Region contenders

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
CB4

Re: Region contenders

Post by CB4 »

cactusjack wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:23 pm
It doesn't hurt. I appreciate your thorough and persistent arguments. Andrean does get some good players. "Poaching" is a harsh word when families make a decision to send their kids there. Just like they can choose where to live. Let's start shaming people for living in Valpo too while we are at it! They've had football success. Man, all those traitors that moved from CP to Valpo and raised their kids there instead. Stole 3 sectional titles from the Dogs..
I thought you would've come up with something better than that. That's not even worth a response!

Coach Nowlin

Post by Coach Nowlin »

Just saying: Not a lot of Freshman teams across the state of Indiana, just saying.

West lafayette has not fielded a Freshman team in about 4 or 5 years, neither has LCC, BC, Twin Lakes, Northwestern, Tipton, Cass, just to name a few.

We have been able to field a C team last year most weeks, this year was, well, you can imagine the issues with trying to field 3 teams this year.

KV still fields a freshman team.

A mark of a "program" should not be based if they have a freshman team or not.

Again, I will ask the question: How many public schools recieve transfers in compared to Noll or Andrean?

Where is the outrage about Merrillville? (Not saying there should be at all) But if Jo Jo Johnson went from Morton to Andrean vs Morton to M'ville the meltodwn would be immense with some of you folks, but not nearly a peep about it. What is the difference?

Our school is an open school. Anyone can come to Rensselaer if they are willing to pay the tution.

When School Choice and Voucher money became laws, the whole boring recruiting argument was thrown out the window. School borders are no longerif family chooses for it not to be. Again, school choice is real and to each their own.

Not a lot of folks said boo last year about the Boone Grove and some of their players coming up through Winfield schools before going to BG HS instead of Crown Point. I do not blame them 1 bit. 25 minutes to go all the way over to CPHS, or 12-15 mintues to BG HS. Don't blame them one bit.

Go Bombers!!

Beastmode

Post by Beastmode »

Coach Nowlin wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:40 pm
Just saying: Not a lot of Freshman teams across the state of Indiana, just saying.

West lafayette has not fielded a Freshman team in about 4 or 5 years, neither has LCC, BC, Twin Lakes, Northwestern, Tipton, Cass, just to name a few.

We have been able to field a C team last year most weeks, this year was, well, you can imagine the issues with trying to field 3 teams this year.

Again, I will ask the question: How many public schools recieve transfers in compared to Noll or Andrean?

Where is the outrage about Merrillville? (Not saying there should be at all) But if Jo Jo Johnson went from Morton to Andrean vs Morton to M'ville the meltodwn would be immense with some of you folks, but not nearly a peep about it. What is the difference?

Our school is an open school. Anyone can come to Rensselaer if they are willing to pay the tution.

When School Choice and Voucher money became laws, the whole boring recruiting argument was thrown out the window. School borders are no longerif family chooses for it not to be. Again, school choice is real and to each their own.

Not a lot of folks said boo last year about the Boone Grove and some of their players coming up through Winfield schools before going to BG HS instead of Crown Point. I do not blame them 1 bit. 25 minutes to go all the way over to CPHS, or 12-15 mintues to BG HS. Don't blame them one bit.

Go Bombers!!
Do the Bombers drive mini busses around the region to pick up kids? Do the Bombers go to AAU and camps to scan talent? Do the Bombers have a admissions counselor? Open enrollment is way different than being a private school..

Coach Nowlin

Post by Coach Nowlin »

We do not have enough Gas money to make it that far North of the River .....

But I have drove down I-65 almost 6 days a week for 17 years and have driven by a billboard promoting the Newton county Schools.

AD#8

Post by AD#8 »

Do the Bombers drive mini busses around the region to pick up kids? Do the Bombers go to AAU and camps to scan talent? Do the Bombers have a admissions counselor? Open enrollment is way different than being a private school..
[/quote]

What you described here is how every private school keeps their doors open. I'm a purest and think winning with the guys you grew up with means more, but private schools play by different rules because they don't get state funds beyond the occasional voucher. I have to tell you, public schools have become the wild, wild, west as far as athletics go as well. As long as a student enrolls prior to their freshman year, there is little a school district can do to prevent the "transfer". There are quite a few winning programs benefiting from this loophole over several sports, so my point is that the recruiting isn't limited to only the private schools or football for that matter.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

ok I am pretty late to the party here, and in my rush of reading I may have misunderstood, but did someone really compare getting a 60% on a test in school to having a 60% winning percentage while coaching??? :lol:

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

CB4 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:51 pm
cactusjack wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 pm
Mason, McCormack and St. Germain have all done objectively better than their predecessor / follower. They each turned their program from a sub .400 to a .600 winning program with multiple title game appearances. I would say that they all, and esp. Mason, have had plenty of studs and used their coaching skills to turn the programs around.

MICHIGAN CITY Win % W L Farthest Appearance
Coach: Phil Mason 63.83% 30 17 2x Semi, Sectional Final
Coach: Michael Karpinski 22.45% 11 38

HOBART W L
Coach: Ryan Turley 53.33% 40 35 Regional
Coach: Wally McCormack 60.22% 56 37 5x Sectional Final
Coach: Charlie Boston 36.36% 16 28 Sectional Final

LAKE CENTRAL W L
Coach: Tony Bartolomeo 27.50% 11 29
2015 (Bart 1-2 + Saint 3-4) 50.00% 5 5
Coach: Brett St. Germain 66.67% 36 18 Sectional Final, Regional
Coach: Bill Melby 33.96% 18 35 Sectional Final
If my kids came home with bunch of 60 percents on their report cards I would be disappointed!

McCormick 93% at andrean and a state runner-up. A 33% drop and not even close to state after.

St. Germain 81% at andrean state champs. A 14% drop and even close to state after.

Mason 77% at andrean state champs. 13% drop and close but no cigar for state after.

Without poaching other communities they can't or couldn't get it done. Sorry it hurts so bad for you guys to realize it. Come on even Jeff Karras took them to state
Wow, now we pick on Jeff K..... pretty low.

Nut

Goat Tacos all the rage at El Monte Slim's in Wheeler.
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Coach Nowlin wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Go Bombers!!
Boone Grove is the cellar dweller of the GSSC... who would say "boo" ?

Nut

Come on down to El Monte Slim's best Goat Taco in Da' Region
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393