Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by Boilernation »

1. They are 2-5 with 5 blow out losses
2. One of those blow out losses is to their former coach
3. Their neighbor to the west, who shut them out, is on the verge of running table in their first year in Lowell's conference. At worst Hanover will tie for 1st if they lose to Andrean.

the dog

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by the dog »

Boilernation wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:11 pm
3. Their neighbor to the west, who shut them out, is on the verge of running table in their first year in Lowell's conference. At worst Hanover will tie for 1st if they lose to Andrean.
I believe Lowell also had an incredibly low turnout of freshman and did not have a freshman team this year.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

Hanover will not lose to Andrean.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:44 pm
Hanover will not lose to Andrean.

Nut
Correct, they won't. HC is always going to get their points. So far HC's schedule has seen them play two quality opponents -- Morton and Hobart. They were able to put up 24 on Morton and 31 on Hobart. I saw the Morton game on film and the Hobart game live -- the offense is so balanced they are hard to stop. Andrean's defense is okay but I'd expect HC to put up 30 to 35 on them. The Wildcats have a ton of speed and utilize it well.

Offensively, Andrean simply can not run the ball. At all. As in they are the worst rushing team in the NCC bar none. Ballatine is a bright QB and makes the right underneath throws but the blocking isn't there to give him any time. Hanover's defense is solid.....Hobart and Morton moved it on them some but it was through balanced attacks. Andrean can't offer that. I'd expect something like a 35-10 Hanover win.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

the dog wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:51 pm
Boilernation wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:11 pm
I believe Lowell also had an incredibly low turnout of freshman and did not have a freshman team this year.
I heard some of the kids would not play for Kilmer.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

Bud Kilmer is a hard one to play for.

warrior

Post by warrior »

What's the point of this post, Boiler? Kilmer is 109-53 in 14 years without a losing season prior to this one. Are you suggesting they fire a guy who's won more than 2/3 of games?

You called Lowell a JV team in an earlier post, which is totally offensive given what the program has done the last 3 decades. Sounds to me like you have a personal axe to grind against Lowell.

Why is it significant they lost to their former coach? Kirk left of his own choosing and he and Kilmer remain close friends.

In reality, the residents of Lowell are the ones who need to look in the mirror. They failed to pass a referendum by over a 2:1 margin which would have paid teachers and staff on par with the rest of the area districts, and yet they wonder why teachers are leaving and the enrollment is stagnant/declining. Not a good recipe for sustained success.

P.S. Hanover is north of Lowell. To the west would be Illinois....

VikingNation

Post by VikingNation »

High School Football is full of ebs and flows for teams. Lowell is one of the better football programs in this area of the last 20 years and they will be back but for right now they are young and taking their lumps to get better. Very Similar to Andrean who also plays a lot of freshmen and sophmores and also is a program of the last 20 years that has earned a multide of sucess.

If Hanover had Andrean Schedule where they played Merrillville, Us, and Indianapolis Bishop Chartard, they would have 3 really bad losses right now.

Overall, Ceadar Lake continues to grow and Hanover's football program will grow with it but this is just a down year for the NCC overall,so them beating Hobart, Lowell, and Andrean in 2023 is just not impressive to me.

pvsharks

Post by pvsharks »

Viking nation: I agree 95% of your post. As they say "Lowell is Lowell" Coaches come and go but programs sustain. Lowell will sustain, the coaching staff has a plan I am sure. As far as the 5% I disagree with, I am impressed that Hanover Central has succeeded in their jump to the NCC thus far.

warrior

Post by warrior »

Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:56 am

I heard some of the kids would not play for Kilmer.

Nut
I'm calling BS. I am not aware of any difference makers walking the Red Devil hallways who chose not to play.

And if they don't want to play for Lowell, perhaps they should transfer? That seems to be the solution these days when things don't go your way or the grass is greener someplace else. If not, we'll miss out on those kids posting on Twitter (X) that they are #blessed to receive an "offer" to continue their academic and athletic careers at a D3 program. That would be a shame....