Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
the dog
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:21 am

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by the dog »

warrior wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:56 am

I heard some of the kids would not play for Kilmer.

Nut
I'm calling BS. I am not aware of any difference makers walking the Red Devil hallways who chose not to play.

And if they don't want to play for Lowell, perhaps they should transfer? That seems to be the solution these days when things don't go your way or the grass is greener someplace else. If not, we'll miss out on those kids posting on Twitter (X) that they are #blessed to receive an "offer" to continue their academic and athletic careers at a D3 program. That would be a shame....
I don't know anything about who is or is not playing at Lowell, but it's not just about difference makers. It's also about depth. Lack of depth means you have to play the best athletes you have both ways, more plays, etc. As the game and season wears on, it gets harder. I saw the game film of Lowell/CP at the beginning of the year and although Lowell got trounced, they kept fighting to the end of the game and in particular CP had to fight for every yard they were getting on the ground. From games I've seen later in the season, that hasn't been the case.

the dog
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:21 am

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by the dog »

NWI10 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:47 pm
Losing Friday night to Munster would be a huge blow to RDP. They have not lost to the Mustangs since 2011.

As far as the future goes.... the next couple years may be thin.

Where do they fall in the future power rankings in the NCC?

Is the future brighter then anyone but maybe Highland/Munster?
I will say this: I was generally shocked that Munster lost to Highland, especially after starting out with a 21-7 lead. Munster is able to run the ball very well and they block well. Asgedom doesn't get much attention but he's already over 1,200 yards rushing through 7 games and Munster as a team is over 2,000 yards rushing through seven games (290 yards per game). And it's not just yards they've gained against the Griffiths or East Chicago -- they put up 222 rushing yards on 38 carries against Lake Central; 298 yards against Hobart on 58 carries; 254 yards against Andrean on 55 carries; and 240 yards on 41 carries against Hanover Central. In the Highland loss, they put up 314 yards on the ground. The problem is Munster doesn't stop anybody on defense.

Nutsy
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by Nutsy »

warrior wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Nutsy wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:56 am

I heard some of the kids would not play for Kilmer.

Nut
I'm calling BS. I am not aware of any difference makers walking the Red Devil hallways who chose not to play.

And if they don't want to play for Lowell, perhaps they should transfer? That seems to be the solution these days when things don't go your way or the grass is greener someplace else. If not, we'll miss out on those kids posting on Twitter (X) that they are #blessed to receive an "offer" to continue their academic and athletic careers at a D3 program. That would be a shame....
Sounds like sour grapes to me.


Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

warrior
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by warrior »

Nutsy wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:09 pm


Sounds like sour grapes to me.


Nut
Sounds to me you are throwing crap on the wall and seeing if it sticks? Go ahead and DM me ONE kid who isn't playing or transferred because of Kilmer.
Last edited by warrior on Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warrior
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by warrior »

NWI10 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 pm
A question I would be curious about is "what do teams think about playing Lowell"
The Inferno does not pack it in like it used too..
True. Part of that is due to teams streaming the games. I know many people prefer to watch the games in the garage with their buddies and some adult beverages. VERY little newspaper coverage anymore. It's all sad for the kids.

the dog
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:21 am

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by the dog »

warrior wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:47 pm
NWI10 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 pm
A question I would be curious about is "what do teams think about playing Lowell"
The Inferno does not pack it in like it used too..
True. Part of that is due to teams streaming the games. I know many people prefer to watch the games in the garage with their buddies and some adult beverages. VERY little newspaper coverage anymore. It's all sad for the kids.
If a team is doing well, they do still tend to pack the house. I’m sure if Lowell was 7-0 at this point the Inferno would be packed. I would say years ago Lowell would have packed the place regardless of record. But fans don’t turn out as well when a team isn’t doing well anymore. The Hanover Central/Hobart game both sides were SRO — granted the visitor seats are not as spacious as Hanover awaits the stands that have been on order for quite some time — but both sides had plenty of fans that sat in lawn chairs/stood. I have no doubt that if Lowell had came into HC playing for the NCC title, they would have packed the visitor’s side.

Nutsy
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by Nutsy »

warrior wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:43 pm
Nutsy wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:09 pm


Sounds like sour grapes to me.


Nut
Sounds to me you are throwing crap on the wall and seeing if it sticks? Go ahead and DM me ONE kid who isn't playing or transferred because of Kilmer.
Not throwing any more crap than anyone else... I'll get you that list and publish it right here. (do not need to DM, IM, or Smoke Signal)


Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

warrior
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by warrior »

Too many opinions on here and not enough facts. NO, "the dog," the Lowell crowds are significantly smaller than they used to be regardless of record. However, you are correct that a good season increases crowd size, but not like in the past. It's a fact and gate revenue proves it. Have you been to a game in the last decade? Prior to streaming and when news coverage was strong, a good Lowell crowd meant packed stands and SRO around the south end of the field. Playoffs meant portable bleachers in the end zones. Those days are gone.

People shouldn't spew BS opinions as fact. It's not fair to the coaches, the kids, or the community. Nutsy, you in particular should be embarrassed for throwing Kilmer and his staff under the bus. The guy has meant a lot to Lowell and Region football as evidenced by his four state rings. I also suspect I'll be waiting a loooong time for your list.

Nutsy
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by Nutsy »

warrior wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:43 pm
Too many opinions on here and not enough facts. NO, "the dog," the Lowell crowds are significantly smaller than they used to be regardless of record. However, you are correct that a good season increases crowd size, but not like in the past. It's a fact and gate revenue proves it. Have you been to a game in the last decade? Prior to streaming and when news coverage was strong, a good Lowell crowd meant packed stands and SRO around the south end of the field. Playoffs meant portable bleachers in the end zones. Those days are gone.

People shouldn't spew BS opinions as fact. It's not fair to the coaches, the kids, or the community. Nutsy, you in particular should be embarrassed for throwing Kilmer and his staff under the bus. The guy has meant a lot to Lowell and Region football as evidenced by his four state rings. I also suspect I'll be waiting a loooong time for your list.
You will be waiting a long time for that list, granted there are a lot of opinions here. Crowds are down at Hobart, and many of the other "larger" schools. If you say they are not I know for a fact Hobart for one does not pack the crowns of the '80s and '90s as it did at The Bowl. The first game I witnessed at The Boneyard back in 1993 was a sellout... got to the gate at 5:30 and was told it was SRO if I wanted a ticket. The thing that surprises me is the coaching turnover that has taken place in the last five years. Kids like stability no matter what they say. If coaching staffs are changing every two to three years there is a perceived lack of stability. Game streaming, news coverage as far as printed media is almost non-existent, fair weather fans, more a$$88le parents, apathy, and burn out some of the leading causes of this headache. If I offended anyone humble apologies. I have heard the same thing about numerous other coaches in Da Region so in the future if I can't say anything good... Some of these items may or may not be applicable to the Lowell situation.


Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

warrior
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Rock Bottom For Lowell?

Post by warrior »

Nutsy wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:38 pm


You will be waiting a long time for that list, granted there are a lot of opinions here. Crowds are down at Hobart, and many of the other "larger" schools. If you say they are not I know for a fact Hobart for one does not pack the crowns of the '80s and '90s as it did at The Bowl. The first game I witnessed at The Boneyard back in 1993 was a sellout... got to the gate at 5:30 and was told it was SRO if I wanted a ticket. The thing that surprises me is the coaching turnover that has taken place in the last five years. Kids like stability no matter what they say. If coaching staffs are changing every two to three years there is a perceived lack of stability. Game streaming, news coverage as far as printed media is almost non-existent, fair weather fans, more a$$88le parents, apathy, and burn out some of the leading causes of this headache. If I offended anyone humble apologies. I have heard the same thing about numerous other coaches in Da Region so in the future if I can't say anything good... Some of these items may or may not be applicable to the Lowell situation.


Nut
Thanks and respect to you, sir.

Post Reply