Region sectional winners

Join the discussion on all the major topics in Region football!
Boilernation

Re: Region sectional winners

Post by Boilernation »

I've only seen short clips of video on East Central but yes, they certainly are big and physical. In the clips I've seen it looks like a college team playing a high school team. Definitely impressive what they did to Moeller, but I don't think Moeller is what they used to be, but would still be a top tenish team in Indiana. East Central would definitely be favored over Reitz.....so far no one has stopped Ringer. Kid is averaging 11+ per carry. Reitz IMO is the only team that could beat East Central in 4A -- not that they will, but could. Sagarin ranks East Cantel 1 and Reitz 2 in 4A -- Reitz did beat the third rated team in 4A (Jasper) by a 24-7 score earlier in the year.

But last week Reitz had an outright strange result.....they only beat Mater Dei 14-10. Mater Dei won state in 2A last year and finished 12-3 against a good schedule.....this year they went 2-7. They haven't lost more than 5 games in any season in the last 20+ years. Reitz did finish 9-0 and had a tough schedule (Sagarin rates it 28th in the state while East Central's is 109th -- but Sagarin doesn't put Moeller in since they are out of state. East Central's SOS would probably be closer to 60 to 70 if they were added in), so it's kind of wait and see. Reitz does offer the ability to move the ball equally on the ground and air and has a Junior quarterback who was the starter on last year's state champion.
[/quote]

Moeller was a Division 1 Semi-Finalist last year. I'm not sure how many starters they returned, but they did return the RB going to Michigan. They also ran the table in Greater Catholic League South. Chatard just wiped the floor with Elder, who will take 2nd in the GCL South if they beat LaSalle tonight. Lakewood St. Edward (beat Center Grove and likely favorite to win Division 1) only beat Elder by 1 and Moeller by 7. I don't know. GCL South seems down compared to years past, but the teams are all still pretty good.

From the Stands

Post by From the Stands »

From the Stands wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:11 pm
the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:34 am
From the Stands wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:06 am

North Judson with a very good chance comparing common foes.

Andrean will be very lucky to beat LaVille. Great for the region, will be rooting for, but lucky.

Hanover is legit, Chatard is a buzz saw.

What New Prairie team will we see? Hobart is average at best.

Valpo may be as bitten by Injuries as any team around. People only talk about the running backs, no one is talking about the decimation on defense. Will be very interesting in playoffs.

Crown Point’s destiny is in their hands.
Considering you picked Lowell and Morton to both beat Hobart and they lost by a total of 64 points, I’m not sure you are an expert on Hobart.
That’s fair
Still a fair statement by you - I think this is indicative of the rest of the region being down. I was not impressed by Hobart, I felt they were average. They did beat the doors off of two teams I said they would lose to, however, this is a result I saw coming.

the dog

Post by the dog »

From the Stands wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:20 am
From the Stands wrote:
the dog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:34 am

Considering you picked Lowell and Morton to both beat Hobart and they lost by a total of 64 points, I’m not sure you are an expert on Hobart.
That’s fair
Still a fair statement by you - I think this is indicative of the rest of the region being down. I was not impressed by Hobart, I felt they were average. They did beat the doors off of two teams I said they would lose to, however, this is a result I saw coming.
NCC was down. It certainly was ripe for Hanover Central coming in and winning the title right away. Tonight -- Hobart got beaten down by New Prairie, Lowell loses at home by double digits to a 3-6 Culver team, Kankakee Valley stuggled with Gary West, and Andrean doesnt't even win their opener in a 2A sectional.

From the Stands

the dog wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:34 am
From the Stands wrote:
From the Stands wrote:

That’s fair
NCC was down. It certainly was ripe for Hanover Central coming in and winning the title right away. Tonight -- Hobart got beaten down by New Prairie, Lowell loses at home by double digits to a 3-6 Culver team, Kankakee Valley stuggled with Gary West, and Andrean doesnt't even win their opener in a 2A sectional.
Yep, agreed. I said Hanover was legit, I still think they are… but I’m not 100% sure they are better than last year. I like their run game better. I would love to see them make some noise. They are one of the few region teams that can.

the dog

Post by the dog »

From the Stands wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:59 am
the dog wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:34 am
From the Stands wrote:

Yep, agreed. I said Hanover was legit, I still think they are… but I’m not 100% sure they are better than last year. I like their run game better. I would love to see them make some noise. They are one of the few region teams that can.
Hanover Central will win their sectional. They might beat Knox at regional, but that’s their ceiling. Chatard likely beats Guernin Catholic next week in sectional 28 and then cruises to the state game. Chatard beat Cathederal earlier in the year.

Richielikelionel

Post by Richielikelionel »

NWI10 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:43 pm
The winner of Hobart/NP is the overwhelming sectional 17 favorite.

With Valpo's injuries I don't see anyone from the 219 getting to Lucas Oil.
Valpo only has one major injury. That’s RB Travis Davis. Other than that they have gotten pretty healthy the past few weeks. If anyone knows anymore injuries, please Comment.

From the Stands

Richielikelionel wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:42 am
NWI10 wrote:

Valpo only has one major injury. That’s RB Travis Davis. Other than that they have gotten pretty healthy the past few weeks. If anyone knows anymore injuries, please Comment.
They finished the season banged up on the OLine and in the secondary. I don’t know if those guys will be back or not. Hoping so.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

CB4 wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:45 am
Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:43 am
NWI10 wrote:

Question, can Hobart break the NP jinx?

Nut
2-1 Sectional/ Regional record against New Prairie is a jinx? Way to make something out of nothing!
Say what? Hardly nothing... called this result I will not even call an upset.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393

the dog

Post by the dog »

Nutsy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:33 pm
CB4 wrote:
Nutsy wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:43 am

Question, can Hobart break the NP jinx?

Nut
2-1 Sectional/ Regional record against New Prairie is a jinx? Way to make something out of nothing!

Nut
The objections had nothing to do with predicting New Prairie to win. It was about calling it a 'jinx'. One win by NP in a three game set over 6 years was not a 'jinx'.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy »

the dog wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:36 am
Nutsy wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:33 pm
CB4 wrote:

Nut
The objections had nothing to do with predicting New Prairie to win. It was about calling it a 'jinx'. One win by NP in a three game set over 6 years was not a 'jinx'.
It's now two in a row, the record stands at 2-2, why don't you let CB4 speak for himself? Maybe there will be a rubber match?

'23 14-49 L
'22 28-49 L
'19 36-7 W
'16 35-14 W

Wheeler is still in the thick of things.

Nut
Come on down to El Monte Slim's (Wheeler's best kept secret)
Wheeler, IN . 46393