DAC power rankings and predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by DACfanatic »

DAC POWER Rankings AMD PREDICTIONS!

Power rankings

1. Crown point (vs Laporte)
2. Valpo (vs merrillville)
3. Merrillville (@ Valpo)
4. Lake central ( @ Chesterton)
5. Michigan city ( vs portage)
6. Chesterton ( vs lake central)
7. Portage (@ city)
8. Laporte ( @ crown point)

Predictions:

Crown point vs Laporte: after crown point all but locked up the Duneland title last week with another trashing of a top Duneland foe in Valpo there schedule is weak the rest of the way. Laporte on the other hand has had no momentum at all this season to build on. This game will he over before kickoff
Crown point will have there JV in at 2nd qtr

50-0 crown point

Lake central @ Chesterton: this game will all depend on if star running back (Iowa commit) x Williams plays for lake central. Chesterton is nothing to look over this year but neither team has been able to gain much momentum recently. lake central had there last game stolen by a controversial call so I’m gonna go with them over the Trojans

Lake central wins 28-14

Michigan city vs portage: Michigan city has been playing under there talent level all year. 1st year head coach Cody French got a way with a stolen win last week. Portage in the other hand is better than years past but still not a Duneland threat. I expect city defense to shut down portage and there offense to get rolling.

City 35-21

GAME OF THE WEEK:

merrillville @ Valpo: …… what do I say about this game except Valpo wants to prove they run 5A. While Merrillville has revenge on the mind after they blew the regional game last year. Merrillville defense has been elite outside of there week 3 game with crown point where they were injury filled on both sides of ball. Merrillville offense has been stagnant since week 3 but they may have gotten some momentum back after there passing game got going again last week. On the other side of this game the Valpo defense has been good all season but they have a few weaknesses that pirates can potentially exploit. And the Valpo offense has moved the ball in almost everyone they have gone against. In my opinion Valpo is getting ready to see there toughest defensive test in merrillvilles defense. And rumors have it Valpo could be down there RB for this game due to an injury that might take a week or 2 of rest to heal up. This game should be good!!

But I’m going with my heart in this matchup.

Pirates win a tight one setting up a potential regional title rematch again this year.

Pirates 17-14

VikingNation

Re: DAC power rankings and predictions

Post by VikingNation »

I think my Vikings sink the pirates Friday. Will bring the downhill physical brand of football that Merrillville has always struggled with.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

VikingNation wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:30 pm
I think my Vikings sink the pirates Friday. Will bring the downhill physical brand of football that Merrillville has always struggled with.

Struggled with? I think someone is a little off. Merrillville has dominated the area for years. Just because you beat them one time last year doesn’t mean they struggle?

And that Merrillville team is playing the same brand of football as you guys this year… plus Valpo is without Davis for the game. So it’s all on the backups shoulders. That had less than 50 yards against pirates last year. He is t physical enough

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

I’ve watched film on Merrillville and Valparaiso. I think the Vikings are the better team.

Valparaiso 31
Merrillville 20

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

DACfanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:22 pm
VikingNation wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:30 pm

Struggled with? I think someone is a little off. Merrillville has dominated the area for years. Just because you beat them one time last year doesn’t mean they struggle?

And that Merrillville team is playing the same brand of football as you guys this year… plus Valpo is without Davis for the game. So it’s all on the backups shoulders. That had less than 50 yards against pirates last year. He is t physical enough
From 2019 to now, they always get out toughed by a team. Going full Lou Holtz on the Ville.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Recency bias is funny. There was a time in the last decade where Andrean beat Merrillville 4 out of 5 years and we consistently pushed them around... just because the Pirates had a couple recent dominant seasons doesn't mean they've pushed everyone around for years lol. And even in 2020 and 2021 when they played real teams they got manhandled and punched in the mouth.

Merrillville's dominant run ended last year and this year you can really tell they aren't what they were just a couple seasons ago. Beating up on a really bad LaPorte team last week means nothing. If they really want respect back they need to win this week or at least keep it respectable. I've seen both teams in person this year and I gotta say Valpo, even without Davis, is a lot more impressive to me. I'm pretty skeptical the Ville will be able to get much going against a very good Vikings defense. And while the Pirates boast that their defensive line is their strongpoint, they got ran over by Crown Point, and I have a feeling something similar could happen here.

I'll take Valpo 21-7.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:06 pm
Recency bias is funny. There was a time in the last decade where Andrean beat Merrillville 4 out of 5 years and we consistently pushed them around... just because the Pirates had a couple recent dominant seasons doesn't mean they've pushed everyone around for years lol. And even in 2020 and 2021 when they played real teams they got manhandled and punched in the mouth.

Merrillville's dominant run ended last year and this year you can really tell they aren't what they were just a couple seasons ago. Beating up on a really bad LaPorte team last week means nothing. If they really want respect back they need to win this week or at least keep it respectable. I've seen both teams in person this year and I gotta say Valpo, even without Davis, is a lot more impressive to me. I'm pretty skeptical the Ville will be able to get much going against a very good Vikings defense. And while the Pirates boast that their defensive line is their strongpoint, they got ran over by Crown Point, and I have a feeling something similar could happen here.

I'll take Valpo 21-7.
Essentially, Merrillviille stocked up on transfers and dominated the Region. As much as Parkhurst talked up their 20 D1 recruits per year they still never beat a Central Indiana team. Now that the talent level has dropped they've fallen a few spots in the Region pecking order.

What's wrong with Davis?

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:59 pm
scarab527 wrote:

I'll take Valpo 21-7.
Essentially, Merrillviille stocked up on transfers and dominated the Region. As much as Parkhurst talked up their 20 D1 recruits per year they still never beat a Central Indiana team. Now that the talent level has dropped they've fallen a few spots in the Region pecking order.

What's wrong with Davis?
Went down with what appeared to be a left knee injury midway through the 3rd against CP. Not sure what the prognosis is but he didn't return to that game.

It's ok, I'm sure Parkhurst will say that all their good players were out against Chatard and Westfield those years. If Merrillville had really ever produced 20 D1 players in a year, it would be even more pathetic that they haven't won state in nearly 50 years.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:15 pm
Boilernation wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

I'll take Valpo 21-7.

What's wrong with Davis?
Went down with what appeared to be a left knee injury midway through the 3rd against CP. Not sure what the prognosis is but he didn't return to that game.

It's ok, I'm sure Parkhurst will say that all their good players were out against Chatard and Westfield those years. If Merrillville had really ever produced 20 D1 players in a year, it would be even more pathetic that they haven't won state in nearly 50 years.
Merrillville in that 3 year period sent 16 to D1 😂

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:29 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:15 pm
Boilernation wrote:

What's wrong with Davis?

Merrillville in that 3 year period sent 16 to D1 😂
Lmao list them then.