DAC power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Hanovergrad2019

Re: DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by Hanovergrad2019 »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:31 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:25 pm
pvsharks wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:20 pm
It is week seven, Most teams are dealing with missing starters due injuries and other issues. Playing in the DAC, NCC takes a toll on bodies and teams. Staying the course and building back-ups is the name of the game .
I agree. Week 3 was early for a lot of injuries. But we lost none the less.

Now tomorrow this is gonna be an interesting game. Merrillville defense for the first Tami (baring any setback today) since week 1 will be fully healthy. And the offense has everyone except RG (if I’m not mistaken) now @scarb is correct our offense has looked horrible since week 3. Some can be due to injuries. Some can be due to the fact the team has a better QB on the bench and it’s not even close. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t choose who plays. But I 100% believe merrillville defense is head and shoulders above Valpos when both are healthy. Tomorrow will see the truth. Maybe I’m too blind to see it. But without Davis I think Valpo struggles to move ball and I’d even go as far to say as they will be under 150 yards for game. And potentially be 7 points or less on the board
Still waiting for you to list those 16 D1 players Merrillville produced in the past three years.
Or just go to there website at school where every player that went to any college is listed for Merrillville. By my count they had 14 over last 3 years.

1- mizzou, Notre dame, IU, bowling green, ball state, Toledo, NIU, Cincinnati, Colorado state, Syracuse, eastern Michigan, western Michigan, Boston college, army.

Now are they all still at those schools probably not.

You gotta get over your hatred for Cody He knows his stuff and 8/10 times he is correct without having to do research. That’s why half the time he ignores you.

#hanoverstatechamps

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:04 pm
scarab527 wrote:
DACfanatic wrote:

Now tomorrow this is gonna be an interesting game. Merrillville defense for the first Tami (baring any setback today) since week 1 will be fully healthy. And the offense has everyone except RG (if I’m not mistaken) now @scarb is correct our offense has looked horrible since week 3. Some can be due to injuries. Some can be due to the fact the team has a better QB on the bench and it’s not even close. But 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t choose who plays. But I 100% believe merrillville defense is head and shoulders above Valpos when both are healthy. Tomorrow will see the truth. Maybe I’m too blind to see it. But without Davis I think Valpo struggles to move ball and I’d even go as far to say as they will be under 150 yards for game. And potentially be 7 points or less on the board
Still waiting for you to list those 16 D1 players Merrillville produced in the past three years.
Or just go to there website at school where every player that went to any college is listed for Merrillville. By my count they had 14 over last 3 years.

1- mizzou, Notre dame, IU, bowling green, ball state, Toledo, NIU, Cincinnati, Colorado state, Syracuse, eastern Michigan, western Michigan, Boston college, army.

You gotta get over your hatred for Cody He knows his stuff and 8/10 times he is correct without having to do research. That’s why half the time he ignores you.

#hanoverstatechamps
Lmao every day you get a little more pathetic Parkhurst.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:17 pm
Hanovergrad2019 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:04 pm
scarab527 wrote:

#hanoverstatechamps
Lmao every day you get a little more pathetic Parkhurst.
The comedy is golden though. I've often wondered if he's just F'n with us and very good at making it funny. By my count that's his 5th screen name in the past year between here and gridiron digest.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

pvsharks wrote:
It is week seven, Most teams are dealing with missing starters due injuries and other issues. Playing in the DAC, NCC takes a toll on bodies and teams. Staying the course and building back-ups is the name of the game .
Very well said. I don't watch much Duneland football nowadays. Do most of the teams not play guys both ways? I'm assuming it's only a select few (Crown Point?) that can get away with not having to play anybody both ways. You're F'ed in the playoffs if you don't have much deptch and are playing a lot of guys both ways.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

the dog wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:34 am
Merrillville/Valpo and Lake Central/Chesterton seem to be the most interesting games this week. If Davis is out for Valpo, think Merrillville wins. The Merrillville defense is really good -- outside of the CP game, they've given up under a touchdown/game.

Have to see if LC has any hangover from their game against Michigan City last week. The Indians outplayed the Wolves for sixty minutes. Unfortunately it seems the refs felt they needed to outplay them for 60 minutes and 1 second.
I originally didn't think much of The Ville/Valpo as I figured Valpo would walk away by 10+ before hearing Davis is out. Now, it's an interesting test. We really don't know what Valpo looks like this year without Davis. Maybe it sets them back. As for The Ville, what hope do they have if they can't beat a Davisless Valpo team?

Is Williams still out? I have a feeling this is they type of game Chesterton wins every year. On paper LC seems better but Chesterton has a knack for turning into an ankle biter in games like this.

RAZORBACK

Post by RAZORBACK »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:49 am
[quote="the dog" post_id=2571 time=<a href="tel:1695864884">1695864884</a> user_id=220]
Merrillville/Valpo and Lake Central/Chesterton seem to be the most interesting games this week. If Davis is out for Valpo, think Merrillville wins. The Merrillville defense is really good -- outside of the CP game, they've given up under a touchdown/game.

Have to see if LC has any hangover from their game against Michigan City last week. The Indians outplayed the Wolves for sixty minutes. Unfortunately it seems the refs felt they needed to outplay them for 60 minutes and 1 second.
I originally didn't think much of The Ville/Valpo as I figured Valpo would walk away by 10+ before hearing Davis is out. Now, it's an interesting test. We really don't know what Valpo looks like this year without Davis. Maybe it sets them back. As for The Ville, what hope do they have if they can't beat a Davisless Valpo team?

Is Williams still out? I have a feeling this is they type of game Chesterton wins every year. On paper LC seems better but Chesterton has a knack for turning into an ankle biter in games like this.
[/quote]

Williams played last week against Michigan City. I believe he is still healthy and ready to play.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

RAZORBACK wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:32 am
Boilernation wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:49 am
[quote="the dog" post_id=2571 time=<a href="tel:1695864884">1695864884</a> user_id=220]

Williams played last week against Michigan City. I believe he is still healthy and ready to play.
[/quote]

Thanks! Now I'm going to go back and watch that one. He's a good one. Man, no offense to LC, but I just feel like Chesterton is really going to pull an upset here.I'll be impresse with LC this year if they can win this one.

the dog

Post by the dog »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:30 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:51 am
the dog wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:34 am
Another way of putting this is “The only time Merrillville has played a halfway competent offense, they got torched for 39 points.”

An offense the Vikings’ defense just held to 19 points.

In the defense of merrillville. That week 3 game. We did smash them. But when you look at who played and who didn’t that game. That’s playing now. Parkhurst didn’t lie.

Before game. They were missing starting

Safety, 1 DB, 1DE, 1 WR, 3 OL

And during game… before end of 1st.. which was 6-0 btw..

They had a DB break his hand.

1DT left with a concussion (was taken to hospital during game)

QB was limping before game started.
Rb was also ginger.

Not saying that this makes a difference but this is the god honest truth. I hate admitting parkhurst is right but when they have them all
Out there on defense that defense looks unbeatable. Heck didn’t they just hold Laporte under 50 yards? And Valpo gave up almost 180… even though Valpo won by 10 more points? Or am I mistaken on this stat?
Don’t know if you are calling me parkhurst…..but I have no idea who that is. I couldn’t have told you who on defense was out that game, just knew that their QB and halfback were banged up. My point was simply that outside of one game, the Merrillville defense has been very, very good. Valpo defense is very good as well. But Valpo will be the team playing without their key offensive player.

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

DACfanatic wrote:
pvsharks wrote:

Valpo’d D was the one banged up, missing a couple of starters and losing another during the game and they still won this week. I think this case is rested.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

From the Stands wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:26 pm
DACfanatic wrote:
pvsharks wrote:

Valpo’d D was the one banged up, missing a couple of starters and losing another during the game and they still won this week. I think this case is rested.
Hmm interesting thing is you must not of noticed the 4 merrillville players that left the game in 1st half that didn’t return. And that’s when the run game opened up for Valpo. This game will be a great rematch at regionals. If Valpo gets there. There offense is basically all Clark now. They gotta figure something out. Marshall said they were healthy starting game and as game went on they lost people just like merrillville.

For Merrillville
DE terelle Elmore (D1 commit) left game in 1st.. (back)
Db Jalen Ramsey left game in mid 2nd (think broken hand)
C Nelson left game in 2nd (not sure on injury) (he never came back out after half.

But it don’t matter. It was a great game on both sides. And the difference was a kick return TD. I look forward to the rematch