Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by the dog »

warrior wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:43 pm
Too many opinions on here and not enough facts. NO, "the dog," the Lowell crowds are significantly smaller than they used to be regardless of record. However, you are correct that a good season increases crowd size, but not like in the past. It's a fact and gate revenue proves it. Have you been to a game in the last decade? Prior to streaming and when news coverage was strong, a good Lowell crowd meant packed stands and SRO around the south end of the field. Playoffs meant portable bleachers in the end zones. Those days are gone.

People shouldn't spew BS opinions as fact. It's not fair to the coaches, the kids, or the community. Nutsy, you in particular should be embarrassed for throwing Kilmer and his staff under the bus. The guy has meant a lot to Lowell and Region football as evidenced by his four state rings. I also suspect I'll be waiting a loooong time for your list.
I have been to every Lowell/Hobart game in quite awhile. I will say that this year the crowd that Lowell brought was the smallest I’ve ever seen from them. Quite a few years the Hobart/Lowell games have had the double dip of both programs being good AND it being homecoming game so it’s probably not the best game to use as a gauge.

I wasn’t trying to compare the size of the crowds in the 80s to today’s crowds because streaming didn’t start until way after that. Truthfully I’m more upset about the lack of local news coverage than I am about streaming because at least streaming is putting more eyes on the product.

NWI10

Post by NWI10 »

Rough ending to the 2023 season for RDP.

The positives going into 2024 are: Starting QB for 1/2 of the season is just a sophomore. New facilities should be ready to go for week 1.

Lowell is virtually guaranteed to lose to Crown Point every week one going forward until Buz is no longer the HC.

Hobart loses alot as does Hanover. Where does RDP stack up next year?

I will go out on a limb to say KV would be my favorite going into 2024

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

I was not impressed at all with Lowell other than their determination, but you still need the Jimmy’s and Joe’s. I didn’t see any out there. Lack of numbers, size and quality rb and qb stood out to me. Maybe they were really young this year and will improve greatly next season but they didn’t wow me anywhere this season.

warrior

Post by warrior »

NWI10 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:32 pm
New facilities should be ready to go for week 1.
This has ZERO chance of happening.

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

warrior wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:34 pm
NWI10 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:32 pm
New facilities should be ready to go for week 1.
This has ZERO chance of happening.
Ill take that bet warrior

warrior

Post by warrior »

VikingNation wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Ill take that bet warrior
Bet!!
1. I was told the construction company is shooting for completion by week 4. IF they are done by then, it will have a punch list a mile long so I guess you'll have to define ready for week one. Does a turf field with people sitting in lawn chairs and using porta potties count?
2. They were supposed to start about a month ago with the area east of the FB field, and as of a week ago they had not.

Construction motto: "oversell and under deliver"