State Predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
NWI10

State Predictions

Post by NWI10 »

What team from the 219 do you think has the best odds to get to Lucas Oil this year?

Valpo is the obvious choice.

CP I think gets rolled in the semi-state.

scarab527

Re: State Predictions

Post by scarab527 »

CP will be lucky to get out of the Regional imo.

Valpo is the obvious choice but if Davis is out for the playoffs that’s a huge loss. And a potential rematch with Snider won’t be easy.

If Hanover can get past West Lafayette they’ll coast to semi state but will get rolled by Chatard once they get there.

Andrean is the only other team with potential for a long playoff run. Not because they’re good, but because 2A North is really bad this year.

Realistically I think 1 Region team maximum is making it to LOS.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:43 pm

Valpo is the obvious choice but if Davis is out for the playoffs that’s a huge loss. And a potential rematch with Snider won’t be easy.

If Hanover can get past West Lafayette they’ll coast to semi state but will get rolled by Chatard once they get there.

Andrean is the only other team with potential for a long playoff run. Not because they’re good, but because 2A North is really bad this year.

Can’t see Valpo making it out of sectionals if he is out. He was a big factor against Michigan city

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:47 pm
scarab527 wrote:

Can’t see Valpo making it out of sectionals if he is out. He was a big factor against Michigan city
Lol maybe, but not a 24 point factor. The backup Burda rushed for over 800 yards last year filling in for Davis when he got hurt. I’m not worried about Davis being out for Valpo making a difference until they play Snider.

CPbulldogs2024

Post by CPbulldogs2024 »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:50 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Lol maybe, but not a 24 point factor. The backup Burda rushed for over 800 yards last year filling in for Davis when he got hurt. I’m not worried about Davis being out for Valpo making a difference until they play Snider.
True. But most of those yards came against the garbage teams or garbage time. If you look at when he played crown point/merrillville heck even lake central.

Combined 68 runs for 100 yards.

I think merrillville and crown point last year both held him to negative. I guess we will see this week. But I think Davis being out loses them a lot more games now

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:03 pm
scarab527 wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

True. But most of those yards came against the garbage teams or garbage time. If you look at when he played crown point/merrillville heck even lake central.

I think merrillville and crown point last year both held him to negative. I guess we will see this week. But I think Davis being out loses them a lot more games now
Lmao I’m guessing you just made those numbers up, MaxPreps lists 124 carries for 450 yards in those games. I’ve told you before Parkhurst, if you’re gonna make stuff up, make sure people can’t debunk it with a 30 second google search, kid.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:10 pm
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Lmao I’m guessing you just made those numbers up, MaxPreps lists 124 carries for 450 yards in those games. I’ve told you before Parkhurst, if you’re gonna make stuff up, make sure people can’t debunk it with a 30 second google search, kid.
I’m parkhurst… not whoever that is. But I think burda had 70 yards against us in regular season but in playoffs he was negative. Just to clear the air

the dog

Post by the dog »

scarab527 wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the games he mentioned were Crown Point, Merrillville, and Lake Central. I'm not seeing where you are getting 124 carries for 450 yards.

Against those opponents, Maxpreps lists him as:
9/23 against Crown Point: 16 carries for 57 yards
9/30 against Merrillville: 20 carries for 78 yards
10/14 against Lake Central: 26 carries for 126 yards.
He did have two carries for -1 yards in the sectional against Merrillville, but that would have been when Davis was back so I wouldn't count that toward the 'filling in for Davis when he was injured' numbers.

So I don't have either of your totals being accurate -- I see 62 carries for 261 yards. That's about 4.2 yards per carry. He's a good back, but that's not Davis numbers. But yes, the thought that Valpo wouldn't have beaten Michigan City without Davis is a huuuuuuggggeeeee stretach.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

the dog wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:28 am
scarab527 wrote:
CPbulldogs2024 wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the games he mentioned were Crown Point, Merrillville, and Lake Central. I'm not seeing where you are getting 124 carries for 450 yards.

He did have two carries for -1 yards in the sectional against Merrillville, but that would have been when Davis was back so I wouldn't count that toward the 'filling in for Davis when he was injured' numbers.

So I don't have either of your totals being accurate -- I see 62 carries for 261 yards. That's about 4.2 yards per carry. He's a good back, but that's not Davis numbers. But yes, the thought that Valpo wouldn't have beaten Michigan City without Davis is a huuuuuuggggeeeee stretach.
I only saw team rushing numbers on MaxPreps, which were enough to debunk the claim. Should’ve been more specific.

the dog

Post by the dog »

scarab527 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:29 am
the dog wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:28 am
scarab527 wrote:

I only saw team rushing numbers on MaxPreps, which were enough to debunk the claim. Should’ve been more specific.
Gotcha. I couldn't figure where you were getting the numbers. 124 carries in three games seemed like a ton for Burda.

Burda is a good, useful back that will have a big senior year next year I would assume. Davis is a special back. That's not a knock against Burda, just that when you are playing really good competition the difference between good and great gets amplified.