Final Regular season predictions and DAC power rankings

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
DACfanatic

Final Regular season predictions and DAC power rankings

Post by DACfanatic »

DAC POWER RANKINGS

1. Crown point ( vs Michigan city)
2. Valparaiso ( vs lake central)
3. Merrillville (vs Chesterton)
4. Michigan city (@ crown point)
5. Lake central ( @ valparasio)
6. Chesterton ( @ merrillville)
7. Portage (@ Laporte)
8. Laporte (vs portage)

DAC predictions;

Merrillville vs Chesterton:

merrillville is finally fully healthy and there offense seems to have finally started to get there groove back. The defense is nasty and can shut down anyone! While Chesterton is filled with injuries. And hasn’t been able to get any momentum going recently. The pirates should have there way with a Trojan team that doesn’t show any success in moving ball.

Pirates 35-10

Valpo vs lake central:

Both teams are dealing with major injuries as this game could depend on who comes in healthy. Rumor has it both burda and Williams will miss this game and rest for the state tourney. LC passing game is getting better every week and should cause Valpo some issues. But with no Williams… If that’s true Valpos defense should have enough to stop LC

Valpo wins 28-10

Crown point vs Michigan city: which Michigan city team shows up? Crown point has looked below average last 2 weeks also. Crown point is playing for outright DAC title. Michigan city is playing for any momentum heading into the state tourney. I’ll take crown point in this one

Crown point wins 50-0 😂

GAME OF THE WEEK!

Portage vs Laporte: both teams 0-6 in the conference both teams have absolutely no momentum. They have scored roughly the same amount of points. But portage has the better offense and defense in this game. Laporte as I said to being season will lose all DAC games this year!

Portage wins a tight one 21-17

RollTribe

Re: Final Regular season predictions and DAC power rankings

Post by RollTribe »

Yeesh, kind of an ugly week in the conference this week. Many teams seem to be limping to the finish line of the regular season. I guess I'd go City/CP as game of the week but if it's within 3 touchdowns I'd be surprised. Also the comment on LC's passing game - not so sure about that since starting QB Chase Kwiatkowski left last week's game in the first half with an injury. LC played most of the game without its starting QB and whole game without its star RB. Not sure if either is going to be back this week but if not there's a chance Valpo's defense hangs a goose egg.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

Hopefully Burda is okay or Valpos season is toast

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

Richielikelionel wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:01 pm
Hopefully Burda is okay or Valpos season is toast

Wish him nothing but good news… but…. That just means

Merrillville going to state! 😂

the dog

Post by the dog »

From the stats and scoretracker, I see that Valpo had the backup quarterback (Andrew Alcorn) in late in the second quarter when the game was only 13-0 against Portage and it looked like he went the rest of the way. Put up a decent stat line -- 11 of 15 for 141 yards and 2 TDs. Anyone know if Clark was hurt or why Alcorn came in?

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

the dog wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:01 am
From the stats and scoretracker, I see that Valpo had the backup quarterback (Andrew Alcorn) in late in the second quarter when the game was only 13-0 against Portage and it looked like he went the rest of the way. Put up a decent stat line -- 11 of 15 for 141 yards and 2 TDs. Anyone know if Clark was hurt or why Alcorn came in?
They used Alcorn to pass and Clark to run. They did it once Burda went down. Their passing game wasn’t really getting anything going and he came in and did a pretty good job I’d say. Interesting to see what happens going forward.

DACfanatic

Post by DACfanatic »

scarab527 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:19 am
the dog wrote:
They used Alcorn to pass and Clark to run. They did it once Burda went down. Their passing game wasn’t really getting anything going and he came in and did a pretty good job I’d say. Interesting to see what happens going forward.
Valpo parents said Clark never came back in game. After burda went down. So the backup did the rest of game. And as for Clark. Have heard he has a AC joint sprain. But nothijg confirmed

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

DACfanatic wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:09 pm
scarab527 wrote:
the dog wrote:
Valpo parents said Clark never came back in game. After burda went down. So the backup did the rest of game. And as for Clark. Have heard he has a AC joint sprain. But nothijg confirmed
I literally watched the game and saw him come back in and run the football with my own two eyes lmao. Alcorn did finish the game. No clue if that was because Clark was injured. But when they initially pulled Clark they went back to him the next series and then he literally started the second half lol.

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:
the dog wrote:
He was in running the ball in the 4th Q. He scored their Toucjdown to go up 35-0

the dog

Post by the dog »

From the Stands wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:55 am
DACfanatic wrote:
scarab527 wrote:

He was in running the ball in the 4th Q. He scored their Toucjdown to go up 35-0
So did they have Alcorn and Clark both in at the same time or was it more of a rotating situation at quarterback once Burda went down?