Sectional Draw

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Dann Ellenwood

Re: Sectional Draw

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

BallinFreak wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:50 am
Looking over the matchups around the state.

Brownsburg and Ben Davis, two top teams in class 6 in first round.

Then a in city battle between Bloomington South and Bloomington north in class 5. North beat South in a 1 point OT game earlier in the season, the only loss for either team this year.
Check out Sectional 28 :shock:
4 undefeated teams in 1 sectional.

BallinFreak

Post by BallinFreak »

dang that is crazy, I missed that one

the dog

Post by the dog »

Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:12 pm
BallinFreak wrote:

Then a in city battle between Bloomington South and Bloomington north in class 5. North beat South in a 1 point OT game earlier in the season, the only loss for either team this year.
Worth mentioning the the other four teams in the sectional are pretty decent as well -- 7-2, 6-3, 5-4, and 3-6. The 7-2 team is Guernin Catholic, and their only losses were to Roncalli and Chatard. Chatard is probably the sectional favorite in sectional 28 and Guernin Catholic only lost 13-7 to them in the regular season. The top side of that bracket is stacked -- 7-2 Guernin Catholic v 9-0 Peru and 9-0 Tippecanoe Valley v 9-0 Chatard. Hamilton Heights is probably the weakest of the four undefeated teams there, but they have a much easier route to the title game (face 6-3 Maconoquah and the winner of the 5-4 v. 3-6 game).

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Chatard is running away with that Sectional. Only reason Guerin game was close was because their QB went down early. They’re rolling now.

nwifbfan

Post by nwifbfan »

Agree with Scarab, Chatard will cruise through sectional and regional and semi state and final!

Dann Ellenwood

Post by Dann Ellenwood »

the dog wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:54 am
Dann Ellenwood wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:12 pm
BallinFreak wrote:

Worth mentioning the the other four teams in the sectional are pretty decent as well -- 7-2, 6-3, 5-4, and 3-6. The 7-2 team is Guernin Catholic, and their only losses were to Roncalli and Chatard. Chatard is probably the sectional favorite in sectional 28 and Guernin Catholic only lost 13-7 to them in the regular season. The top side of that bracket is stacked -- 7-2 Guernin Catholic v 9-0 Peru and 9-0 Tippecanoe Valley v 9-0 Chatard. Hamilton Heights is probably the weakest of the four undefeated teams there, but they have a much easier route to the title game (face 6-3 Maconoquah and the winner of the 5-4 v. 3-6 game).
Thank you for the additional context.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:33 am
Chatard is running away with that Sectional. Only reason Guerin game was close was because their QB went down early. They’re rolling now.
Yep. 3 different predominantly rural public school districts having phenomenal years are about to get completely derailed by the Chatard or Guerin. For some reason I have a feeling Peru can give Guerin a game. Chatard on the other hand, will likely route TV and Hamilton Heights. My wife is a Hamilton Heights grad and I'm very familiar with the community. They have some big and strong farm kids who can play football. But, the overall numbers and depth to compete against the likes of Chatard is non-existant. Going out on a limb to say it's the same for Peru and TV.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:17 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Yep. 3 different predominantly rural public school districts having phenomenal years are about to get completely derailed by the Chatard or Guerin. For some reason I have a feeling Peru can give Guerin a game. Chatard on the other hand, will likely route TV and Hamilton Heights. My wife is a Hamilton Heights grad and I'm very familiar with the community. They have some big and strong farm kids who can play football. But, the overall numbers and depth to compete against the likes of Chatard is non-existant. Going out on a limb to say it's the same for Peru and TV.
And next year the IHSAA will put them in the 4A Sectional with Roncalli, etc to make sure they’ll bump right back down to 3A in two years.

Boilernation

Post by Boilernation »

scarab527 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm
Boilernation wrote:
scarab527 wrote:
And next year the IHSAA will put them in the 4A Sectional with Roncalli, etc to make sure they’ll bump right back down to 3A in two years.
You know it. So dumb.

scarab527

Post by scarab527 »

Boilernation wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:39 pm
scarab527 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:34 pm
Boilernation wrote:

You know it. So dumb.
Not dumb, I think the IHSAA knows exactly what they’re doing with that. Seems like they would be content with Chatard winning every 3A title from now until eternity.