State Predictions

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
scarab527

Re: State Predictions

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:21 pm
warrior wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:31 pm

Geez, man. First you’re upset because I suggested Lowell is having their worst season in YEARS (factually correct) and now you’re chapped because I don’t think Penn or Crown Point stand a chance against the other teams I watch. Not trying to flex. Just adding perspective that I watch A LOT of games, whether it’s streaming the DAC, SAC, HCC, or going to Zionsville games and I base my opinions (not always correct opinions) on what I see on film and not Sagarin ratings, etc. . Lighten up. It’s just a message board. Guess what? I hope I’m wrong. I would love to see Buzea bring a 6A Title back to NWI. The guy has came close to winning with Portage and H-F. He’s the type of coach I pull for to go out on a high note as his career is coming close to an end. I still remember when he was Portage's OC and Bubba Mattix was the HC. If ever a coach "deserved" a Title, I think it's safe to say Buz qualifies and has the coaching skill to do it. Unfortunately, right now the odds are stacked against Crown Point as they don't have the enrollment and depth of talent that Indy 6A schools have.

Tell us you're not flexing with another flex. Cool, you've watched a lot of games but I bet Mr. Sagarin's formula is going to be right a hell a lot of more times than you or me. I got salty because you originally called Lowell a JV team. Justify it anyway you want, but it was a total dick statement to make. Not to mention, I had to read Mr. Know It All, Nutsy, say Lowell kids quit because of Kilmer. Then, when challenged, he backtracks because he knew all it along it was BS. When you're team is 2-5 (and likely 2-8 by the end) you get a little butt hurt.... :D

FWIW, I could care less who wins and personally hope CP loses. I think CP's whole athletic program is suspect.
Do you think Crown Point's JV team could compete with Lowell's varsity team? If the answer is "hell no", then I'll rescind my comment. It wasn't a knock on Lowell. Just that as you stated there is a major disparity between the two schools at the moment.

As long as weather doesn't impact play, I'll take Carroll by at least 7 over Penn. Carroll's strong point is their passing game. I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong because I honestly think Penn is a better matchup for Crown Point. And I don't think Crown Point will get challenged this year in Sectional 1

I'm a night owl on weekends and love watching football. I'll typically go to a HCC game as that's the school district I live in and then stream the good games across the state that are available. It's easy to get through a HS game when you fast forward through the stoppages in play. I watch a lot of teams play. Not trying to flex. Just enjoy watching as well as sharing my opinions and sometimes I'm probably guilty of good or bad bias towards teams based on who is in their conference.
Nothing you've said has been false and I'm not sure why people are getting so butthurt about all of it. Sagarin also has 1A Indy Lutheran as the 18th best team in the state... needless to say his formulas are not infallible. Carroll took Penn to the woodshed last year and while I think Penn is a little better and Carroll is a little worse I still would bet on the Chargers if I had to. Also I gotta say I think its sad that so many people on here want to see other Region teams fail. I'll always root for Region teams when they’re in it in any sport. Newsflash guys, the rest of Indiana already hates us and wants to see us fail, we don't need to do it too!

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

Any thoughts on CP struggling with a below average Chesterton team?

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Trap game for CP and I think it shows how capable Chesterton can be on a given night.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

NWI10 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:44 pm
That the Dogs aren’t a serious contender in 6A

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

scarab527 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:46 pm
NWI10 wrote:
This aged well..

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

From the Stands wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:57 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:46 pm
NWI10 wrote:
This aged well..
I’ll give them credit, they’ve managed to escape the past two weeks when I thought they wouldn’t.

But “serious contender” means the ability to win state. If they play BD within 3 TDs I’d be shocked.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Come on man it is ok to admit you were wrong.

They are in state title game. They are serious contenders no matter what happens now

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

BallinFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 am

They are in state title game. They are serious contenders no matter what happens now
I admit I was wrong because I didn’t think they could even get this far. But nah, serious contender means being able to actually win the whole thing. If they play with BD late into the game and keep it close I’ll admit I was wrong. But realistically there’s 4 teams that are serious contenders for 6A, and they’re all in the South.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

They had no control of how things were laid out by the state. They won their sectional. They won reginonals. They won semi state. They advanced to the state championship when the majority of people did not think that was possible. They were serious contenders.

VPISU

Post by VPISU »

scarab527 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:13 pm
BallinFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 am

I admit I was wrong because I didn’t think they could even get this far. But nah, serious contender means being able to actually win the whole thing. If they play with BD late into the game and keep it close I’ll admit I was wrong. But realistically there’s 4 teams that are serious contenders for 6A, and they’re all in the South.
So... here we go playing word games... let me break it down for you: Contender -a person or a group competing with others to achieve something Snowball's chance in hell? yes, Serious contender... how much more serious does it get than the state championship game? Next question how come none of the other southern teams made it to the big dance if they were such serious contenders?