public schools have to take everyone, so of course the private schools test scores are going to be better.
If there was a better private school (not even a catholic school ) to go to in the region we wouldn't even be talking about Andrean. It really comes down to the travel ball mentality, I'm better then you, I'm going somewhere else to play. They don't care about the kids they grew up with or their community they live in. They want to win and beat up on small rural schools to win state championships. It's sad, Lafayette Central Catholic, Fort Wayne Luers and andrean have no business playing 1a and 2a schools. Cathedral should never go back to 4a also.
Illinois does it right! They put a multiplier on their enrollments and bump the private schools up to a class that more suitable for their special advantage. Would the privates still win absolutely but when Cathedral and LCC bumped up their run of consecutive titles stopped.
My advice for younger kids, stay home and work harder to win a state championship for the community that your from. It will mean so much more winning it with the boys you grew up with not the kids that just moved in.
CB4, I agree with you, the multiplier should work so Catholic / private schools play in a class that matches their level of talent.

But I think that you are not accounting for the fact that kids go to Catholic schools because they went to Catholic grade school and it feeds right into it. Their friends from catholic school are going their. If you go to Catholic grade school, Then decide to go to Catholic high School, how is that betraying your community? I'm not trying to hide behind religion or anything, because it's not like every kid is some devout Catholic, but when you are a kid It makes sense ideologically, and the grade schools encourage it. Also, Kids go to Catholic schools because their parents and uncles and brothers played football there or played a sport there, and they want to continue their tradition. There's just as much of a community around attending a Catholic school and playing football as there is at Hobart or Lowell or wherever. It's a community of people.

You are making Andrean out to be like IMG or something. They have gotten a transfer quarterback two years in a row. That doesn't look so good on paper to the outside world. But they are not flying kids in and stacking their team with a whole new starting lineup of transfers each year like you make it seem.

To say that Andrean does not build a program? Andrean does not have a freshman team anymore because their numbers are low. All their freshman play JV. 90% of kids that go to Andrean work their way up from freshman year for an opportunity to start as a senior. The others start varsity as freshman / soph. Do you know how many kids go to Andrean that have never played football before? They earn it through hard work and dedication. You think they turn down kids on an athletic basis? They rely on tuition and numbers are down. They have to take everyone.

Andrean builds a solid program from the ground up. CB4 take that thesis straight back to LoCash and tell MC Gusto I said what's up.

CB4

Post by CB4 »

cactusjack wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:34 pm
CB4 wrote:
CB4, I agree with you, the multiplier should work so Catholic / private schools play in a class that matches their level of talent.

But I think that you are not accounting for the fact that kids go to Catholic schools because they went to Catholic grade school and it feeds right into it. Their friends from catholic school are going their. If you go to Catholic grade school, Then decide to go to Catholic high School, how is that betraying your community? I'm not trying to hide behind religion or anything, because it's not like every kid is some devout Catholic, but when you are a kid It makes sense ideologically, and the grade schools encourage it. Also, Kids go to Catholic schools because their parents and uncles and brothers played football there or played a sport there, and they want to continue their tradition. There's just as much of a community around attending a Catholic school and playing football as there is at Hobart or Lowell or wherever. It's a community of people.

You are making Andrean out to be like IMG or something. They have gotten a transfer quarterback two years in a row. That doesn't look so good on paper to the outside world. But they are not flying kids in and stacking their team with a whole new starting lineup of transfers each year like you make it seem.

To say that Andrean does not build a program? Andrean does not have a freshman team anymore because their numbers are low. All their freshman play JV. 90% of kids that go to Andrean work their way up from freshman year for an opportunity to start as a senior. The others start varsity as freshman / soph. Do you know how many kids go to Andrean that have never played football before? They earn it through hard work and dedication. You think they turn down kids on an athletic basis? They rely on tuition and numbers are down. They have to take everyone.

Andrean builds a solid program from the ground up. CB4 take that thesis straight back to LoCash and tell MC Gusto I said what's up.
Don't forget Zach Merrill. He was enrolled at Hobart twice (freshman, senior year). Yes he wanted and tried to go back and andrean said they would deny him the transfer so he would've missed his senior year. So he stayed.
Like I said about the travel ball mentality, we're better we're going somewhere else. With how parents think now they're doing alot of the leg work for the private schools. Also if there was a better private school around here they wouldn't go to andrean because the school is a piece of crap. Why do you think kids head to Illinois. To say they ship kids in from all over the country isn't a valid point. It was never said and everyone knows that isn't true.
andrean lucks out because teams like LC, Crown Point and others aren't what they should be. Are there Catholic kids on the team? Absolutely! To say andrean luck's out that those Catholic school raised kids become or developed :roll: into superstars every year is delusional.
Coach great job on telling your kid to go out and battle, what else were you going to tell them to do? :shock:

RollTribe

Post by RollTribe »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 pm
CB4 wrote:
But what if you live in a district where the head coach is terrible and does not prioritize winning it building a program. Examples here would be Munster and LC. So why stay in the district to go 3-6 and lose in the first round when you could go to Mt. Carmel and compete for State titles and get recruited
Enlighten us please as to what support you have for the claim that Munster and LC's head football coaches do not prioritize winning? And record alone obviously is not an indication of how much someone is prioritizing winning at the high school level, any reasonable person would agree to that.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

RollTribe wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:55 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:
CB4 wrote:
Enlighten us please as to what support you have for the claim that Munster and LC's head football coaches do not prioritize winning? And record alone obviously is not an indication of how much someone is prioritizing winning at the high school level, any reasonable person would agree to that.
They don’t recruit kids to stay in the district. How many kids from Munster and LC that attend Andrean, Mt. Carmel or Bishop Noll. They do not put in the necessary effort to make sure kids like Drayk Bowen go to LC instead of Andrean.

Hobart recruited the 2021 class very hard and only lost Nick Felsher so when you care about the program and kids in your district that is prioritizing wining

Broadway Joe

Post by Broadway Joe »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:22 pm
RollTribe wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:55 pm
Brickman2020 wrote:

They don’t recruit kids to stay in the district. How many kids from Munster and LC that attend Andrean, Mt. Carmel or Bishop Noll. They do not put in the necessary effort to make sure kids like Drayk Bowen go to LC instead of Andrean.

Hobart recruited the 2021 class very hard and only lost Nick Felsher so when you care about the program and kids in your district that is prioritizing wining
Hickey, Schuster and Bowen playing LB at LC 😳

Vode and Flescher catching passes and keeping other teams from completing them for the Brickies 😳😳

cactusjack

Post by cactusjack »

CB4, you're just hating. Denying that Andrean has tradition or a solid program from something outside of kids transferring to play there. Kids go there for lots of reasons. Kids go there for genuine academic reasons, or because of family / friends. They're not a bunch of defectors that abandon their best friends to feel superior. Their best friends go there. Their family went there. Or they see something genuine in the place that they like. There's history. It's a special place. It's ok if you want to overlook all of that and focus on your negative hypothesis. We still love you. :)

CB4

Post by CB4 »

cactusjack wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:18 am
CB4, you're just hating. Denying that Andrean has tradition or a solid program from something outside of kids transferring to play there. Kids go there for lots of reasons. Kids go there for genuine academic reasons, or because of family / friends. They're not a bunch of defectors that abandon their best friends to feel superior. Their best friends go there. Their family went there. Or they see something genuine in the place that they like. There's history. It's a special place. It's ok if you want to overlook all of that and focus on your negative hypothesis. We still love you. :)
Truth hurts! If andrean was such a academic powerhouse or special place to go why is their freshman enrollment been dismal at best for multiple years in a row. But yet their football, basketball and baseball programs are having no problems excelling. What a joke! Fluff it up how ever you want to make yourself better about it.