State Predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
warrior

Re: State Predictions

Post by warrior »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:50 pm
Penn isn't beating Fort Wayne Carroll.
Per Sargarin, Penn is the slightest of favorites against Carroll (literally less than .1)

My apologies for not checking with you first since you are clearly an expert. Thanks for letting us know you attend HCC games every week AND stream other good matchups.

CP has no other conference option than the DAC, but they and LC (maybe Portage?) are the only schools not in an enrollment decline. But, I think everyone including the CP staff is aware they have to toughen up the non-conference schedule. It's going to be hard to drop Lowell, but the talent and enrollment disparity is too much at this time.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

warrior wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:07 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Per Sargarin, Penn is the slightest of favorites against Carroll (literally less than .1)

My apologies for not checking with you first since you are clearly an expert. Thanks for letting us know you attend HCC games every week AND stream other good matchups.

CP has no other conference option than the DAC, but they and LC (maybe Portage?) are the only schools not in an enrollment decline. But, I think everyone including the CP staff is aware they have to toughen up the non-conference schedule. It's going to be hard to drop Lowell, but the talent and enrollment disparity is too much at this time.
Geez, man. First you’re upset because I suggested Lowell is having their worst season in YEARS (factually correct) and now you’re chapped because I don’t think Penn or Crown Point stand a chance against the other teams I watch. Not trying to flex. Just adding perspective that I watch A LOT of games, whether it’s streaming the DAC, SAC, HCC, or going to Zionsville games and I base my opinions (not always correct opinions) on what I see on film and not Sagarin ratings, etc. . Lighten up. It’s just a message board. Guess what? I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see Buzea bring a 6A Title back to NWI. The guy has came close to winning with Portage and H-F. He’s the type of coach I pull for to go out on a high note as his career is coming close to an end. I still remember when he was Portage's OC and Bubba Mattix was the HC. If ever a coach "deserved" a Title, I think it's safe to say Buz qualifies and has the coaching skill to do it. Unfortunately, right now the odds are stacked against Crown Point as they don't have the enrollment and depth of talent that Indy 6A schools have.

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:53 pm
Boilernation wrote:

I am not saying you are right or wrong, but it seems like a lot of people are handing Penn the Sectional 2 Title already.
That's absurd. I could be wrong. We're talking abot HS kids afterall. But, Carroll beat Penn 35-7 last year. They gave Hamilton Southeaster a good game in Week 1, beat Warren Central, and lost to Snider in a close one that was pretty much decided by 2 stupid pick sixes to Snider's phenomenal Safety in the final minute of the 1st half. Penn has done nothing to be considered the favorite over Carroll. Cathedral thoroughly dominated Penn. They couldn't have done that to Carroll.
Have not seen either Carroll or Penn play this year.

warrior

Post by warrior »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:31 pm

Geez, man. First you’re upset because I suggested Lowell is having their worst season in YEARS (factually correct) and now you’re chapped because I don’t think Penn or Crown Point stand a chance against the other teams I watch. Not trying to flex. Just adding perspective that I watch A LOT of games, whether it’s streaming the DAC, SAC, HCC, or going to Zionsville games and I base my opinions (not always correct opinions) on what I see on film and not Sagarin ratings, etc. . Lighten up. It’s just a message board. Guess what? I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see Buzea bring a 6A Title back to NWI. The guy has came close to winning with Portage and H-F. He’s the type of coach I pull for to go out on a high note as his career is coming close to an end. I still remember when he was Portage's OC and Bubba Mattix was the HC. If ever a coach "deserved" a Title, I think it's safe to say Buz qualifies and has the coaching skill to do it. Unfortunately, right now the odds are stacked against Crown Point as they don't have the enrollment and depth of talent that Indy 6A schools have.

Tell us you're not flexing with another flex. Cool, you've watched a lot of games but I bet Mr. Sagarin's formula is going to be right a hell a lot of more times than you or me. I got salty because you originally called Lowell a JV team. Justify it anyway you want, but it was a total dick statement to make. Not to mention, I had to read Mr. Know It All, Nutsy, say Lowell kids quit because of Kilmer. Then, when challenged, he backtracks because he knew all it along it was BS. When you're team is 2-5 (and likely 2-8 by the end) you get a little butt hurt.... :D

FWIW, I could care less who wins and personally hope CP loses. I think CP's whole athletic program is suspect.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

warrior wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 pm
Boilernation wrote:

Tell us you're not flexing with another flex. Cool, you've watched a lot of games but I bet Mr. Sagarin's formula is going to be right a hell a lot of more times than you or me. I got salty because you originally called Lowell a JV team. Justify it anyway you want, but it was a total dick statement to make. Not to mention, I had to read Mr. Know It All, Nutsy, say Lowell kids quit because of Kilmer. Then, when challenged, he backtracks because he knew all it along it was BS. When you're team is 2-5 (and likely 2-8 by the end) you get a little butt hurt.... :D

FWIW, I could care less who wins and personally hope CP loses. I think CP's whole athletic program is suspect.
Do you think Crown Point's JV team could compete with Lowell's varsity team? If the answer is "hell no", then I'll rescind my comment. It wasn't a knock on Lowell. Just that as you stated there is a major disparity between the two schools at the moment.

As long as weather doesn't impact play, I'll take Carroll by at least 7 over Penn. Carroll's strong point is their passing game. I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong because I honestly think Penn is a better matchup for Crown Point. And I don't think Crown Point will get challenged this year in Sectional 1

I'm a night owl on weekends and love watching football. I'll typically go to a HCC game as that's the school district I live in and then stream the good games across the state that are available. It's easy to get through a HS game when you fast forward through the stoppages in play. I watch a lot of teams play. Not trying to flex. Just enjoy watching as well as sharing my opinions and sometimes I'm probably guilty of good or bad bias towards teams based on who is in their conference.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:28 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:10 pm
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:53 pm

I am not saying you are right or wrong, but it seems like a lot of people are handing Penn the Sectional 2 Title already.
That's absurd. I could be wrong. We're talking abot HS kids afterall. But, Carroll beat Penn 35-7 last year. They gave Hamilton Southeaster a good game in Week 1, beat Warren Central, and lost to Snider in a close one that was pretty much decided by 2 stupid pick sixes to Snider's phenomenal Safety in the final minute of the 1st half. Penn has done nothing to be considered the favorite over Carroll. Cathedral thoroughly dominated Penn. They couldn't have done that to Carroll.
Have not seen either Carroll or Penn play this year.
Carroll has a really good 6'3 Junior QB who has some Big Ten and MAC offers. He's very athletic and can scramble around and make plays with his arm or feet. It's hard to get a read on Penn. They beat 2 solid 5A Teams in Valpo and Mishawaka fairly easiliy, were curb stomped by Cathedral and are feasting on the weak NIC. I'm interested in seeing how they fair against New Prairie tonight. IMO, that's a game a 6A contender should easily win even though NP isn't a slouch. IDK, I wouldn't be surprised if Penn beat Carroll and I wouldn't be surprised if Carroll beat Penn by double digits.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

warrior wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 pm
Boilernation wrote:

From Mr. Know It All, it is amazing how things turn from Wednesday to Friday. "Thanks and respect to you, sir." First of all I said nothing about kids quitting," I heard some of the kids would not play for Kilmer." That is a direct quote from my earlier post. Secondly, my team is 4-3, how about yours? (no butt hurt here) Thirdly, I'm under no obligation to release names to you. Do you think I'm stupid enough to talk about individuals here? What does it matter about what impact they would have on the team? If one kid did not want to play for Kilmer my point is proven. What happened to your comment about respect? BTW, I pride myself on the inside information I get from a number of sources. There are things I know I would never reveal on this chat board, if I'm trusted with information and ask not to talk I don't. Why would you ever wish for another team to lose, unless that particular team, CP, has wronged you in some way? Or do you secretly envy the work Buzea has done at CP in assembling one of the best coaching staffs in NW Indiana? There are a lot of unanswered questions here on the table.

Nut
Last edited by Nutsy on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

4-3?

Didnt we just finish up week 8?

the dog

Post by the dog »

BallinFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:26 am
4-3?

Didnt we just finish up week 8?
I believe that post was made prior to Friday night's games.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

You are correct. My mistake.

Carry on.