Region contenders

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Coach Nowlin

Re: Region contenders

Post by Coach Nowlin »

I personally think Eastbrook beats Pioneer at Regional, but that is me. Pioneer very talented, but so is Eastbrook.

Twin Lakes is a completely different team this year: New Head Coach, who is shotgun scheme guy, unlike HOF Mannering, who was a ground/pound wing T / Waggle coach. Two air raid offense going against each other. Be interesting to see who Twin Lakes gets matched up with in the Crossover: as of typing of this message, only matchup I know of is: Northwestern vs Benton Central. and West Lafayette won the West. I think we should of finsiehd 2nd, and TL/LCC, who knows how they will tie break them. Perhaps points given up to WL as that was everyone's common opponent. We gave up 27, LCC 47, TL 49, so maybe finished WL 1st, RCHS 2nd, LCC 3rd, TL 4th. East side: Who knows..... Hopefully something finalized by the morning. Sorry, got off on a tangent. So, back to HC, TL, I think it will help TL if they get matched up vs Tipton (spread team) or Hamilton Heights, (spread team) it will be a huge benefit for HC if TL gets matched up with Twin Lakes, as Western is very big and physical.

Always fun come tournament time: Glad to see our friends from Whiting playing tonight!!

Cheers Region

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Coach Nowlin wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:57 am
I personally think Eastbrook beats Pioneer at Regional, but that is me. Pioneer very talented, but so is Eastbrook.

Twin Lakes is a completely different team this year: New Head Coach, who is shotgun scheme guy, unlike HOF Mannering, who was a ground/pound wing T / Waggle coach. Two air raid offense going against each other. Be interesting to see who Twin Lakes gets matched up with in the Crossover: as of typing of this message, only matchup I know of is: Northwestern vs Benton Central. and West Lafayette won the West. I think we should of finsiehd 2nd, and TL/LCC, who knows how they will tie break them. Perhaps points given up to WL as that was everyone's common opponent. We gave up 27, LCC 47, TL 49, so maybe finished WL 1st, RCHS 2nd, LCC 3rd, TL 4th. East side: Who knows..... Hopefully something finalized by the morning. Sorry, got off on a tangent. So, back to HC, TL, I think it will help TL if they get matched up vs Tipton (spread team) or Hamilton Heights, (spread team) it will be a huge benefit for HC if TL gets matched up with Twin Lakes, as Western is very big and physical.

Always fun come tournament time: Glad to see our friends from Whiting playing tonight!!

Cheers Region
Sectional 33 and 34 are not playing each other at Regionals then? I think Andrean would love nothing better than having those two teams play. But I figured they had to go through both Pioneer and Eastbrook to get to state, which as you mentioned would be a huge task.

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Not to mention Rensselaer. No slouches either.

Coach Nowlin

Post by Coach Nowlin »

Oh Jeeze, that's right, Pioneer is in 34, not 35 or 36. Big brain fart there. Pioneer should win Sectional 34.

Tipton vs Eastbrook in round 2 is fun matchup: Darkhorse in 2a North, don't sleep on Eastside, played Concord to OT game as a last minute replacement game. Luers is always luers.

Andrean on paper, highlight clips, looks even more stacked than last year when we played them.

I think Wheeler NN is 1st round matchup of the week in Sectional 33. Fun game, evenly matched teams it seems on paper. Only common opponent was KV.

Ratball

Post by Ratball »

Seen them play a couple of times. A healthy #3, QB upgrade, emergence of #1 at WR, balanced attack, and then #34 on defense - Andrean is stacked at the 2A level. They just gotta not beat themselves with penalties and turnovers and they could make a deep run.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

Ratball wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:29 am
Not to mention Rensselaer. No slouches either.
Last year Rensselaer’s team was very good and struggled mightily against Andrean losing by double digits.

This year Rensselaer lost to KV by multiple touchdowns and Andrean beat KV 35-7 and played one their worst games of the season. I know the transitive property doesn’t apply to sports but you have to think that Andrean will dominate the boomers once again this year IF they even play in the play offs. Wheeler is flying under the radar and I expect them to beat Rensselaer and play andrean for a sectional title

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

I will stand by...Valpo gets beat by Dwenger in semi. Hobart makes a run downstate after a dogfight win in semistate. Everyone keeps bringing up a "beatdown" against Andrean.
Andrean wasn't a beatdown, it was a bad game for Hobart playing without star linebacker Babcock. Hobart is the only team other than Merrillville that has put up any real stats on the devout Catholics. In fact, they outgained the 59ers 356 to 212. They have everything they need to make a run, Leo will most likely be in the semistate. Merrillville makes it into a dogfight in semistate. Andrean will win state uncontested. This is not a 2a squad. This team could make a run at all levels except 6a. I wouldn't be as high on them if not for their ever rotating door of stud qbs from finn passing academy.

warrior

Post by warrior »

Beastmode wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:06 pm
I will stand by...Valpo gets beat by Dwenger in semi. Hobart makes a run downstate after a dogfight win in semistate. Everyone keeps bringing up a "beatdown" against Andrean.
Andrean wasn't a beatdown, it was a bad game for Hobart playing without star linebacker Babcock. Hobart is the only team other than Merrillville that has put up any real stats on the devout Catholics. In fact, they outgained the 59ers 356 to 212. They have everything they need to make a run, Leo will most likely be in the semistate. Merrillville makes it into a dogfight in semistate. Andrean will win state uncontested. This is not a 2a squad. This team could make a run at all levels except 6a. I wouldn't be as high on them if not for their ever rotating door of stud qbs from finn passing academy.
If the Brickies don't make it to state what a HUGE disappointment. All the Hobart faithful have done for the last two years is rave about how this group of seniors is going to restore the glory of yesteryear. They have an easy road to semi-state as well. Lets' be real, if they don't do it this year it's going to be a while until they get a chance this good again. Would I call it a choke if they don't make it to State? Yes, especially if they get the semi-state game at the Brickyard.

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

warrior wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:06 pm
Beastmode wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:06 pm
If the Brickies don't make it to state what a HUGE disappointment. All the Hobart faithful have done for the last two years is rave about how this group of seniors is going to restore the glory of yesteryear. They have an easy road to semi-state as well. Lets' be real, if they don't do it this year it's going to be a while until they get a chance this good again. Would I call it a choke if they don't make it to State? Yes, especially if they get the semi-state game at the Brickyard.
I agree with you 100%. This is the year for my Brickies to make a run. Our sectional is a joke so its pretty much 2 games they have to win to make state. Yes they did get embarrassed by Andrean, can't really take yards into account when the scoreboard is the only thing that matters. The coaching staff needs to be better and make the necessary second half adjustments or else they will disappoint myself and a whole community. Hobart football is improving for sure but this is the best chance they will have at state for the next 5-7 years

warrior

Post by warrior »

Brickman2020 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:04 pm
I agree with you 100%. This is the year for my Brickies to make a run. Our sectional is a joke so its pretty much 2 games they have to win to make state. Yes they did get embarrassed by Andrean, can't really take yards into account when the scoreboard is the only thing that matters. The coaching staff needs to be better and make the necessary second half adjustments or else they will disappoint myself and a whole community. Hobart football is improving for sure but this is the best chance they will have at state for the next 5-7 years
I wouldn't call the sectional final against Lowell a joke, but Hobart will be the clear favorite. I've seen a lot of strange things happen at the Inferno. I can see that game being tougher than the Regional game just based on the rivalry, Lowell being at home, and the familiarity of the coaching staffs (very few secrets about what the other team plans to do when these two get together). Lots of mutual respect exhibited by both programs over the years. If it happens, it will be a good old fashioned slobberknocker.