State Predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: State Predictions

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:43 pm
CP will be lucky to get out of the Regional imo.

Valpo is the obvious choice but if Davis is out for the playoffs that’s a huge loss. And a potential rematch with Snider won’t be easy.

If Hanover can get past West Lafayette they’ll coast to semi state but will get rolled by Chatard once they get there.

Andrean is the only other team with potential for a long playoff run. Not because they’re good, but because 2A North is really bad this year.

Realistically I think 1 Region team maximum is making it to LOS.
I agree. Both Fort Wayne Carroll and Penn will be better than anyone Crown Point has seen this year. And FW Caroll was testing themselves with Hamilton Southeastern and Warren Central in OOC while Crown Point was playing JV teams like Lowell and Chicago Taft. I don't think Crown Point makes it out of Regionals as well. I have a no idea what's going on with the D1 RB at Lafayette Jeff, but I'm assuming he's not playing another down of HS football after what he was charged with. Crown Point should at least roll through Sectional 1.

Agree as well on Valpo. I don't think they can take Snider without Davis, but I also don't see them losing before Semi-State if he's out.

Depending on how Hobart plays against Hanovier I could give them a shot of making it out of Regionals if they can get by New Prairie. But, I couldn't see them getting out of Semi-State though.

Agree on Hanover but I have a feeling West Lafayette will roll them again.

I was actually thinking the same thing about Andrean a few days ago. They have a legit chance of running through the 2A North. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see another Andrean vs. Bishop Luers Semi-State.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Sadly no region teams make it this year.

Hope I am wrong.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:52 am
scarab527 wrote:

Valpo is the obvious choice but if Davis is out for the playoffs that’s a huge loss. And a potential rematch with Snider won’t be easy.

If Hanover can get past West Lafayette they’ll coast to semi state but will get rolled by Chatard once they get there.

Andrean is the only other team with potential for a long playoff run. Not because they’re good, but because 2A North is really bad this year.

I agree. Both Fort Wayne Carroll and Penn will be better than anyone Crown Point has seen this year. And FW Caroll was testing themselves with Hamilton Southeastern and Warren Central in OOC while Crown Point was playing JV teams like Lowell and Chicago Taft. I don't think Crown Point makes it out of Regionals as well. I have a no idea what's going on with the D1 RB at Lafayette Jeff, but I'm assuming he's not playing another down of HS football after what he was charged with. Crown Point should at least roll through Sectional 1.

Agree as well on Valpo. I don't think they can take Snider without Davis, but I also don't see them losing before Semi-State if he's out.

Depending on how Hobart plays against Hanovier I could give them a shot of making it out of Regionals if they can get by New Prairie. But, I couldn't see them getting out of Semi-State though.

I was actually thinking the same thing about Andrean a few days ago. They have a legit chance of running through the 2A North. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see another Andrean vs. Bishop Luers Semi-State.
Didn’t hear about the Jeff RB. Just looked it up. Woah. Talk about ruining your career before it even gets going.

Totally agree on CP. I said it before on another thread, but it looks like CP is really going to get to Regionals having played one legitimate football team all year. Not good. Even if they squeak by Carroll/Penn they’re going to get destroyed by whoever comes out of North Indy.

Clark and Burda will need to step up immensely in Davis’ absence for them to have a shot. Their defense is so good I think they still have a chance, but we’ll see.

New Prairie is a little down this year, I’m not counting Hobart out against them currently. But potential Regional/Semi-State matchups don’t project well in their favor.

Same thing for West Lafayette, definitely not what they have been the past few years. If there’s a year for Hanover to beat them, it’s this one. But Chatard looming dashes any legitimate hopes of a state run.

As for the Niners, I truthfully hope they don’t get to State, because I don’t think they’d be able to beat whoever came out of the South, and they’d get bumped to 3A in the cycle after this year. With the young talent they have, they could make runs in 2A the next couple years if they’re still there.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:04 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:52 am
scarab527 wrote:

Didn’t hear about the Jeff RB. Just looked it up. Woah. Talk about ruining your career before it even gets going.

Totally agree on CP. I said it before on another thread, but it looks like CP is really going to get to Regionals having played one legitimate football team all year. Not good. Even if they squeak by Carroll/Penn they’re going to get destroyed by whoever comes out of North Indy.

Clark and Burda will need to step up immensely in Davis’ absence for them to have a shot. Their defense is so good I think they still have a chance, but we’ll see.

New Prairie is a little down this year, I’m not counting Hobart out against them currently. But potential Regional/Semi-State matchups don’t project well in their favor.

Same thing for West Lafayette, definitely not what they have been the past few years. If there’s a year for Hanover to beat them, it’s this one. But Chatard looming dashes any legitimate hopes of a state run.

As for the Niners, I truthfully hope they don’t get to State, because I don’t think they’d be able to beat whoever came out of the South, and they’d get bumped to 3A in the cycle after this year. With the young talent they have, they could make runs in 2A the next couple years if they’re still there.
Yeah, that Jeff RB screwed himself. Completely idiotic to do something that dumb, even moreso when you have a free college tuition on the line. But, he's not the victim here.

I'm agreeing on West Lafayette now. They took a beating last night. I'm on board with thinking HC has a chance. Agree about Chatard. My wife is a Hamilton Heights grad and they're playing good ball this year. But with Chatard and Guerin in their Sectional...no shot!

Very good point regarding Andrean. Do they get bumped with a Semi-State appearance. Honestly, I don't pay a single bit of attention to the success factor points.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

6A- Crown Point makes the regional, would lose in semi state if they made it out

5A- If we are lucky enough to meet Merrillville again in the Regional I like our chances, beating team like Fort Wayne Snider or someone like that in the semi-state would be tough but as the weather turns in Indiana you have to be able to run the ball and play defense, which we hang our hat on.

4A- New Prairie wins that sectional

3A- Hanover beats West Lafayette this year and goes down in the regional, Nobody beats Bishop Chatard out of the North anyway

2A- Andrean goes down in the regional to Lafayette Central Catholic, they need to make it to the state championship to move up to 3A so they will stay in 2A and rip off back to back state apperances over the next 2 years considering they have 3 underclassmen with D1 offers and will bring back about 30 kids with varsity experience next year

Brickman2020

Post by Brickman2020 »

I hate to say this but the only team in the region that has a legit shot to win a state championship THIS SEASON is Andrean. They play in 2A with really talented players and a staff that has been there before.

No one else has the talent or the path to win one

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

VikingNation wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:33 pm
6A- Crown Point makes the regional, would lose in semi state if they made it out

5A- If we are lucky enough to meet Merrillville again in the Regional I like our chances, beating team like Fort Wayne Snider or someone like that in the semi-state would be tough but as the weather turns in Indiana you have to be able to run the ball and play defense, which we hang our hat on.

4A- New Prairie wins that sectional

3A- Hanover beats West Lafayette this year and goes down in the regional, Nobody beats Bishop Chatard out of the North anyway

2A- Andrean goes down in the regional to Lafayette Central Catholic, they need to make it to the state championship to move up to 3A so they will stay in 2A and rip off back to back state apperances over the next 2 years considering they have 3 underclassmen with D1 offers and will bring back about 30 kids with varsity experience next year
3A- Hanover makes it to semistate, thought Mishawka Marian would be in that regional spot but they wont be, Hanover vs Chartard in Semi-State

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

Burda is a really good power back. Obviously losing Travis Davis for the season is a big loss but having Burda makes that loss a lot less. He’s a proven banger. He’s a load to take down. I wish they would give the sophomore Gage Finley some Carrie’s because he has more speed than David and Burda. Kids going to be a good one. I think Valpo has the best chance but Snider in semi state is no joke. They are really good this year. It took everything for Valpo to beat Snider last season so I know that is going to be a really hard game.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

If Hanover wins their Sectional, wouldn't they likely face an undefeated team in Regionals, that is lead by one of the winningest high school football coaches in the history of our state?

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:56 pm
If Hanover wins their Sectional, wouldn't they likely face an undefeated team in Regionals, that is lead by one of the winningest high school football coaches in the history of our state?
You are correct, Do you think Knox has the athletes though to shut down Hanover's no huddle spread attack? Hanover runs essentially a 5-2 on defense which for shutting down the run so I think it would be a good matchup but Hanover may have too much speed for them.